FE9 RR

Just like the other thread... looks like this one needs a ton of work for the balancing to work out

I made the following changes to the norm:

- No Laguz Royals, Nasir/Ena being factored in, because I don't like having to choose between Ike/Oscar/Titania or Ike/Titania or Boyd/Rhys

- Elincia is a Level 1 Princess Crimea and takes Titania's place, whereas Largo takes Ike's place, instead of vice-versa, because of her class

Anyways,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvA571YfkqEkdDdnOWhuckJsQ2ZUSHgxTWRuRnU0WUE#gid=0

I think this would finally result in a character better than Seth or Sigurd, if you could keep Elincia's strength fairly respectable and she comes with Amiti.

It'd be pretty hard beating Sigurd considering he can SEIZE and mounted land units were better than flyers in that game because ROAD tiles.

It'd be pretty hard beating Sigurd considering he can SEIZE and mounted land units were better than flyers in that game because ROAD tiles.

Yeah, but flying, staffbot, jeigan with an unbreakable brave sword that gives +3 def and res. It'd be close, and I'd say definitely in Elincia's favor if she had a good strength growth, but since it's only 30, the two of them might be able to beat her, plus she wouldn't have ranged combat until Tanith came around, though Sigurd's ranged combat was fairly meh as well.

I took a ballpark estimate for levels, because Reyson is like Level 3 and Ulki is Level 8 so I tried scaling them. Reyson was meant to join low leveled whereas I feel Ulki/Janaff should be a bit less than Tanith in terms of levels.

Yeah, but flying, staffbot, jeigan with an unbreakable brave sword that gives +3 def and res. It'd be close, and I'd say definitely in Elincia's favor if she had a good strength growth, but since it's only 30, the two of them might be able to beat her, plus she wouldn't have ranged combat until Tanith came around, though Sigurd's ranged combat was fairly meh as well.

generally, flying jeigan units aren't that awesome because the earlygame bow weakness is really harmful

^That, plus there aren't really many archers in FE9 early game from what I remember. Overall, I think it would be more of a benefit in FE9, but it's been forever since I played this game. Her biggest problem would probably be 9 base strength and 30% growth.

^That, plus there aren't really many archers in FE9 early game from what I remember. Overall, I think it would be more of a benefit in FE9, but it's been forever since I played this game. Her biggest problem would probably be 9 base strength and 30% growth.

I think it's only an issue against Armour Knights. She shouldn't have a problem ORKOing other unit types. Think of it this way; Elincia has the same attack and speed as Shinon but with Brave effect. AKA she has no trouble ORKOing everything but AKs and tougher bosses like maybe Kotaff. She certainly needs the Energy Drop to ORKO Maijin, but Geoffrey and Largo can probably make up the difference. EDIT: I just saw their bases.

Flight certainly saves turns in Chapters 2 and 6, but I question her durability and lack of 1-2 range, especially in Chapter 4.

Edited by Anouleth

Bastion, Geoffrey, Lucia, and others would need their base stats raised and their growth rates slightly lowered.

Other than that though this would actually be cool. Calill and Bastion could actually have staves!

Haha, Rolf becomes even worse!

Largo's story!

NICE. He'll have 10 Att which is the same as base Ike, I believe? I personally think he should just start out as Berserker and promote to Wrestler.

• 2 weeks later...

The fun of reverse recruitment is that practicality and balance are thrown out of the window for just q quirky game experience. As such Bastian, Lucia and Geoffrey being absolute shit doesn't matter; it's all for the sake of fun.

And you also have Elincia and then Haar and Ranulf for a little bit to rape earlygame.

Though I have to agree this butchers a lot of characters indeed o.O

• 2 weeks later...

So are these just food for thought, or are you/have you actually implemented these changes? I'd like to try them out sometime if you have.

It shouldn't be hard to do, well, most of it at least (I dunno if Ike's replacement could still do some things if he changes class, that is, if some of his options are chained to being a Lord class).

Edited by Celice