Rate the Unit Day 9: Ronan

Psych

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Deserves to be counted

Please tell me this isn't serious.

To go off topic here, I can't understand why people don't like Tanya. She's been great for me.

She starts off incredibly weak, has no skills to help her combat, has mediocre offensive growths, and bowlock.

Edited by bottlegnomes

If he wants it to be counted, why not?

Because it's clearly mocking Banzai's Marty rating?

I never even considered Ronan's mage-killing niche before, but now that I think about it it does actually seem like something useful.

There are still a lot of characters better than him at that. Any magic user is. There isn't that big a def/res gap that the fact that Ronin targets the lower of the two for mages outweight their significant offensive stat lead. In addition to that, there's both pegasus knights, both female paladins, and Olwen and Eryios. Then there's the fact that Ronin has bowlock and will have to be set up to kill the mages with awkward formations or only kill one a turn, if he even does that, on player phase.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Because it's clearly mocking Banzai's Marty rating?

I'm not sure that's relevant. If he intends only to mock and not for the vote to be counted, then the vote is not covered by my statement. But if he really does want the vote to be counted, I don't think it's my business to judge his stated reasoning.

I'm not sure that's relevant. If he intends only to mock and not for the vote to be counted, then the vote is not covered by my statement. But if he really does want the vote to be counted, I don't think it's my business to judge his stated reasoning.

Okay, Banzai said said it should be counted, hopefully not seriously as it hardly justifies a perfect score. Then I asked if he was serious, or just doing it to go along with the joke. Then you said why shouldn't it be counted, if he's sincere about it. I said he's not serious because it's merely mocking Banzai's rating. So either I'm missing something you said, or your comment on my response to Banzai's quote was completely off topic.

Back to the point, does Banzai legitimately think that vote should be counted.

Okay, Banzai said said it should be counted, hopefully not seriously as it hardly justifies a perfect score. Then I asked if he was serious, or just doing it to go along with the joke. Then you said why shouldn't it be counted, if he's sincere about it. I said he's not serious because it's merely mocking Banzai's rating. So either I'm missing something you said, or your comment on my response to Banzai's quote was completely off topic.

I see no requirement about sufficient justification, nor should any requirement exist.

I'm not arguing sincerity. Only he can tell us if he is sincere. What I am saying is that if he was sincere, that must be regarded as sufficient justification for the rating.

If these ratings are going to be made fun of, then I don't really see why I should continue to run them. I'm going to give another day though, since I want a few more votes.

If these ratings are going to be made fun of, then I don't really see why I should continue to run them. I'm going to give another day though, since I want a few more votes.

Having fun doesn't mean making fun of the ratings.

In all seriousness, I think we should just stop these RTU threads. The FE9 RTU, which was recently finished, had a lot of crying on the endgame thread, which resulted in the person who finished FE9's RTUs and me recalculating several scores to throw out bias points (which DID result in a few placement drops and rises), then we both just stopped because people were still throwing hissy fits. This doesn't include the hissy fits that went on in the actual rating that often spurred off-topic. It seems like the hissy fits are already starting here. I think just stopping these is a good idea. Not an attack on you, just that these RTUs have gone out of hand.

Or we just let people rate units the way they want for whatever reasons they want and stop whining about it or placing weird rules.

Or we just let people rate units the way they want for whatever reasons they want and stop whining about it or placing weird rules.

That also requires people to stop bitchiness about a unit getting a higher/lower average than he or she thinks said unit deserved.

Anyway, if a RTU series is started, I feel like it should be finished, but if one's started at all is entirely up to people.

There would be a lot less whining if people didn't try and take these things so seriously. If people wanna bitch and moan because a character was too high or too low, let them bitch and moan and they'll get over it.

Also the stupid long list of rules. I always thought these were supposed to just be fun, but I guess some people take them veeeeery seriously.

OPINIONS EH

isn't the whole point of polls that the overwhelming majority of people giving reasonable sane scores will outweigh the handful of crazy outlier trolls who give undeserved 10s and 0s

and also these polls aren't exactly going to be used for anything, they don't "need" to be accurate

Edited by Anouleth

OPINIONS EH

isn't the whole point of polls that the overwhelming majority of people giving reasonable sane scores will outweigh the handful of crazy outlier trolls who give undeserved 10s and 0s

and also these polls aren't exactly going to be used for anything, they don't "need" to be accurate

Precisely.

Edited by Othin

For the ones that have a point, yes. Surely that's not supposed to be the case here?

lol that's also true but even if this poll did in theory have some purpose you can safely ignore one or two trolls' worth of noise

oh gosh polls are such serious business

the only thing I would consider seriously using this polls for is to gauge just how wrong everyone who isn't me is which as it turns out is not that much

OPINIONS EH

Speak it breh.

Ronan. He has weird growths and unspectacular bases, but has good movement and movement stars, so you can have him do villages, or rescue chains of the kids, or other miscellaneous stuff. Like Marty, he's not unusable after Manster, but requires significant effort just to be mediocre, so why bother? If Reclassing existed, he would be a boss.

2.5/10

You're telling me the highest-rated character of these polls isn't going to be playable in the next Smash Bros.?