Let's Play Together! Fire Emblem Genealogy Of The Holy War Edition!

Refa

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Are We Pairing Aideen With?

I really hope you guys don't decide to spite me. If you do I'll kill of Sylvia! I'm pretty sure Horace would like that though

Edited it to be public, in the meantime, since SHIN is uh....VERY BUSY, let's do the TUTORIAL thing that every FIRE EMBLEM LP MUST even though NOONE ACTUALLY CARES. We were hoping to avoid it, but well, SHIN's BUSINESS left me with no choice.

Tutorial2.png

Pick your tutorial music of choice!

I want something uplifting!

Something charming, please.

The classic!

Now let's get started with the OVERBEARING TUTORIAL that will make you die of boredom by the end of it. If not well...

Do you want me to repeat this message? Yes No

Tutorial1.png

So as we all know, FIRE EMBLEM take place on a MAP. You move your dudes on the map on the map to complete various objectives, different tiles do different things, yadda yadda yadda.

Fire Emblem 4 is kind of different in this regard!

Tutorial11.png

You get your MAIN DUDE to seize some of these-

Tutorial12.png

While having some other dudes visit some of these along the way;

Tutorial13.png

And occasionally stopping at one of these! OK, now time to go to character stats!

Tutorial10.png

All FE games are pretty similar, being a Nintendo franchise and all, so it comes to no surprise that the stats function basically the same way.

Tutorial6.png

HIT POINTS- IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYONE

STR- HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT WHACKING THINGS

MAG- HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT WISHING THINGS TO DEATH/NOT DEATH

SKILL- HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT HITTING AND DODGING ALSO A LOT OF SKILLS RELY ON THE SKILL STAT SURPRISINGLY

SPEED- HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT DODGING BETTER AND IF YOU CAN DOUBLE WITH PURSUIT

LUCK- GOOD FOR NOTHING

DEF- HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT BEING WHACKED

RES- HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT AVOIDING MAGIC ATTACKS AND TEMPTATION

Tutorial9.png

Each character also has a certain percentage chance of "proccing" a stat, besides MOVE, of course (TIS NOT THRACIA). The only other ways to improve stats in FE4 are special conversations which are pretty helpful actually, villages (which like the prior, give a set stat boost), Rings (give +5 in the stat to whoever has it equipped), and PROMOTION GAINS (when a character hits LV20, they gain a bunch of stats and promote to a new class who can use different WEPONs and such).

Tutorial4.png

BUT FE4 IS SLIGHTLY MORE COMPLICATED THAN THAT

NO THERE IS STILL NO BUILD THIS IS NOT FE4

Tutorial5.png

You have wepon ranks! Each class has set ranks which determine what wepons they can use, move, at most importantly what SPRITE they have. The only way to get better WEPON ranks is to have HOLY BROOD, which gives your character a +1 wepon rank if MINOR and let's your character use all WEPONs of that type if MAJUR.

More importantly, there are skills! These basically let your character do all sorts of neat stuff, for example, ELITE gives your character DOUBLE EXP. It'd take too long to explain them all here, so DO IT URSELF (while waiting for SHIN to update).

Also leadership stars which give your army a set acc/avoid bonus (only LEADER of ARMY has this, applies to enemy too), but it's not TOO IMPORTANT in this game.

Tutorial7.png

And that's FE stats for you! The variable nature means you can never rely on the same people for every playthrough (well, technically you can, but it behooves you to use units who are doing well), which is pretty cool, I'd say.

Tutorial3.png

Of course good stats are not the only part of the equation. You must STRATEGY!

Tutorial8.png

Although you should surpass your opponent, a critical hit!

Edited by Refa

you all suck

Hey SHIN let's pressure you again now that I've actually finished the Chapter 1 gameplay!

Greetings! I come from a far away land where tea and crumpets are staple foods... and I bring the gift of the next part! It took me 5 hours to say stuff! Guest starring Ardan!

It didn't help that my exams were between the this and the previous video. I've got everything recorded, I just need to do commentary for the second half of the chapter. Then I shall be free to pester all of you about your parts!