FE8, Haard Mode.

MacLovin

Final thoughts, etc.

Gilliam's early Speed blessing made this team absolutely ridiculous. Eir was majorly Strength-blessed, which made things a lot easier. Joshua was absolutely key - those things that Gilliam didn't tank outright were the ones he could kill. Tana could carry Gilliam, as well as fight to clear a path. Dozla had his own moments, as did Knoll and Myrrh. Artur had way more oomph than normal, which allowed for some of the lategame clears. I think this was the most solid team I've drafted so far.

Eirika - Strength-blessed, Luck-blessed, average-to-screwed everywhere else for a long time. Her frailty meant that I couldn't use her to bash Formotiis outright, but her Strength meant that I could do funny things like ORKO the Sniper in Chapter 9 with a Silver Sword.

Gillaim - If Seth is Seth, then this guy is the real Jagen. His early Speed meant that he could double, which in turn made clearing maps faster. His Speed fell by the wayside, but his overall ability to not be hurt was great on those annoying maps with too many physical enemies too close to me! Would've been MVP if he wasn't at 10 Speed for most of the game.

Artur - Lots of Magic and Speed to his name, which offset his lack of durability. He had just enough HP to avoid the worst of the 2HKO scenarios. Crazy Warp range meant that I could clear certain maps faster. Co-MVP for that alone.

Joshua - He made up the turns he cost for recruitment in Chapters 14 and 15 (doubled Carlyle in the former and beat the crap out of Caellach in two turns). He was able to take quite a beating, and his amazing Speed and generally-not-being-screwed give him co-MVP honors.

Ephraim - He heard my anguish over those times he sucked, and improved on it. Despite his early promotion, he came out better than normal. Co-MVP for taking out the lategame annoyances.

Forde - Didn't hit hard, or often enough, but Tethys appreciated the ride. . .wait, that sounds wrong.

Tana - Was frail until promotion, where she was less frail. Her Strength picked up, which meant she could start killing things. Invaluable in Chapters 18 and 19.

Tethys - Dodged when it counted.

Dozla - Didn't make it to Garm, but got me an Energy Ring, then beat up a lot of flying things in the desert, then cracked eggs. One of, like, three people to never die (the other two being Tethys and Gilliam; despite what I said about him earlier, he survived).

Knoll - Phantoms save turns in Chapter 18, unless the AI decides not to target them (this happened). Plenty of magic, crap for staff skill; if it wasn't so low, I would've saved a turn in Chapter 19.

Myrrh - Gained just what she needed to, and somehow survived.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

took me a while, but finished the game

CH-10-6turns

CH-11-9turns

CH-12-10turns

CH-13-6turns

CH-14-8turns

CH-15-6turns

CH-16-10turns

CH-17-3turns

CH-18-7turns

CH-19-3turns

CH-20-9turns

CH-Final-3+1turns

I never had warp and I am sure I lost (plus not very good at math so not adding)