June 7th DLC - Eirika

Hardin

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, people need to stop complaining over Eirika's DLC design. The artwork is nice, and it gives us a new class. If the concept of this class bothers people so much that they don't want it tainting their game, don't buy the damn DLC. You want Swordmaster Eirika? Reclass her to fucking Swordmaster. Oh no, but the portrait still has a dress? So what? No one's portrait matches their battle appearance when the reclass to a different class type, deal with it. Honestly, people.

I don't see any UFs. God forbid a PRINCESS get married. Never happened before. And it's totally not like she did in any of her support endings (you morons). And last time I checked, getting married doesn't make a woman a simpering foolish little girl who can't pull her weight in battle. So remove the sticks from your collective asses fans.

I don't see any UFs. God forbid a PRINCESS get married. Never happened before. And it's totally not like she did in any of her support endings (you morons). And last time I checked, getting married doesn't make a woman a simpering foolish little girl who can't pull her weight in battle. So remove the sticks from your collective asses fans.

lol

I like this guy.

Second, why is everyone upset that Eirika can use staves? Swords bows and staves just serves to make her more awesome, not less.

Finally, redoing the character art is not even close to the worst thing the series could do. They could make the next game a Space Opera sci-fi story. Is that what you want? Basically make it a strategic version of Final Fantasy (oh wait, SE beat them to it). So lets all just chill. You rage will be justified if, say, NOA reinserts their head up their ass and decides to not bring this to the States.

Edited by ISRMMBV

Holy fuck dude you're actually making me a little bit mad here.

I want you to think about what you just said, and think about what people are getting upset about. OK, fuck that, I'm going to tell you. Nobody gives a shit about the fact the Eirika got married. Nobody. Nobody is saying anything about that. What people are upset about (among other things) is her class being called "Bride", because that's fucking retarded as. Her class being called Bride implies that being a Bride is somehow the defining characteristic of her character, and pretty much the only class that gets anywhere near this level of stupid unrelated names is Lord, but at least Lord has at least a little bit of relation to warfare and combat. People are also upset about the fact that she is wearing a massive fucking dress, because as previously stated, it's possibly one of the worst ideas for combat gear of all time. I don't know if we've seen her battle sprite yet, but if it's in that then it's incredibly stupid.

tl;dr You don't see any male characters with the class "Groom" do you?

EDIT: Just been informed that it's in her battle sprite. Fuck off.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

What makes you say that?

Because at least Eirika (and Elincia and Micaiah) clearly are from European-like cultures and have been shown wearing noble clothes, even if not a dress as elaborate as that one. Lyn has always been depicted in her Sacaen outfits, even after class change, never really fitting in completely with the other nobles - and in most endings she even returns to Sacae. Eirika in that dress is just Eirika wearing something inappropriate for battle, but Lyn wearing that would be a big change for her character.

Edited by NeonZ

Who are you talking too? I would like to think that I payed attention thorough the whole thread and haven't read of anyone saying that Eirika shouldn't or wouldn't marry. Or that getting married makes her somehow less capable.

Edited by BrightBow

Then I guess it's no wonder I missed it. I didn't even know the word "simpering". Time to take a look then. It still doesn't excuse the usage of the word "collective" though. I do know what that word means.

Edited by BrightBow

Holy fuck dude you're actually making me a little bit mad here.

I want you to think about what you just said, and think about what people are getting upset about. OK, fuck that, I'm going to tell you. Nobody gives a shit about the fact the Eirika got married. Nobody. Nobody is saying anything about that. What people are upset about (among other things) is her class being called "Bride", because that's fucking retarded as. Her class being called Bride implies that being a Bride is somehow the defining characteristic of her character, and pretty much the only class that gets anywhere near this level of stupid unrelated names is Lord, but at least Lord has at least a little bit of relation to warfare and combat. People are also upset about the fact that she is wearing a massive fucking dress, because as previously stated, it's possibly one of the worst ideas for combat gear of all time. I don't know if we've seen her battle sprite yet, but if it's in that then it's incredibly stupid.

tl;dr You don't see any male characters with the class "Groom" do you?

EDIT: Just been informed that it's in her battle sprite. Fuck off.

This post is amusing.

I love this thread.