June 7th DLC - Eirika

Hardin

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey don't get ahead of yourself man. There's still plenty of lords who haven't been released yet for people to get mad about. You can't decide the name yet!

more or less than you love children?

Less.

I think that the Bride class should've been like this

tumblr_m4vs2hnUUY1qkyw2wo1_400.jpg

[Pic isn't mine. I stole it off tumblr]

Geezus... Now I remember how awful the movies are. Thanks for that.

We have Demon fighter (Male spec) and Bride (Female spec....obviously). Any ideas for DLC Classes for both genders? Teacher (uses Tomes, Lances and Staves-Foot Unit) Saint (Wields Swords Lances Staves-Foot Unit), or Hell Knight (Axes, Dark Magic-Dragon Rider) are mine!

Oh please, not this "realistic" nonsense again.

As if there is nothing between 100% historical accurate armor and freaking wedding dresses.

I understand the qualms people have with the way these characters are being portrayed, Micaiah especially (I mean, that one was way off), but I can't understand why people are making such a big deal out of it.

The funny thing is that that would be even more out of character for her but no one cares because it's "badass"

Of course! Real Women Don't Wear Dresses, and if they do, it's Chickification!

We have Demon fighter (Male spec) and Bride (Female spec....obviously). Any ideas for DLC Classes for both genders? Teacher (uses Tomes, Lances and Staves-Foot Unit) Saint (Wields Swords Lances Staves-Foot Unit), or Hell Knight (Axes, Dark Magic-Dragon Rider) are mine!

mind you, I'm not sure who would represent these classes, since all the DLC have been Lords....so....nevermind?

literally no one has said what you're implying

literally no one has said what you're implying

I'm taking from Tvtropes. It's stupid, though that Eirikas dress got any hating at all, considering how badass basically every FE-Female can be (the exception is Ninian, and even she was a frakking Dragon...did I spoil that for anyone?). Is it impractical? Sure. But I think the designs (except maybe Mickys) are ment to invoke Rule Of Cool (for gods sake look at Lizs dress or the Shellder Knights. Nothing pratical about em).

If a woman wears a dress in a video game, it implies sexism on the part of the developers. In Eirika's case, putting a dress on her, PERIOD, was emasculating and makes her seem like she's waiting for a knight in shining armor to rescue her.

HAPPY SIVAN!?

Uh tv tropes alert

I liked the dress. It's a gorgeous design, even if it doesn't belong in a battlefield.

I'll rage and froth at the mouth about the DLC only if it's confirmed that she only uses bows and staves D:

If a woman wears a dress in a video game, it implies sexism on the part of the developers. In Eirika's case, putting a dress on her, PERIOD, was emasculating and makes her seem like she's waiting for a knight in shining armor to rescue her.

HAPPY SIVAN!?

Yggdra would like to have a word with you.

[spoiler=This is one poofy dress and one huge sword]lk060612yggdra.JPG

Edited by Pandorakun

HAPPY SIVAN!?

was she really that emasculated though? Compare her arms to Liz's. At least she looks like she can still wield a sword. I'm guessing Liz is using magic to let her swing an ax around.

Edited by ISRMMBV

Uh tv tropes alert

I liked the dress. It's a gorgeous design, even if it doesn't belong in a battlefield.

I'll rage and froth at the mouth about the DLC only if it's confirmed that she only uses bows and staves D:

If she doesn't wield swords, can we call her Imposteirika?

I'm taking from Tvtropes.

link.jpg

It's stupid, though that Eirikas dress got any hating at all, considering how badass basically every FE-Female can be (the exception is Ninian, and even she was a frakking Dragon...did I spoil that for anyone?). Is it impractical? Sure. But I think the designs (except maybe Mickys) are ment to invoke Rule Of Cool (for gods sake look at Lizs dress or the Shellder Knights. Nothing pratical about em).

Yeah Liz's skirt is kind of dumb and a number of the people complaining about this complained about that way back when it was introduced.