Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

ummmm, there is some role known as an interceptor, that has the same effect as a PGO except you activate it on a specific person and that is almost always a mafia role.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, gtg

I have a test to fail which starts in a bit, if there are no angry mobs, I should be back in about 2 hours.

ummmm, there is some role known as an interceptor, that has the same effect as a PGO except you activate it on a specific person and that is almost always a mafia role.

Oh, so that's what it does? Wasn't aware of that.

##Unvote

##Vote: Subieko

Should stand for now.

What do PGO and PR stand for? tongue.gif

PGO= Paranoid Gun Owner. Whoever targets him gets killed.

PR- Power Role( like doctor or cop) or Post restriction. I don't think there are any post restirctions in this game tho.

##Unvote ##Vote StSS

Interceptor actually works slightly differently from PGO in that if more than one person visits the Interceptor's target, only one of them dies and the rest learn that the interceptor is mafia.

Also imo Haze's claim isn't scummy since

If he is town, this was a good move because it means we don't randomly lose important roles suiciding on him

If he's not town and is a PGO, he could choose to stay silent so that people randomly die at him. Also that would probably be imbalanced.

If he's not town and isn't a PGO, well, hopefully we will be vigilant and catch him (and maybe see a tracker will see someone visit him and not die or a watcher will find him visit someone)

PGO= Paranoid Gun Owner. Whoever targets him gets killed.

PR- Power Role( like doctor or cop) or Post restriction. I don't think there are any post restirctions in this game tho.

Thanks!

Except PGO would give the mafia an extra kill, and that's overpowered.

PGO generally isn't a one-shot role. ie: mafia could theoretically get infinite kills with a PGO. There's a good reason that it isn't a mafia role ever.

Did I mention that PGO generally isn't affected by the action/kill that targets them? Yeah no, that's not mafia.

This on the other hand, is a perfectly logical possibility. I somehow doubt that you would claim PGO as interceptor, though. General PGO play is to claim immedaitely, as to not hurt town as much as possible.

I'll probably link a good reading resource for the new players when I get back home. Just becase I'm nice.

(since I'm not at home, and I've only really skimmed, I can't address much right now. Also busy fixing stuff up for a mafia game I'm hosting eventually as well, so that doesn't help either)

For some reason, I'd thought that Haze was joking with his announcement...

Interceptor also differs from PGO in that the Interceptor kills someone who visits his target, not someone who visits the Interceptor himself, although I suppose he could target himself.

While Scorri's three points might have been mostly obvious, I don't think it was a particularly scummy thing to do. It doesn't make sense for a mafioso, even a more active one, to try and lead discussion.

It actually does. The more townie you look, the less probability of you being a lynch target. What are you saying?

Also now I realized that I was an interceptor in Rein's game. And I never knew that. lol

Sure, but as I see it, there's a difference between being an active part of the discussion, and attempting to lead it. The former makes you seem more townie, and the latter, while also doing so, helps the town get more organized and circulate ideas and scumhunt more actively, which, ultimately, is a bad thing for the mafia no matter what.

actually, quick rethink:

I actually meant yes, as you joking (and hence you not being mayor). It actually just occured to me.

derp moments this game so far: 1 and counting

Hey, scorri has the right idea.

Now, then. . .

1. I finally got a role where I'm better alive than dead.

2. BBM's logic has once again hit the fan. This is mostly NOC, so FFS, argue things out, and don't follow. I'm more likely to get on the case of people who are echo chambers than leaders; the latter, especially if mafia, slip sooner than later.

And to whoever thinks PGO can't be a mafia role: Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia.

Clipsey, quick question for you: Who won KRRM?

Maf!PGO, to my understanding (key word here), would only be able to be lynched. Such a role could play as town for the entire game, and quite easily win because of it, if not at least get a huge advantage.

Again, only on my understanding. If there's something wrong with what I'm saying, please, do speak up.

Actually, scratch that second paragraph, I'm an idiot.

Gotta remember these things (and look them up) sometimes.

First question still stands though.

The only reason why town won was because I didn't die when I inspected Strawman while the doc was on me. Even then, it was really close.