Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

All abilities have their effect one, barring them being stopped by any protective actions I pull to myself like doctor or safeguard stopping them.

I suspect calling it a mass roleblock was an attempt to make it sound worse than it actually is.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. However, a mass lightningrod at this point won't really inform anyone of anything except that Haze has a mass lightningrod. I don't think it'll give the town as much information as letting the investigative roles do their thing and having a possible vig fire on someone scummy.

I think namekilling is silly. Mafia, be more original, dammit.

I'm not saying namekilling is a good idea, just that it happens quite often. And yeah, the idea that any protective roles might be on the claimed power roles is a reason to not attack them, but whatever the reasoning might be, the result is that the claimed power role doesn't die.

Gah, so many posts to catch up on. I'm not happy with Marth right now. He nearly caused a tie at the last minute, then got Kay lynched, and now his arguments against Manix seemed really defensive and filled with bad logic.

Thank you for stating what everyone else is stating- this really makes you look more pro-town.

BBM pointed out the flip-flopping here already; in Marth's first reaction to Manix he focused on justifying a no lynch, and did NOT say he thought it would be randlynch. This feels to me like Marth realized he couldn't win the no lynch argument and so he switched tactics.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and go back and re-read? Because I in fact stated(not clearly in words, I admit) that I thought a tie would get a randomlynch. Also I'm not switching tactics at all, quote three posts to show you what I mean.

Uh, sorry, not my fault you guys were hell bent on mislynching. I never wanted to vote kay/BBM, but apparently even when we claim, you guys were hell bent on lynching one of the three of us. Also since Paper said Kay's role could be a fakeclaim, I decided to vote for her. And before you say we could have had a no-lynch, the scenario wasn't as such at all. Let's look at one minute before: Oh hey, I'm gonna get lynched. Also iris, why do you care about ties, one of us was gonna get lynched anyway.

Marth, a tie is a NL. Which has been clearly explained to be a horrible idea. Just be glad we even got a bloody lynch out! You very clearly attempted to force the NL, which is quite possibly the worst move a townie could even do.

Manix's first response. Clearly, I didn't know that(sorry for not reading the rules properly). What bugs me is that he states that and then thinks I tried to force the No lynch. I mean if you think that, why did you have to tell me that's what a tie does?

A few replies later:

Except that I thought that a tie would result in a random lynch between Kay and I, and since Paper said Kay looked suspicious, I thought "If I'm gonna get lynched anyway, let's hope that I get someone who could be fakeclaiming down as well.". Thinking back, now that I know its an NL, I don't really think it was that bad. That's what I'm trying to say. I see your emphasis on better- so what? You still got info, right?

Yeah, I'm not switching tactics at all. Thanks for trying to make some weird logic out of my posts though.

This seems like deliberately missing the point. Just because no lynch is bad doesn't mean lynching a strong role is good, particularly when you were a) scummier and b) claimed a weaker role.

I disagree that I looked scummier- people say I'm echoing others' thoughts, people say I'm being oppurtunistic with my votes. Guess what? This is D1, all sorts of shit happens, hell what about all those players who decided to vote BBM? Aren't at least of couple of them oppurtunistic? Sorry, I'm not the only one like that. Simply put the grounds against me were: 1. Not contributing much 2. Being oppurtunistic. Hell everyone was voting randomly/talking about PGO stuff/ talking about how scummy BBM/ wanted to lynch me towards the end of the phase. Hey look, I'm doing that too!... except that I didn't hop on that BBM wagon for fun and I thought you were scummy. That's 'original thinking', what makes me scummy about that?

You voted for her. Acknowledge your actions and explain them. This extreme defensiveness does not look good.

Yes I never said I didn't vote for her. Don't put words in my mouth. Also I've been explaining my actions, and you've even replied to my explanation. Why do you want to add extra points, its like you're trying to nail me.

Also yes I have to be defensive, what else have I got? If everyone says I'm going to be vigged, then I'll think of posting suspicions this night phase, otherwise why is there any need for me to be on the offence? Especially at night phase? And my night action is weak- I can't discuss much about night actions as well.

What bothers me the most, though, is this:

1. that is not what you said when you voted for her.

No mention of Paperblade, or in fact any suspicion that Kay was scum. I don't like that you're coming up with reasoning after the fact and denying the pretty obvious motive you originally had (in this case, saving yourself).

Yes I didn't say that, because I thought it was fairly obvious? And yes I wanted to save myself, where am I denying that? You continue to put words in my mouth, I don't like it. Hell, I could've just voted BBM to save myself(ok, and who'd die is still random, but hey! Town gets two townie deaths(if I die as well) and more info!) but I keep saying that Paper thought her claim could be a fakeclaim. And hey, I had only 5 minutes left, not like I was thinking clearly anyway. And since I'm still inexperienced at figuring out fakeclaims and Paper's more experienced, I decided to trust his judgement. Its bad logic, yeah, but that was what I thought back then. And yeah if he's mafia, I'm screwed so lol.

2. this is the second time you've justified your actions by pointing to Paperblade. First you told Eclipse your behavior wasn't scummy because Paperblade was doing something similar, now you say you voted because Paper said to, basically.

I actually have two issues with this second point. First, I want to see your OWN reasoning for your vote. I already know that Paperblade thought her role was OP, I want to know what YOU thought and why. Hiding behind Paperblade's opinions looks to me like a way to avoid putting your own thinking out there and thus being able to claim it wasn't your fault you were wrong.

Second, why are you buddying up to Paperblade so much? This looks quite strange to me, and scummy as well.

I voted for you D1 only because you were the scummiest of the three wagons, not because I thought you were the scummiest play overall. After seeing all this, though, I'm looking at you as a good target for D2. Please get some better reasoning out there.

If I'm telling eclipse that, doesn't it mean I think Paper might be scummy too? You're looking at it the other way around; I thought he was scummmy, not townish. :|

Let's get back to that Kay vote. At first when I voted ay after Blitz, its because I thought she was a bit scummy and I just wanted to pressure vote her. Obviously Manix exaggerated that bit, but you want to gang up on me for that eh? The next time I voted for her, its because I wanted to save myself. Quite obvious.

Also I'm not buddying Paper at all. I don't even know how you're coming up with that reasoning, in fact I was quite suspicious of Paper at the start. And who the hell knows? He could in fact just be mafia trying to provoke confusion and covering it up with a misread excuse. When have I ever said that he's auto-clear? Or that he's the most pro-town? Yes even in my argument against Manix I did say that Paper was the first to dislike the wagon on BBM- I never said that Paper looks pro-town because of it. Then Manix decides to order people to stop voting BBM. How original. And that was my argument against him saying I 'did not contribute much.'

You never responded to my questions. I'll repeat them again.

Why did your very first post of Night 1 try to argue the merits of nolynching if you thought there would be a randomlynch? Why bother talking about how nolynching can be okay in certain situations? Why not just say straight away that you thought that someone would be randomlynched?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't randomlynches pull from all surviving players, not just those tied with most votes? In that case, it would be even worse randomlynching.

You never responded to my questions. I'll repeat them again.

Why did your very first post of Night 1 try to argue the merits of nolynching if you thought there would be a randomlynch? Why bother talking about how nolynching can be okay in certain situations? Why not just say straight away that you thought that someone would be randomlynched?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't randomlynches pull from all surviving players, not just those tied with most votes? In that case, it would be even worse randomlynching.

I thought I had already hinted that, so yeah, that's why I didn't press further. And I didn't get why iri and Manix were uppity about it, so I argued the merits.

Also I thought the latter, so sorry.

Hell, I could've just voted BBM to save myself(ok, and who'd die is still random, but hey! Town gets two townie deaths(if I die as well)

Why are you talking as though BBM is confirmed town?

Why are you talking as though BBM is confirmed town?

I don't know, he's the bomb right? And I thought the claims on D1 were trustworthy. Then again, I forgot the bomb could be mafia too,

But the only time I followed Paper was before that end phase, and that's because I wanted to save myself of course. I don't think I've been following him otherwise.

But if the reason was just wanting to save yourself, and not Paper's thoughts, why did you cite him as a reason? If you thought he was one of the scummier players in the game, why even let his post be a secondary factor in your decision-making?

uh hold up I don't mean to interrupt the important interrogation here but since I don't play mafia often

Haze's role is a PGO with an one-use mass lightning rod, Bluedoom's is a single target lightning rod, and BBM's is a PGO who kills a random lynch voter?

Maybe I didn't read these right but is it normal for there to be this many roles with overlapping abilities?

But if the reason was just wanting to save yourself, and not Paper's thoughts, why did you cite him as a reason? If you thought he was one of the scummier players in the game, why even let his post be a secondary factor in your decision-making?

If I wanted to save myself, I could've voted you. If that was just the reason. As I said, he thought Kay could be fcing, and voting her seemed like a better idea. Otherwise I'd probably not have voted either of you two.

Besides, I had only 5 minutes to do something about my lynch, what could I do?

BBM is not a PGO, but a bomb. PGO kills whoever visits, period, while the bomb kills whoever killed them. It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

I'm gonna put these here so I don't have to dig them up again.

Marth - Satsuki, Reverse Martyr

BBM - Gilgamesh, Bomb/Hunter

Day 1 end (Kay lynched) - Sion, weak Coroner

Haze - Ciel, PGO/lightningrod

Haze and BBM have a subtle role difference - Haze kills anyone who visits, BBM kills the person who kills him at night. Likewise, Haze draws all actions to him once, while Marth forces one person to target him.

If I wanted to save myself, I could've voted you. If that was just the reason. As I said, he thought Kay could be fcing, and voting her seemed like a better idea. Otherwise I'd probably not have voted either of you two.

Besides, I had only 5 minutes to do something about my lynch, what could I do?

Not wait until five minutes before the lynch to decide a lynch target. ;/

That applies to more than just you. I remember yelling at people in Schoolgirl Mafia for deciding their lynch targets at the last minute. I do not want a repeat of that here. The phase end times kinda suck for me, as I get off of work a bit after it.