Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah, Blitz was Tracker, not Watcher. Bleh. Either way, as Helios said, you are admitting that you targeted Paperblade because you don't have a choice. IIRC, you didn't respond to the claim made in the SMS that you were the Silencer until after Blitz was dayvigged, meaning you could no longer pass off the SMS as a lie.

hey guys, so I have an exam today (in 2 hours, and goes for 3)

Doesn't mean I'll miss phase end, or not be here to defend myself. I hate to say this (lol, not really), but both Marth and Elieson are bad targets for the lynch today. I got a claim from Elie that we can't afford to lose if it is true. We need to find another target, and quickly. And yes, Tracker is not concrete proof as to whether someone definitely is a certain role, so yeah. He did not claim silencer.

Elie, target eclipse tonight. I'm targeting myself. I am open to suggestions, however. This will likely prove at least one of our roles. Clipsey, if you are a watcher, self target, if not, figure something out, I'm sure you're smart enough.

PS: Town probably doesn't have a full RB, that's why we have SG+LR, to prevent non-killing actions from a target if we coordinate enough.

Also Subieko: why the hell would I want to mislynch Haze? Even if I was scum, trying to mislynch an almost confirmed town is death. It's just not smart for scum!me. And the other stuff you quoted isn't exactly what I would call "let's lynch him" material. Yes, I know my SG claim was bad timing, and I'm going to meta myself in that I do this all the time as town. That is all.

##Vote: Iris

Get the daffodil back in here. You realllllllllly need to speak, right now.

That's why Eli claimed to have targeted me N0. ;/

Eli, I think you claimed to the wrong person. At least I know how to STFU regarding these things. . .

Eclipse, I didn't do anything to you on n0 in this game.

I was referring to our last game, XXXXX:FFDH where you couldn't receive PMs on N0. That was my doing, where my RP of Balcerzak!Mafia Flake yada yada yada.

More coming in a minute.

Okay, caught up on everything I missed. (I just know this is gonna get ninja'd though, lol)

Well...I guess this explains why Eclipse was so against discussion of third parties. And it also explains why Blitz was making so many random unexplained votes. If that SMS that Nano was sent is true then we can ignore the hidden players. However...

Do not bother looking for us unless you want to lose more quickly.

This does make me think we shouldn't forget them entirely. It sounds a bit threatening (plus, if looking for them would make us lose 'more quickly', does that mean the sender thinks we're losing now? just seems like a weird thing to say). But it seems there's nothing we can do about that for now.

give me questions to ask

This makes me think whoever sent Prims the SMS is not a third party. We know Blitz was a third party on Emirou's side and Eclipse is on Shiki's side, so that just leaves the two hidden players themselves left. Why would they care about asking questions?

The sender is obviously in contact with someone who can tell who visits someone (or they are the info role and are in contact with the question-asker). This could be Blitz, the Tracker, in which case we don't know that Elieson is the Silencer; the whole game could have visited Paper and a Tracker targeting Elieson would only know about Elieson. BUT if there's some other info role like Watcher out there, and the SMS sender was in contact with them instead, that's a very different picture. A watcher saying Elieson and only Elieson targeted Paperblade would confirm him as the Silencer.

I've seen Marth and Manix assuming that Blitz sent the message and tracked Elieson, but how do we know it was Blitz? Is it just that it'd be ridiculous to have a Watcher and a Tracker in the same game, or did I miss something in the thread, or what?

Subi, think about the implications of a scum!Safeguard. Then, think about whether or not you think Manix is telling the truth about his role.

I realize that scum!Safeguard would be a very strong role. But looking at the flips and claims we have so far, Town seems quite strong too. Kay's role targets a dead player--can't Safeguard them. Haze claims PGO, scum!Safeguard would die targeting him. BBM claims nightbomb--Safeguard won't save the killer from dying against that. Combine that with Marth's single-target lightning rod claim and whatever redirected you, and you've got a pretty powerful Town. Giving Town a safeguard on top of all that seems pretty darn strong.

There's also the possibility that Manix is lying about his claim. At this point, it's unproven. His safeguard claim is not enough to make me think he's Town.

Elie, target eclipse tonight. I'm targeting myself. I am open to suggestions, however. This will likely prove at least one of our roles. Clipsey, if you are a watcher, self target, if not, figure something out, I'm sure you're smart enough.

Why would you plan this stuff out in the open where scum can read it? If you had shared this only with Eclipse and Elieson, then you could have taken the scum by surprise.

Also Subieko: why the hell would I want to mislynch Haze?

Because he's the PGO, so he would kill the scum who tried to kill him. Also, my point was that you were trying to set up a scenario where Haze would have suspicion thrown on him, thus potentially getting him lynched.

And the other stuff you quoted

Could you at least address your repeated opinion softenings? I mean places where you go 'I think X, but hey, I could be wrong too'. Reading through the thread, it's a repeated behavior that troubles me.

(also your new avatar is SO CUTE what is she from)

Upon further reading. . .

Elieson, don't target me. You can't stop my death. Target the person who you think is most likely town (and who isn't Haze).

I put this plan out in the open because the scum don't know what town!Elie's role is. It could mean absolutely anything right now to them, and it would make them paranoid. If Elie is scum, well it doesn't really matter what I say now, does it? Also, limited OC is kinda a thing here.

re opinion softening: I fucked up big time in my last game (It's Not SFMM2 minimaf), and I really am just a bit apprehensive about what I say. That is all.

We think it's Blitz because of the typing style, and from what he flipped, all of what's in there makes sense. (Aside from the Elie is silencer claim, that can't be proven yet.)

avatar is a fanart of one of the female Gunner's from Etrian Odyssey 2, btw

Better idea.

HAZE. LIGHTNINGROD. Because I want to catch the moron who redirected me.

but what about Prims saying that his ability would passively negate it? I'm not set on that claim myself, but...

Remember that redirect I complained about WAY back? What if said redirect hits someone besides me. . .like Eli? I'm trying to buy time for the town. I'm not sure what Prims is, but I'd like to work around that, if possible.

Remember that redirect I complained about WAY back? What if said redirect hits someone besides me. . .like Eli? I'm trying to buy time for the town. I'm not sure what Prims is, but I'd like to work around that, if possible.

hmm okay, that would work. considering you seem to have an idea about what I'm babbling about, yeah, this should work nicely. I hope.

I claimed to manix, for reasons I'm not gonna blurt. A mistake, maybe, but we will see. Eclipse, you may already know my role, believe it or not.

That being said, i think I know who I will target, unless redirected.

And why I didn't claim paper sooner? As soon as D2 started and I saw him silenced, I thought "oh snap, either I have a hidden role or someone else targeted him". Had I announced publically that I targetted him, well...you can assume the backlash that would throw my way. The last thing I want to do as town is draw negative attention to myself, especially after N1's occurance.

I was genuinely baffled, and didn't feel inspired to throw myself to the wolves.

I put this plan out in the open because the scum don't know what town!Elie's role is. It could mean absolutely anything right now to them, and it would make them paranoid. If Elie is scum, well it doesn't really matter what I say now, does it? Also, limited OC is kinda a thing here.

re opinion softening: I fucked up big time in my last game (It's Not SFMM2 minimaf), and I really am just a bit apprehensive about what I say. That is all.

We think it's Blitz because of the typing style, and from what he flipped, all of what's in there makes sense. (Aside from the Elie is silencer claim, that can't be proven yet.)

avatar is a fanart of one of the female Gunner's from Etrian Odyssey 2, btw

I still think keeping the plan secret would be better, particularly the 'if you're watcher then self-watch' part. Also I was under the impression you and Elieson both had at least one message left and thus could coordinate all this with Eclipse.

...hm...I did read that game...okay, I can see why you would be acting like this. Hm...I'm not sure who I want lynched now. More re-reading for me, I guess. ##Unvote for now.

I see...so there's no proof one way or the other. Perhaps someone imitated Blitz's typing style. Why would Blitz want Elieson killed anyway? He was third party, that doesn't exactly help his wincon. And as I said in my last post I don't think the question asker is third party.

Remember, Prims said that his role would basically cancel out Haze's mass LR if he used it (which makes me wonder why Pride didn't say anything about it).

Also, Subieko, the wincon is for his guy to have more fans at the end. One way to do this is to make as many people of one side (either town or mafia) your fans, and then help that side to win.

Blitz assumed that Eli visited Paper, so Eli had to be the silencer. Welcome to his logic. I told him to fix his scumdar, and he hasn't.

What I'd like to know is HOW Prims can cancel it out. If it's active, then that should be easy enough to circumvent. If it's not, then it'll be tricky.

actually, great point. why wouldn't he say anything about it? hmmmmmmmm

Well, it's possible that Prims is scum who is bullshitting to make Haze delay his mass LR. Alternatively, Pride didn't realize that his role would cancel out the mass LR.