Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the answer is "yes", either we found two scum or we have something crazy like Haze/BBM/Helios.

If the answer is "no", we have a dichotomy guaranteed to have scum in it.

I'm down with the Iris/Subieko question, but I still think that the Haze using his mass!LR is dumb. "Sure, Subieko could just doc Haze. If Haze dies, then we know Subieko is fakeclaiming, and if he doesn't then he gets docced right? With Psych asking the Iris/Subieko question, we'll either have two confirmed townies or two confirmed scumbuddies right?" This plan is flawed since there is a possibility of scum!Haze. Think about it. None of us have actually tested Haze's role, nor has Psych/Paper asked about it. Do you know how easy it is to fake a mass!LR with the roles we have now? You've gone vanilla, Prims (at least I think) so you can't do anything. Manix is a safeguard, and unless his target roleblocked he won't know if his action works or not. There's an obvious way to know if my action works or not, as you know. BBM's role only does something when he dies and I doubt scum want to take the risk of killing a bomb. In the end Subieko could fake having docced Haze (in reality they would idle their kill though) and we'd clear two people as town even though they could be scum. This is a possibility and if is the case we would suffer tremendously from it. There's probably other flaws in it to that I'm not even thinking of because this is just something that came to me right now. Which is why I say we do the alternative.

With Haze NOT using his mass!LR, Manix safeguards Subieko so she can't claim roleblocked. Subieko gives the dayvig ability to one of Manix, Prims, Psych, or even BBM or myself. KEEP THE MAFIA GUESSING. If someone doesn't get the dayvig we know Subieko is lying. With Psych's question, we can CONFIRM whether or not Iris or Subieko are both town or both scum, though I personally suggest we have a question so that we only ask whether Iris is scum so that there isn't any possibility of misfire (if you ask if BOTH are scum, then you run the possibility that only one is scum, putting yourself into a 50/50 possibility that there is only one scum or no scum, and since we could be at MYLO that's a bit risky IMO). This is, IMO, is the best way to confirm two scum and I'm unable to think of a possibility that this would misfire except if Subieko would give the dayvig to the NK target, but 20% chances don't hit that often in FE wink.gif. With things going this way, it'll be easiest to work things out and have an easier town victory.

Haze: There would still be tactical advantages to having you die over other people at this point, like having Manix and I live longer to lead the town.

Regardless, with the doc dead, I'm no longer comfortable just throwing out the lightning rod as a method of "clearing" myself, sorry.

The idea behind me using my lightning rod in the first place was that I would clear myself, and if I'm dead, then that's pointless. Therefore, the second the doctor died, me using my lightning rod to "clear" myself, was pointless.

Did I say I would never use it? No. I just said I wouldn't use it to "clear" myself.

Fucking hell, Prims, I'd expect you to actually read what I say.

Giving the dayvig ability to somebody is a bad idea because it's been heavily implied scum have a redirector (eclipse claimed redirected D2).

Basically: scum RBs Manix then redirects Subi to scum for a FREE DAYVIG SHOT and probably a win.

Mass lightning rod may be fakeable, but what's more important is that it earns us a night with no kills while Psych gets us info.

Scorri's role:

1.You will protect USER from any fatal actions.

2.You will receive USER's full role PM.

3.Any actions targeting USER will target you instead.

4.Any non-fatal actions targeting USER will fail.

5.You will kidnap USER, preventing them from acting or being acted upon. In addition, USER will not be present the following day.

6.You will empower USER, allowing them to kill someone during the day.

7.You will intervene on any attempt to lynch USER the following day.

8.You will prevent USER from taking any action for the night.

Seeing as no one claimed redirected D3, or even D1, I don't think that there is a redirector in this game. And we never figured out what Scorri did before she died now did we? I think what happened was she targeted whoever Eclipse targeted and Eclipse ended up targeting Scorri instead, to her dismay. I think it's the best explanation as to what happened since we haven't seen a redirect ever since. And why wouldn't a townie claim that they were redirected if there was a scum!redirector? No reason. I think the redirector is a redherring and that scum instead have a far more powerful role that we don't know of.

If my theory is correct, which I'd like to believe it is, then there is no problem with the alternative I suggested. It's not that I don't think your idea is bad Prims, and we're working towards the same goal in reality, but I just think that the alternative I've provided is less risky and will still obtain us the results we desire.

But remember, Haze was perfectly willing to use his mass!LR last Day when mostly everyone left was not vanilla/passive. It was Prims who told him not to. So I'm thinking they're either both innocent or both scum.

About the dayvig ability, it depends if the redirecting ability is a LR, a Martyr, or just someone who deflects abilities used on themself. If it's the last one, they can't do anything unless that person is given the dayvig ability, and if it's the Martyr, they'll have to guess who Subieko targets, meaning they've got like a 1/4 or 1/5 chance of stopping it. If it's the LR, then we'll be screwed though. I'm inclined to think it's not a LR though, because Marth was a LR and the same role on both sides is kinda bleh. Of course, both Strawman and nano were Fullcops, so meh.

Basically: scum RBs Manix then redirects Subi to scum for a FREE DAYVIG SHOT and probably a win.

Actually, this is a good point. Which we completely forgot about the redirector.

Soz Helios, we need to use the mass!LR tonight. It's the only way we can determine anything.

Also, I really think that Subi is scum and that we should just lynch her tomorrow instead of trying to play the rolegame, but. <_<

Agreed, but it's best to be certain. Keep in mind that there's a possibility we'll be at MYLO tomorrow so we should probably know as much as possible before we lynch someone. Remember how obvscum Marth looked D2? He ended up flipping town lol.

Helios has a point though. That might have been what happened. However, if Eclipse had been redirected to Scorri, why the hell didn't she out her Watcher results on the night of Scorri's death after it became obvious what she was?

If eclipse was redir'd to scorri then she should have known who killed scorri.

but she was Third Party, so she'd have reason not to claim that i guess. fuckin' selfish ITPs man

should probably ISO her posts in case she crumbed it anywhere

also: I put high doubts on scorri using the random part of her role before she died; and I doubt she would have targeted Clipsey.

also, why u forget about idling

manix, you do realize that ability was martyr, not reverse martyr (what marth had), right

she just would've had to target eclipse's target

Eclipse was a third party and had no reason to out her results. She's pretty cautious like that after all so based on her playstyle it would make sense. Paper was pretty suspicious of her too before he left the game and it looked like Eclipse wasn't helping town all that much anyway. Maybe she breadcrumbed who did it in thread or planned on SMSing someone about it D3? I'm not entirely certain tbh. Can anyone else think of anything?

Okay, I think it's time for me to admit that I am really confused by all the plans being discussed right now...I need to reread them another time, I guess. Prims and Manix seem pretty obvtown to me, so you two tell me which of Scorri's abilities you want me to use and I'll use it.