Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's hard to answer because i can't tell what you're asking???

If you're asking how hard I'd stick up for his lynch... not at all today, really. Marth needs to be today's lynch. One (1) of (Strawman, Blitz) is tonight's vig target. I brought up Blitz to (A) make my opinions clear and (B) give him some incentive to tell us what the hell he's been thinking this whole time.

Got this PM:

post this:

I said:

Night 1 - Asking "Is

You are peerless in combat, with the limitless Noble Phantasms afforded you through Gate of Babylon. However your fatal flaw is hubris, so despite this you are still easily killed. However, when it is apparant that you are about to die you will fight back with everything you have. If killed at night, you will kill the person who attacked you. If lynched during the day, you will kill one random USER who voted for your lynch.

BigBangMeteor's role?"

Ether said:

Yes

can't ask about alignment

1 word answers

give me questions to ask

better info roles target unclaimed users

can't ask:

name of scum

role of scum

who killed scorri

# of scum voting

not giving name or would post myself

Also Elieson is the silencer as he visited P.Blade Night 1.

Also also kohaku if you read this ask how many scum there are.

Post this or be day vigged.

If this dude is actually a dayvig then he should be shooting Marth, but whatever.

I have no idea how he found out Elieson is the Silencer if he's a question asker and already asked a N1 question. <_< But uh. Elie may want to claim.

So whoever sent that message must have got the dayvig shot from scorri, I would assume. Maybe.

It definitely sounds like Blitz though. hmmm

Yeah, after checking out some Last Online Times I personally would not trust the source of that SMS at all. <_< The SMS sender would have to be a WATCHER QUESTION ASKER DAYVIG for the SMS content to make sense, so "Post this or get dayvigged" is a totally empty threat, unlike Paperblade's more logical threat of "post this or I will get you lynched".

So Elie, if you're reading about this, nevermind about claiming.

Oh shit I forgot about scorri's role.

That complicates things.

The SMS is still bullshit. If you're the dayvig and Elie is the silencer, why didn't you just shoot him?

In fact, I find it very, very, likely Marth sent that SMS to be intimidating. Blitz hasn't been online since like 6 AM or so.

Can we lynch Marth already?

For the record, I tend not to trust magical sky SMSes. Especially not when the typing sounds like Marth or Blitz.

Im pretty sure I'm not stupid enough to openly claim LR and then claim to be dayvig secretly.

Sorry I have another pm that I can send you. I don't send such pms, especially when I have no idea how something like that was sent.

And why are you in such a rush? You know I'm gonna be lynched this phase anyway, why not just ask others to talk more?

Straw for also lurkscum

empty promise much? that was about 28 hours ago. He has made one post since then. Not looking good.

Hm, I did try, but when I got back like no one was posting and I didn't have anything to talk about. Then I went to sleep and today I haven't had a chance to get on here yet.

Also, I don't understand that message. Is whoever it is all a question asker, a watcher/tracker, and a day vig at the same time? Or have they just been communicating with people.

Votals:

Marth (4): Manix, Paperblade, Haze, Prims (L-4)

Elieson (3): Subieko, Elieson, BigBangMeteor

Subieko (1): Marth

Helios (1): Blitz

Not Voting: eclipse, Helios, Iris, nano, Strawman

We probably have a couple scum in the Not Voting section, because that's typical when the majority of the town isn't doing anything worth nothing. The day's winding down to 24 hours left. If you're not voting anybody yet, do it. Elieson needs to get his vote off himself as well.

Elieson needs to start playing the day game instead of the night game. That said, given that SF tends to gravitate toward role speculation when it isn't necessary (see ICBINSFMM2 D2) it's a trap I can see a townie fall into, especially given his previous experience with Mafia. Elie, who do you think is scum based off their in-thread behavior? Also, I'm pretty sure that if you are town, you don't think you're the scum here, so move your vote.

Subieko has just sort of brushed off all the flak Marth has been receiving. She was on Marth N1 but it looks like she just ended up dropping him overnight. Why's Elieson a better target? I get a bad feeling about the Elieson wagon overall. Reminds me of Shinori in Golden Sun, weaker player who doesn't know the consequences of outing roles and draws ire for a misled attempt to help. That said, I'm not interested in lynching Subieko today either. Marth needs to be the lynch for today after his late D1 performance.

##Unvote EliesonOk, I think I got my point across. I certainly agree that Marth is a better lynch target, and my thoughts have nothing to do even with his stupid scumslip.

His recent postings sound like he just wants to get himself lynched, but he's not really giving us any reason not to. It's almost eerie, that he's so calm about just wanting to be lynched at this point. The lack of any form of purpose to these posts is just suspicious. If you're town, try to show it. Bring something to the table, do something, defend yourself. You're doing none of that, and that's why I'm doing this.See Here for recent references as to Marth's lax attitude towards his own "Mislynching": http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32983&view=findpost&p=2012887http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32983&view=findpost&p=2013117http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32983&view=findpost&p=2013160

##Vote Marth

Got this PM:

If this dude is actually a dayvig then he should be shooting Marth, but whatever.

I have no idea how he found out Elieson is the Silencer if he's a question asker and already asked a N1 question. <_< But uh. Elie may want to claim.

I'm certainly not the Silencer. I was in the XXXXXX:FFDH Mafia, and I'm pleased to say that I'm not the silencer in this game. If I need to claim, well I gue....nvm, see below.

Yeah, after checking out some Last Online Times I personally would not trust the source of that SMS at all. <_< The SMS sender would have to be a WATCHER QUESTION ASKER DAYVIG for the SMS content to make sense, so "Post this or get dayvigged" is a totally empty threat, unlike Paperblade's more logical threat of "post this or I will get you lynched".

So Elie, if you're reading about this, nevermind about claiming.

That SMS does sound ridiculously pushy and full of innaccuracies. I do agree that Paperbrad's sounded at least more nonsensical, and based on the format, it's safe to assume that it isn't a second SMS from him.

[spoiler=That PM that Prims Got]Got this PM:

post this:

I said:

Night 1 - Asking "Is

You are peerless in combat, with the limitless Noble Phantasms afforded you through Gate of Babylon. However your fatal flaw is hubris, so despite this you are still easily killed. However, when it is apparant that you are about to die you will fight back with everything you have. If killed at night, you will kill the person who attacked you. If lynched during the day, you will kill one random USER who voted for your lynch.

BigBangMeteor's role?"

Ether said:

Yes

can't ask about alignment

1 word answers

give me questions to ask

better info roles target unclaimed users

can't ask:

name of scum

role of scum

who killed scorri

# of scum voting

not giving name or would post myself

Also Elieson is the silencer as he visited P.Blade Night 1.

Also also kohaku if you read this ask how many scum there are.

Post this or be day vigged.

The last 4 lines in this, interpreted by me.Vague, and open threat because of secrecy.Only a Watcher (or someone allied with a Watcher) could even claim possibly knowing anything about visits.Don't know who "kohaku" is, and I don't know how he would be able to tell you how many scum there are (unless I'm missing something here)Only a Day-vig (or someone allied with a Day-vig) could threaten like that.And apparently, Ether said that's BBM's role. Why Ether would confirm that information as a host seems rather strange to me.

So we have a Day-vig Watcher? That's a ridiculous role. Or a team with a Watcher and a Day-vig on it (and a Silencer, I could assume, since Paperbrad). From my perspective, I'm thinking it's just a msg sent by someone (I'm assuming scum) to push harder at lynching me. That whole PM looks like a scum PM to me.I'm gonna reread this thread from the beginning of D1, like Eclipse suggested (and also give Schoolgirl Mafia the once over I like the Angel Beats character theme btw), so I should have some more to offer.

But I stand on my position on Marth. I'd rather see the day phase last longer, but I don't have a single objection to lynching Marth right now, above all others anyway.

Woah, horrible formatting in there. Please excuse the bad codes and stuff.

And, I'm referring to 3 of the 4 posts before this one that Marth made. It didn't really show up for some odd reason.

I'm not set on that sent message, tbh. Question Asker could easily be a scum role, particularly in this set up given that we have a PGO and a bomb (which this message apparently confirms), just so mafia can "scan" claims to ensure they don't that themselves killed by such roles. It seems a more likely role than say, rolecop, because otherwise the game is likely to skew in town's favour.

This also give a high implication (given the above), that there is likely a scum!watcher as well, which means, as well as silencer and redirecter, gives the entire scum team's roles (assuming 4). Now the question is: Who has them?

If the person sending the message was town, and that Elieson really was silencer, then they should have just shot him outright instead of fluffing around it, assuming they had the dayvig shot. I think they didn't because they are lying about that part.

Kohaku the character is a druggie rape victim maid whose stage theme sounds like Max 300 in Melty Blood where she's cool and turns into a witch and throws exploding shit. I dunno, I don't remember anything about Tsukihime.

Thought he was that whiny little brother from Inuyasha

Seriously though, I'm rereading, and after seeing some of Scoori's posts (and busting through some of Schoolgirl Mafia), I feel like what I was doing emulated her, and I'm just setting myself up for trouble. Notably This post right here, that I now think I have been acting like

Still, no stance on 3rd party activity, if it exists, but obviously we can't get any major headway right now, so we'll just have to worry about it later, keeping it in the back of our heads now that their possible existence is public.

And on that note, I'm going back to phone browsing, and possibly to sleep. I'll lurk/post as best as I can, and i'll be awake in about 6 hrs.

I don't really know on what to say

last Thursday I was hardly getting anything on what is going on, and now it makes even less sense

can someone give me a summary on the things that are going on?

pretty please

##Unvote EliesonOk, I think I got my point across. I certainly agree that Marth is a better lynch target, and my thoughts have nothing to do even with his stupid scumslip.

His recent postings sound like he just wants to get himself lynched, but he's not really giving us any reason not to. It's almost eerie, that he's so calm about just wanting to be lynched at this point. The lack of any form of purpose to these posts is just suspicious. If you're town, try to show it. Bring something to the table, do something, defend yourself. You're doing none of that, and that's why I'm doing this.See Here for recent references as to Marth's lax attitude towards his own "Mislynching": [/size]http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2012887http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2013117http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2013160 ##Vote Marth

I was pretty sure town would gain info from my lynch,unlike in D1. For starters it undoubtedly throws suspicion on people like you, who at first just jumped on me(lol scorri is the leader of the marthwagon) or Subieko, who just backed off me overnight. I did try to do something, but if its not helping me, then there's no point trying to defend any further. I might as well get lynched, you people can probably pick out scum from there. I dislike getting vigged because it wastes bullets, and if I'm left alive in the later phases its still going to be the same reasons against me, things will move on slower. The least I can do is draw out more people to post, expect scumslips, which is what I'm trying to do. My ' scumslip' makes me look a lot worse, no doubt, and I insist that I mistyped it, but think what you will.

Anyway, this new sms that has been quoted brings up all sorts of possibilities. Let's start with:

What if the question asker and watcher are scum, as Manix speculates?

Clearly I'm not part of the scum team. Why? I have no reason to fakeclaim lightning rod when I can just claim question asker or watcher, which are pretty strong roles and can make me look sorta townish. Its foolish if I'm the redirector because I was roleblocked last night- I even sent Haze the full pm and flavor, although I wonder what he thinks of it. That leaves the kidnapper: and that is the only role that makes the most sense for me to be if I was scum. However I'll say it again- I was roleblocked last night, and the silence shouldn't have gone through. Unless you all believe that I've faked my roleblock in fact, this implies I'm not scum. Of course, let's assume there are 5 mafia. 2 redirect roles? Seems unlikely. There's a chance BBM is in fact mafia as well.

What if the question asker and watcher are town?

Elieson pretty much looks like scum, because he jumped on me earlier in D2 for funny reasons. Scorri dying shifts focus off of me? Leader of the Marthwagon? Gimme a break. A Manix/Paper kill made more sense. He also has asked weird questions in terms of roles, I'm not going to elaborate on that. Also eclipse suggested that they could've kidnapped Paper for prodding me, but honestly eclipse, doesn't that look like I'm being framed? Would the mafia actually risk doing such a thing, because I'm pretty sure that'd incriminate me even more. Mafia would not buss their teammates early, you know that's a disadvantage. Also GSM is a bad source in terms of metagaming- I was new and had no idea how to play mafia. In haphazard I didn't do silly things and tried to follow Shinori, that didn't turn out well though. (granted, my fakeclaim to Blitz was horrible) Oh yeah, Prims, stop grasping by saying I sent you that message to look intimidating, your earlier reasons were good enough.

What if one is town and the other is mafia?(highly unlikely, but coule be possible)

Well if the watcher is scum, then Elieson is being picked on for no reason, period. If the question asker is mafia, then Elieson is most likely scum once again, why he hasn't dayvigged Elieson is beyond me, but then again, why I wasn't vigged N1 is questionable as well. Also, BBM could be mafia.

1. scum watcher and question asker wouldn't be claimed if they were your buddies who could potentially die before you and make you look bad, and either one could just be a lie to make elie look awful or alter our perception of bbm. elie, if you're comfortable answering, did you target paperblade last night?

2. if the dude who sent that PM was a Trustworthy Townie he would have vigshot Elieson by now

blitz you only missed two to three 30ppp pages don't be a wimp

Ring ring.

This is Emiya Shirou. If you value your life, post this message in the thread as soon as you finished reading it.

Tohno Shiki and I are both hidden players. You cannot target us or lynch us. Each of us can target one player per night and turn them into a fan. This does not affect you at all, nor will it in the future. Our win con is to surpass each other in the amount of fans we have at the end of the game.

Do not bother looking for us unless you want to lose more quickly.

This makes a lot of sense if we think about the messages previously shown.

oh crap

just checked the rules actually

they say nothing about hidden players

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

right, okay then

I somehow doubt the whole "it won't affect you in the future", but hey