Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

Who did she claim to? I don't see her claim posted in the thread.

Also this thread is really quiet today. I'm going to do read a few people's posts in iso and then post thoughts.

I believe it was Manix, but I was just going on what he said. May have been Elieson, can't remember.

Anyway I suppose that isn't much reasoning to go on, so ##Unvote, Vote Nano based on what Subieko said.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Votals because I can:

Psych (0): Helios

Subieko (1): Haze, Manix, Psych

Nano (4) (L-1!): Subieko, Helios, BBM, Psych

Iris (1): Manix, Psych

yeah, nano is at L-1, hammered if Prims has moved his vote there. Just saying. Iunno if I want the hammer just yet, because I think it might be good if nano could actually get here to defend himself.

Psych (0): Helios

Subieko (2): Haze, Manix, Psych, Prims

Nano (4): Subieko, Helios, Prims, BBM, Psych (L-1)

Iris (1): Manix, Psych

Current Votals with everyone's favorite no-show thrown in.

GUYS GUYS GUYS I GOT A 100 ON MY FIRST EXAM, AND PROBABLY GOT AN A ON THE SECOND. :D

but sadly, six more exams to go ): all nighter study time go

Dear Iris, you are Aozaki Aoko

Aoko_mbaa.png

You are the younger sister of Aozaki Touko, as well as head of the Aozaki family.

Although you have only an average number of Magic Circuits and prana capacity, your talent in prana utilization is a hundred times more efficient than the average magus, letting you cast many spells with little energy. However, you fear that your spells will become destructive if you continue to use them, and as such, will only use each one once.

-During the night you may reply "Night X - Cast aid on <USER>". You will cast a spell on <USER> to strengthen them, causing their vote to count double during the next phase.

-During the night you may reply "Night X - Cast negate on <USER>". You will cast a spell to weaken your target, causing them to lose their vote for the next phase.

-During the night, you may reply "Night X - Making <USER1> dream about <USER2>". You will cast a spell on USER1, and in a dream, they will obsess over USER2 for the next day. USER1 will have to mention USER2 in all of their posts, and cannot place a vote for anyone other than USER2.

You are allied with the Town. You win if all all threats to the Town are eliminated.

NIGHT ACTIONS:

N0: Idling

N1: Cast aid on Iris

N2: Cast negate on Strawman.

Yeah, when I saw Strawman dead I was like "that's great, but now I wasted my role" ): And Ether confirmed to me that I could self target for the first two; I can still use my persuade, which I probably will, to prove my role.

If Manix says that Subieko is probably townish because of her role, then fine, I'm okay with lynching nano, next scummiest on my list. Obviously we still have a little over another day, and we should wait for her to claim.

Okay, cool claim. But I have one problem with it: Proving persuade doesn't necessarily clear you as town. scum!persuaders have existed before (see Schoolgirl mafia).

We need the claims from the other three (Helios, nano and Psych). I know Paper claimed, but he left out a part of his role PM. I'm not sure why. recall that he claimed Question Asker and another unknown part of his role PM. Psych is not cleared, in the slightest. We can assume that, but it doesn't mean it is true. I'd like to ask Psych to out his question from N2 (if applicable), and full claim in thread. Also, just because he was kidnapped also doesn't clear him as town either.

I'm fine with lynching nano, and then Prims can figure out what is going on with Helios' claim. But wait until nano defends himself. Nano, if you need to, claim in thread.

This is why I wanted to claim to Manix, so someone can actually come to defend me...

I don't have time to make a big post for now as I'm leaving in two minutes. I'll come back with some sound arguments.

yep

read this Psych, that's what he removed. at the top.

also, the people that posted on page 52 are the people you said earlier. right. that's not actually too useful.

And what did he remove Elie? That's what I have in my PM.

Ah, I see. How many more pages do you have to read?

He excluded parts of your role PM. Just quote the whole thing.

I'm Manix, you silly

"As Hisui, you are a diligent cleaner. During the night, you may reply <NOT TELLING YOU THIS PART>"

is what he said. I want to know what he didn't tell us.

Her posts feel like noob!scum using newness as an excuse not to have opinions and therefore not get anyone suspicious of her.

I don't see why trying to get suspicions off me is a bad thing. As I have previously mentioned, I wish to have suspicions off me because I'm a townie and I do not want other townies to waste their attention, possibly even a day lynch, on me.

I'll admit that I tried to use my newness here. I don't see how that is questionable either since, after all, it's true. I'm not pretending to be new or confused, which would bring about questions onto my motives. I am genuinely new.

Looking for sympathy and also making excuses for not having opinions. Playing the noob card, basically.

It's not 'playing a card' if you are actually a noob. I'm not some kind of poker player here with mind tricks up my sleeves, I'm just being honest. You shouldn't try to tint "noob" into a negative bias.

This in particular strikes me as a very odd question for a newbie to ask. Why do you want to know how to protect someone who's killing the PGO?

Why can't I ask? If I am indeed a part of the mafia, why ask this in the open instead of just asking my mafia allies, some of which probably know the answer? I have more than enough noobish posts if I just want to act noobish, I do not need to risk asking this question at all.

Admittedly when I ask this I didn't really think that this would make me look scummy. It's just a genuine question.

This was about Paper being silenced, and was posted before Eclipse said she was redirected. Strikes me as odd that Nano suspected the existence of a redirector so early on.

I included reasoning, good job emitting it in your post to make me look bad.

No one was silenced on N0, so the silencer obviously is not doing this out of random. It's a little weird to silence paperblade of all people though, since the extra vote probably won't matter much anyway and if he has important info to share he can always get them off through messages. I would guess that there is some sort of redirect and shifted the silence to him.

My reasoning is a bit off on the silence part. I mean, I would expect a mafia silence to target more obvious townies and a town silence to target more scummy looking people. Maybe the town silencer got some info? In that case paper is a little suspicious.

But this is merely echoing what Eclipse already said and brings nothing new to the discussion. It's another empty post masquerading as an opinion. Not to mention that this post was made in response to Prims asking for opinions about the other players. This is a truly epic refusal to have actual opinions.

This is all justifiable if I'm being actually honest. And honestly I do not any solid opinions to share. Other posts you conveniently omitted:

I don't have anything new to add, as mentioned earlier. I'm also not convinced enough about any of the lynch targets as of yet.

Am I supposed to vote every time just so I don't look scummy? That makes little sense to me. :/

It's just my personality I guess. I'm a careful kind of person, so I don't like to vote unless I'm more certain. If you read my comments some of the opinions are from D1, some from N1 and some from D2, so I'm just slowly gathering more 'proof' for myself.

Following the leader with the player Prims had just said was suspicious. Also, note again the refusal to explain the vote or offer any further opinions.

Okay, so voting with the town leader is suspicious.

I also provided reasoning (though not very good, which I also admitted to), which you once again omitted:

My reasoning is that everyone who is active looks town-ish to me.

There are probably still 4 or so mafias left, and since most people look townish I have to suspect the less active players.

I feel like you are deliberately picking off my posts to make me look bad, which really brings into question your motives.

##Vote: Subieko

nano, if you still have any PMs left, you can claim to me. I think most people find me town.

I'll consider that, thanks. I'll probably hold it off for now and only do it if I have to. You feel town-ish to me, but I can't really be sure.

Oh geez, I was just in traffic for several hours DX. Sorry if this post sounds a bit cranky.

Nano, I omitted the post with your 'reasoning' about the redirector because it didn't look like reasoning to me. You literally said 'Paper is a weird target for a silencer, therefore there is a redirector'. To me, that came out of completely nowhere and suggests you had some advance knowledge of the redirector.

Pride was a noob and so am I. Neither of us refused to post opinions. Pride was cautious too, but when prompted he attempted to figure things out and made some meaningful votes. If you were posting opinions and thoughts that seemed newbish that would be much less suspicious to me than post of after post of refusing to state any opinions.

Also, your vote looks like an OMGUS to me (voting for someone because they voted/attacked you). Please post some thoughts about what's happening now--what do you think about Iris' claim? You say BBM seems Townish--what's your reasoning on that? If he's Town, why won't you claim to him? If he's not Town enough to claim to, why not? I want some insight into what you're thinking.

Sheeping the Town leader, as with your vote on Strawman, is scummy because it is extremely safe and doesn't require you to produce any reasoning of your own. Also, if you provided some explanation for that vote please tell me which post it was in, because I did not find it while reading your posts in iso.

Now on other stuff: I wonder why Paper omitted the Announcer part of his role? Especially since he never even used it.

wrt Iris' claim: Manix is right that there are both scum Persuaders and Town Persuaders, but the fact that Iris actually claimed Persuader makes me see her as a bit more Townish for that very reason: claiming Persuader as scum seems like a pretty dumb idea, since it's not a super-Townish role. I would like her to post some opinions on what's happened today so far as well, though, because my reads on her are not very strong at the moment. Claiming is not an excuse not to post.

Paper likely omitted the Announcer portion of his role because it wasn't necessary to reveal. And Iris's claim being a bad fakeclaim for a mafia member to make doesn't necessarily make them townie. See me, Shining Force Mafia.

Paper likely omitted the Announcer portion of his role because it wasn't necessary to reveal. And Iris's claim being a bad fakeclaim for a mafia member to make doesn't necessarily make them townie. See me, Shining Force Mafia.

I suppose it makes sense to keep as much info as possible.

Hm, that's true. I suppose Iris is still just a neutral read until she gets in here and posts some opinions. I would like to see her prove her claim as well.

The thread is so quiet today. Phase ends tomorrow at noon, that's only 19 hours. We need more discussion happening here.

Nano, I omitted the post with your 'reasoning' about the redirector because it didn't look like reasoning to me. You literally said 'Paper is a weird target for a silencer, therefore there is a redirector'. To me, that came out of completely nowhere and suggests you had some advance knowledge of the redirector.

Maybe it's that my views on paper were different from everyone elses? He didn't strike me as particularly town-ish on day 1 and I just thought it was odd that he would get targeted. I don't see why a redirector assumption is out-of-nowhere. It's one of the basic (and therefore more common) roles in mafia when I read up on mafia wikis and as such I figured that there might be one. It would certainly explain the strange silencing target for me. Now if the silence was on scorri I would not have thought about redirectors.

Pride was a noob and so am I. Neither of us refused to post opinions. Pride was cautious too, but when prompted he attempted to figure things out and made some meaningful votes. If you were posting opinions and thoughts that seemed newbish that would be much less suspicious to me than post of after post of refusing to state any opinions.

If you read some of the later posts I did post opinions. They are just responded with facepalms though, which is discouraging.

Also, your vote looks like an OMGUS to me (voting for someone because they voted/attacked you). Please post some thoughts about what's happening now--what do you think about Iris' claim? You say BBM seems Townish--what's your reasoning on that? If he's Town, why won't you claim to him? If he's not Town enough to claim to, why not? I want some insight into what you're thinking.

That is not the case. I voted you because you were nickpicking my posts, ignoring anything that does not help your case. To me it seems like you searched through my posts with a purpose already in mind: to find evidence to get me lynched. Take the redirector quote for example. You quoted the second half of my paragraph, omitting both the first half as well as the next paragraph, both are me providing reasoning. You say that they are not good reasoning to you, why didn't you mention that? Instead you just quote the line in isolation and makes it look like I got info out of nowhere. This kind of stuff really makes me question your motive behind the actions.

I won't counter-vote just because someone voted for me, you can check my history in the previous days. I got voted everyday, but only countered on the first day as kind of a joke.

Regarding BBM, I don't actually have any negative views on him as of now. His role is a bit similar to Haze, though I suppose it is plausible. I don't completely trust him because he hasn't given me a definitive town-ish feel either. He didn't attempt to lead discussions nor organize claims/lynches.

Regarding Iris, I'm not sure what to think of for now. She says she is willing to prove her role tonight, so I'm inclined to let her have that chance. If things turn out wrong we can always lynch her tomorrow.

Sheeping the Town leader, as with your vote on Strawman, is scummy because it is extremely safe and doesn't require you to produce any reasoning of your own. Also, if you provided some explanation for that vote please tell me which post it was in, because I did not find it while reading your posts in iso.

I quoted it, maybe you don't feel like it's good enough? What I thought was that most of the active people then looked town-ish, and even if one or two of them are actually very good mafia disguises there are definitely one or two more in the lurkers. There were way more active players than lurkers, so I figured that would give better odds. Straw hadn't done anything and was avoiding participation, so I thought he was suspicious.

I realised that that was a rather non-sensible reason to vote, and that is precisely why I didn't vote. I couldn't find any good reasons to vote anyone in particular. I voted Strawman because I was pressured to vote, and he was 'the giant of the dwarves', so to speak, of everyone in terms of scum suspects.

Maybe it's that my views on paper were different from everyone elses? He didn't strike me as particularly town-ish on day 1 and I just thought it was odd that he would get targeted. I don't see why a redirector assumption is out-of-nowhere. It's one of the basic (and therefore more common) roles in mafia when I read up on mafia wikis and as such I figured that there might be one. It would certainly explain the strange silencing target for me. Now if the silence was on scorri I would not have thought about redirectors.

My problem is not with your thoughts on Paper at the time, it's with the redirector comment. From what I've seen in other games, redirector is not a standard, see-it-every-game sort of role, and someone saying there's a redirector when there's been no evidence of one is strange. It makes me think you have info I don't. The fact that your next post backpeddled from this (you said your reasoning was wrong and then concluded that the silencer was town and had info on Paper) suggests to me that you realized you slipped up.

If you read some of the later posts I did post opinions. They are just responded with facepalms though, which is discouraging.

But the opinions you post generally just echo what others have already said. Again, the problem here is that this has been a repeated thing: when the majority of your opinions are nothing but echoing, that is quite scummy.

That is not the case. I voted you because you were nickpicking my posts, ignoring anything that does not help your case. To me it seems like you searched through my posts with a purpose already in mind: to find evidence to get me lynched. Take the redirector quote for example. You quoted the second half of my paragraph, omitting both the first half as well as the next paragraph, both are me providing reasoning. You say that they are not good reasoning to you, why didn't you mention that? Instead you just quote the line in isolation and makes it look like I got info out of nowhere. This kind of stuff really makes me question your motive behind the actions.

I generally try to quote whatever I'm specifically talking about and I try to avoid making my posts stupidly giant (not that I always succeed). I did indeed search your posts for a purpose: as I said in my original post, in order to start some discussion I post-searched the bottom four people on BBM's scum list and posted my thoughts about them. I continued to find you the most suspicious, and went on to explain why using examples from your posts. The reasoning you keep pointing does not explain the redirector comment, which is what I was specifically talking about.

I won't counter-vote just because someone voted for me, you can check my history in the previous days. I got voted everyday, but only countered on the first day as kind of a joke.

Up to this point, aside from your first jokevote, you have voted on a bandwagon with not much reasoning (Marth vote), sheeped the Town leader with not much reasoning (Straw), and voted me because I'm examining your posts and saying they're scummy. Your voting history is pretty scummy at this point.

Regarding BBM, I don't actually have any negative views on him as of now. His role is a bit similar to Haze, though I suppose it is plausible. I don't completely trust him because he hasn't given me a definitive town-ish feel either. He didn't attempt to lead discussions nor organize claims/lynches.

This reasoning doesn't sit well with me because again, you're not committing to an opinion. Read back through BBM's posts, and see what reads you get.

Regarding Iris, I'm not sure what to think of for now. She says she is willing to prove her role tonight, so I'm inclined to let her have that chance. If things turn out wrong we can always lynch her tomorrow.

Fair enough, I'd like to see her prove her role as well.

I quoted it, maybe you don't feel like it's good enough? What I thought was that most of the active people then looked town-ish, and even if one or two of them are actually very good mafia disguises there are definitely one or two more in the lurkers. There were way more active players than lurkers, so I figured that would give better odds. Straw hadn't done anything and was avoiding participation, so I thought he was suspicious.

That quote was the reasoning? It never occurred to me that quote had been an explanation for your vote on Strawman, because it doesn't explain why he was scummier than any of the other lurkers, including you. In fact, it doesn't mention Strawman at all. If you were suspicious of Strawman, why didn't you say anything about him earlier in the day? You voted Strawman only after I prompted you to place a vote at all, without having had any prior suspicions of him. And then you explained your vote without ever mentioning Strawman or what made him in particular so scummy. This looks to me like sheeping on Prims and then struggling to find a reason for it.