Who's your favorite Fire Emblem Main Character

I would except that Skrimir isn't a main character, unlike the fabulous Rickard.

Considering that Skrimir is in most of the dialogue scenes in Part Three, I'd say that qualifies him as a main character.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that Skrimir is in most of the dialogue scenes in Part Three, I'd say that qualifies him as a main character.

That's not what a main character is... by definition there is only one protagonist. Rickard is the protagonist of BSFE Chapter 3, but Skrimir isn't the protagonist of anything.

That's not what a main character is... by definition there is only one protagonist. Rickard is the protagonist of BSFE Chapter 3, but Skrimir isn't the protagonist of anything.

Weren't you whining on IRC about people whining about definitions? The idea of the protagonist always being the same as the main character, and there being only one, is most strongly a characteristic of Greek theater. If you can have BSFE ch 3 have a main character, than Skirmir can be the main character of Part 3 prologue, or of the chapter where he fights Zelgius.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

You can have more than one main character in a video game/TV show/film...

These are the only main characters in Fire Emblem:

Marth

Alm

Cellica

Sigurd

Celice

Leaf

Roy

Eliwood

Lyn

Hector

Eirika

Ephraim

Ike

Micaiah

Krom

This is the only authority on Fire Emblem:

I dunno who he is but he's not Crash

These are the only main characters in Fire Emblem:

Marth

Alm

Cellica

Sigurd

Celice

Leaf

Roy

Eliwood

Lyn

Hector

Eirika

Ephraim

Ike

Micaiah

Krom

Actually, that can be further condensed to:

Marth

Alm

Celice

Leaf

Roy

Eliwood

Eirika

Ike

Krom

Actually, that can be further condensed to:

Marth

Alm

Celice

Leaf

Roy

Eliwood

Eirika

Ike

Krom

Fair enough, I was just including all the Lords. ...Except Lucina for some reason, but apparently she can die anyway.

Ike's my favorite FE lord. I just find him more likable or interesting than the other FE lords from the FEs I've played (which, for the record, is FE 7-11, I don't know much about the lords before or after those games). Eliwood is a second favorite FE lord, but he (and Eirika) felt kind of generic: kindhearted noble who detests fighting but does what s/he must to protect his/her country. Hector and Ephraim, I didn't like that much. They also felt generic in the opposite way: brash and loud noble who has a kind heart underneath, but detests being royalty and would rather be a mercenary/fighter. Lyn kind of bugged me a little, because for her kindness she seemed a little self-centered. Ike, on the other hand, isn't a noble and dislikes them. But he seems to only dislike nobility and royalty who give him a reason to dislike them. He's honest and treats his companions as equals, and he just seems to have more conviction.

Plus Ike is well strong, innit?

? Well, yeah, but I was speaking of merely their personalities.

Weren't you whining on IRC about people whining about definitions?

It was on SF, and my main problem in that instance is that people were arguing that some definitions of the word "animal" were wrong. It's absurd to say that a definition is wrong. Competing definitions are not "right" or "wrong".

"Main Character" and "Protagonist" are not the same thing. Antagonists are also main characters. Also, in big, epic storylines it's possible to have more than one protagonist and have multiple main characters. Take Lord of The Rings for example.

That being said, my favorite main character will probably be Sothe, Micaiah, Ike, or Zephiel.

Florina.

...What do you mean she's not a main character? She ends up killing everyone in my playthroughs while Hectore, Eliwood, and Lyn are sitting back not doing anything.

She seems to have a lust for blood... >_>

"Main Character" and "Protagonist" are not the same thing. Antagonists are also main characters. Also, in big, epic storylines it's possible to have more than one protagonist and have multiple main characters. Take Lord of The Rings for example.

then why is it that when I type main character into google the first result is the wikipedia page for Protagonist

google would never lie to me

then why is it that when I type main character into google the first result is the wikipedia page for Protagonist

Different mediums and different types of stories have different rules for main characters. For example, Aragorn and Frodo both fit the role of main character. Gandalf could probably be thrown in there too.

I would argue that Fire Emblem works the same.

The terms protagonist and main character are variously defined and, depending on the source, may denote different concepts.

From the second paragraph of said article dur hur hur.

Florina.

...What do you mean she's not a main character? She ends up killing everyone in my playthroughs while Hectore, Eliwood, and Lyn are sitting back not doing anything.

She seems to have a lust for blood... >_>

Florina=Break game in half.

Different mediums and different types of stories have different rules for main characters. For example, Aragorn and Frodo both fit the role of main character. Gandalf could probably be thrown in there too.

I would argue that Fire Emblem works the same.

well sure. different characters are the main character at different times. so, for example, Ike is the main character in Part 3. And Micaiah is the main character in Part 1. And Rickard is the main character in BSFE Chapter 3. Skrimir is never the main character.

Leaf. He's not perfect, he's pretty emotional and he gets pushed around by August and Dorias, but still, he's a hero!

This. Also defining 'main character' to here mean 'lord', so second and third would be Sigurd and Ephraim.