How difficult is Awakening?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even remotely close how much better Sorcerers are than other classes in FE13; in fact, they're far and away the best class in Fire Emblem history. The reason? They cannot die. They cannot die. Once you get a Sorcerer!MU, the only chapter that can't be essentially soloed- even on Lunatic- is Final.

The funny thing is that I was planning on having my MU go Dark Mage -> Sorcerer -> Dark Knight before this thread was even created... (looks like that was a good choice on my part)

Hey are there any OP skills in this game ?

Lightning Speed and Rainbow Cry are the main ones.

The former is the Dark Pegasus LV15 skill, and once per turn it refreshes the character if they score a kill on the player phase. The latter is the Grandmaster LV15 skill, and allows the character to spend their turn to give +4 to all stats to all characters within three squares at the time of using the skill. It functions as most of the other Cry skills combined, and can even stack with them.

Life Absorb isn't mentioned? 50% HP back from killing someone. That's crazy!

From what I can tell, health regeneration on the enemy phase is far more important, which is what makes Nosferatu such a powerful tool. Sol seems more useful than Life Absorb, albeit not nearly as reliable.Though you could probably get it up to a 50% chance on a Grandmaster MU, which is decent.

Edited by Onestep

After reading this entire thread, seeing the word essential coupled with "Nosferatu" or "Nosfertanking" worries me. As much as I love Nosferatu(Or any life-draining spell/magic/skill in any game), I would rather exercise the liberty to tackle Lunatic(+) with original ideas. I plan on using several characters(perhaps a "tiny team" as I saw it referred to), but I don't plan on making them heavily based on the Sorc class. Though I may use the class simply because I like it, and not because they're overpowered or broken.

I mean, I understand that it seems like this is the best(or safest, arguably) way to tackle the harder difficulties... But from a personal perspective, I'm much more interested in trying these difficulties and such out with skillsets, characters, etc. that I actually like and enjoy using. Then again, this is more of a theme vs. ease of use issue. I tend to love going for thematic or aesthetic appeals or strategies before "lolwinbutton" approaches.

The way I see it, as some mentioned before... If you truly enoy playing a certain way(i.e. RNG abuse, grinding, skirmishes, DLC, etc.), then play the game that way. I don't really see why people feel the need to do the whole e-peen thing. =/ You solo'ed Chapter X with Y character and without using items in less than 5 turns? Cool, you must be one badass guy/gal. But no need to look down on others for the way they play.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I personally overabuse RNG level ups for my absolute favorite characters(Which is usually no more than one or two per game). But to be quite honest, being able to infinitely reclass in FE:A takes a lot of worry off of my mind when it comes to leveling characters. I like Fire Emblem enough to where I wouldn't mind grinding skirmishes endlessly. I hate seeing my favorite characters(Matthew and Gilliam were the worst for me, and I loved them both) constantly get screwed by the RNG, but I also feel guilty when I feel the need to play with it a little in order to make them viable. I have noticed Brady's growth's are less than stellar, even with MU as a parent. At the end of the day, I really like them, and want to see them perform viably on the battlefield, so I don't mind putting in that extra effort(Or cheapness, if you see it that way) to make sure they aren't absolutely terrible. The same will go for Brady, or any other character(s) I really like.

On topic, though... I think, given the endless amount of skill combos, the difficulty is going to largely be determined by the player's class choices, RNG, tactics, and possibly luck with random enemy skillspreads on harder difficulties. But of course, this is also just speculation on my part, as well as a heaping serving of "Can't we all just get along?"

:P:

Edited by Xjezhekiir

From what I can tell, health regeneration on the enemy phase is far more important, which is what makes Nosferatu such a powerful tool. Sol seems more useful than Life Absorb, albeit not nearly as reliable.Though you could probably get it up to a 50% chance on a Grandmaster MU, which is decent.

Completely correct: HP-regen is much more valuable if done during the enemy phase. Especially since many chapters in the game have the objective of Rout, meaning that you'll need to lure in large chunks of enemies per turn if playing efficiently.

That's not to say Dark Knights aren't a good class; they're rather excellent, and Miriel having access to it from fairly early on is one of the reasons she's among the better units available.

After reading this entire thread, seeing the word essential coupled with "Nosferatu" or "Nosfertanking" worries me. As much as I love Nosferatu(Or any life-draining spell/magic/skill in any game), I would rather exercise the liberty to tackle Lunatic(+) with original ideas. I plan on using several characters(perhaps a "tiny team" as I saw it referred to), but I don't plan on making them heavily based on the Sorc class. Though I may use the class simply because I like it, and not because they're overpowered or broken.

I mean, I understand that it seems like this is the best(or safest, arguably) way to tackle the harder difficulties... But from a personal perspective, I'm much more interested in trying these difficulties and such out with skillsets, characters, etc. that I actually like and enjoy using. Then again, this is more of a theme vs. ease of use issue. I tend to love going for thematic or aesthetic appeals or strategies before "lolwinbutton" approaches.

I tend to type in hyperbole, so let me be as clear as possible regarding Nosferatu: it is in no way truly required to complete the game on Lunatic, but it makes the difficulty free fall from series-hardest to pitifully easy. To give this claim some context, the first five to six chapters of Lunatic took me about a dozen attempts each, and every move needed to be carefully calculated; throughout the entire midgame and lategame, I was a) throwing my MU Nosferatank into the middle of combat, and b) pressing start to skip every turn. No strategy needed.

That's not to say you can't or shouldn't limit yourself; I plan on trying to get through Lunatic+ without dark magic. But it's just something to be aware of.

Edited by Westbrick

I tend to type in hyperbole, so let me be as clear as possible regarding Nosferatu: it is in no way truly required to complete the game on Lunatic, but it makes the difficulty free fall from series-hardest to pitifully easy. To give this claim some context, the first five to six chapters of Lunatic took me about a dozen attempts each, and every move needed to be carefully calculated; throughout the entire midgame and lategame, I was a) throwing my MU Nosferatank into the middle of combat, and b) pressing start to skip every turn. No strategy needed.

That's not to say you can't or shouldn't limit yourself; I plan on trying to get through Lunatic+ without dark magic. But it's just something to be aware of.

I figured this was the case. It just seemed like there was a combination of people saying, "Well, I don't think Nosfertanking is absolutely necessary" vs. "You get raep'd if you don't lol"

This is good to hear as well. I plan on playing the crap out of the game, even after all of the difficulties are completed. So it'll be nice to take different approaches to everything. I like a balance. Sometimes I like a challenge, and other times I just like to sit down and absolutely dominate. So I may try a Sorc Nosferatu bonanza at some point.

Why is there no VS. Mode? I reeealy wanna team up with someone online or go against them live with my team rather than beating theirs with AI tactics. It would be cool if you could have LVD DLC scale battles against someone.

I thought the same exact thing, but I'll take what I can get. And teaming up dual-tag style is at least a step-up from not having multi at all.

I would love if they had a battle tower-esque system like the pokemon games have. Team up with a friend and take on the double battle tower! Would be awesome if they had a more extensive thing on that front.

Come to think of it... How is the enemy difficulty on Dual Tag determined in FE:A? Anyone know?

Edited by Xjezhekiir

Come to think of it... How is the enemy difficulty on Dual Tag determined in FE:A? Anyone know?

I haven't played it, but each battle has a difficulty rating of some number of stats, like DLC. I assume it's set based on that, with downloaded teams tending to be more difficult.