Shining Force Mafia

Psych

Rapier: I was saying that *if* it was a fakeclaim, the obvious result would be him dying if Shinori decided it would be a good idea to test his claim. And since, as shown yesterday, we didn't have a lot of major scum leads, the best option for Shinori to take was to test the fake claim. I voted for you because a) I found you more scummy, and b) there were enough people voting BBM to get a majority as it was. Now, looking back, if my head had been clearer I probably would have written a slightly better post, but as it was I was not in good shape and I did the best I could.

Beyond that, I'm looking at Marth for the vote buddying on Aere, and would like to here an explanation there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it wasn't a bad idea to test Aere's claim because, as we saw with BBM, people fakeclaim. It's part of the game no one is as honest as me.

I'm always wary of Rapier because as scummy as he may look at the beginning of the game, more often than not he's a scapegoat. I say we should actually keep him around a little bit longer to see if that changes over time. He had a pretty useful role in the last mafia game I played with him. I suppose it's up to Shinori though.

I'd also like to keep an eye on Proto, Blitz, Kay, Iris, and Lucina, since they seem to be the most forgettable players right now. I'd like to see more from them so I can develop a better opinion.

Also I think Marth has looked a little scummy so far based on his behavior this game. Not quite the same as his behavior in other games I've played with him.

Rapier: I was saying that *if* it was a fakeclaim, the obvious result would be him dying if Shinori decided it would be a good idea to test his claim. And since, as shown yesterday, we didn't have a lot of major scum leads, the best option for Shinori to take was to test the fake claim. I voted for you because a) I found you more scummy, and b) there were enough people voting BBM to get a majority as it was. Now, looking back, if my head had been clearer I probably would have written a slightly better post, but as it was I was not in good shape and I did the best I could.

Beyond that, I'm looking at Marth for the vote buddying on Aere, and would like to here an explanation there.

It would be his fault if he fakeclaimed as Town, not ours. Even if he had a good role, he would have told us his true role as soon as he was about to get hammered, because that's what you're supposed to do when you're Town and you have a powerful role and you're about to get lynched. You were being too protective towards him...

Also, would you tell me what's your thoughts about me? I mean, like, what do you see of scummy on me. I don't remember if you said it in your original post...

I uh... was not in any way trying to be protective of him. I just said I thought it was a stupid claim if it was fake. And that beyond that, from reading his posts, I was getting some scum vibes, but not as much as I was getting from you. I would have been fine with either lynch, but found you more scummy. So, I thought that I would make my opinion clear since I didn't see my vote changing the lynch very much.

As for my views on you:

Rapier: My main issue with Rapier is really that I feel like he's not trying to help contribute to the town at all. It seems like he's not really paying attention to what's been going on. At one point he says that the cop should check out Eli tonight. But, if he had looked at the thread, he would have seen that Eli has claimed PGO, in which case putting a cop on Eli is about the worst possible move the town could do. His one major contribution to the thread was attacking Bizz's playing style, which resulted in a nice long argument that didn't actually produce anything of use to the town, when giving out vibes on people he was very reluctant to actually commit to something, and then when listing scummy people, he listed Eli and Manix, and then turned around and voted BBM. He says he can't think of anything else and that he doesn't have time to scum hunt, but previously he had said that scum hunting was the most important thing to do in this game.

Please, read my posts as opposed to asking me to restate things I've already said.

Oh, right. I remember I was supposed to quote that post of yours, too.

Rapier: My main issue with Rapier is really that I feel like he's not trying to help contribute to the town at all. It seems like he's not really paying attention to what's been going on. At one point he says that the cop should check out Eli tonight. But, if he had looked at the thread, he would have seen that Eli has claimed PGO, in which case putting a cop on Eli is about the worst possible move the town could do.

That's true. I thought he was only joking because it was too soon, but it would still be a dangerous thing. I listed Manix too, by the way...

His one major contribution to the thread was attacking Bizz's playing style, which resulted in a nice long argument that didn't actually produce anything of use to the town, when giving out vibes on people he was very reluctant to actually commit to something, and then when listing scummy people, he listed Eli and Manix, and then turned around and voted BBM. He says he can't think of anything else and that he doesn't have time to scum hunt, but previously he had said that scum hunting was the most important thing to do in this game.

Yeah, I suck terribly at OC, Mafia and active scumhunting, so I wasn't able to do much else than agree/disagree/contest what the other players were saying. As you said, the one major thing I did (at the time you made the post, I guess) was contest Bizz's vote on SB, which I confess was more focused on criticizing her gameplay mode and logic and pulling an ignorant card, instead of saying I didn't agree with it, as someone else said (I don't remember if it was BBM, Proto, Hikarussia or Straw. I bet on Hika).

I voted BBM later because, you know, opinions change when stuff happen. I said I voted him because I couldn't think of anyone else because my reason wasn't that strong, but it was the best I had, and he looked worse than Manix/Elieson.

... Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be stupid if I had voted my scumbuddy so soon? He had no votes on him, and I could have used the same reasoning to Manix and Elieson if I wanted to. At that time, it was uncertain that BBM would be lynched (he had no votes on him), so I couldn't have been doing it to look good.

For the sake of devil's advocate, you could have jumped the BBM bandwagon and bussed your scumbuddy because you were afraid that there was no possibility of driving the lynch off him, so you might as well try and look good yourself. I think it's safe to assume that someone on the scumteam jumped on the BBM wagon for that sake.

Like I said before though, I'm not all that worried about Rapier based on meta, but at the same time he hasn't been cool enough to start a convo with me so idk tongue.gif. Still haven't heard from any of the people I mentioned before which is also disappointing. I'll give it a bit though, since people aren't like me and actually have lives.

For the sake of devil's advocate, you could have jumped the BBM bandwagon and bussed your scumbuddy because you were afraid that there was no possibility of driving the lynch off him, so you might as well try and look good yourself. I think it's safe to assume that someone on the scumteam jumped on the BBM wagon for that sake.

Like I said before though, I'm not all that worried about Rapier based on meta, but at the same time he hasn't been cool enough to start a convo with me so idk tongue.gif. Still haven't heard from any of the people I mentioned before which is also disappointing. I'll give it a bit though, since people aren't like me and actually have lives.

Yeah, but no one had voted on him at that time. I was the -first- one to vote him. There was no bandwagon to jump into. I did not switch votes until D1 end.

You roleclaim to people you trust. Furthermore, you don't fakeclaim to the person who's vying for town leader, because things get messy if that person really is town. So. . .did you trust Shinori was town enough to claim? And if so, then why the hell were you going off the paranoid end?

This isn't the first time I roleclaimed truthfully to people I haven't cleared. Of course, I wouldn't fakeclaim to a Town Leader unless I were Mafia. Your assumption is that roleclaiming should only be done to players you trust, which I disagree with. You don't know my role, and Shinori understood my position that time, so I don't get why you're still suspicious about that.

Yeah, but no one had voted on him at that time. I was the -first- one to vote him. There was no bandwagon to jump into. I did not switch votes until D1 end.

It's a good thing I recall things correctly guys! Damn I need to read more.

This isn't the first time I roleclaimed truthfully to people I haven't cleared. Of course, I wouldn't fakeclaim to a Town Leader unless I were Mafia. Your assumption is that roleclaiming should only be done to players you trust, which I disagree with. You don't know my role, and Shinori understood my position that time, so I don't get why you're still suspicious about that.

It's called playing the game right. I'm obviously not gonna throw my claim out in public, because there's way too many people I don't trust. Furthremore, your job isn't to give the mafia one less role to deduce; thus, you don't claim willy-nilly. Think before doing it; in your case, you were actively being paranoid while trusting him enough to claim, and I don't like that.

Anyone who has a problem with me can do the following:

1. Strike up a convo with me.

2. Ignore me and be suspicious, despite the fact that you have no info on me.

3. If you've talked to me earlier, and are still suspicious of me, then deal with it.

Anyone who has a problem with me can do the following:

1. Strike up a convo with me.

2. Ignore me and be suspicious, despite the fact that you have no info on me.

3. If you've talked to me earlier, and are still suspicious of me, then deal with it.

I don't have a problem with you. But I'm not gonna drill you for answers to mere hypotheticals.

That being said, hi~

I posted in here because god it's sooo quiet, and no doubt we are all just waiting to see the light of Dayphase!

If you aren't using your action tonight, please say Idling in your Role PM.

I almost have all the actions in and I don't want to just end phase now and not know if you aren't doing anything or if you haven't responded yet.

Ok. My head has stopped being fuzzy for now, so I'm going to post. Here's what I think, and sorry that it's a list post, it's just the best way for me to focus on stuff right now. Be thankful you're getting something.

1. Aere- Apparently 1-shot BP. Has been contributing to the town, didn't lie about his role apparently, seems town to me~

2. Elieson- Elie is awesome and is fun to talk to. Besides that though, has seemed to be useful and posting a good bit. Claims PGO, and I believe that right now at least. I'd say one of my top towns right now.

3. Lucina- new, seems to be posting some. haven't talked to her outside of the thread though, so not sure on read. neutral for right now.

4. Manix- willing to post lots of thought in thread, wavered on BBM vote, but that was because of a thought about BBM being fool, small amount of outside contact that didn't really go anywhere. Not sure where in the scumdar he is right now.

5. Shinori- Super awesome town leader! Doing a good job of it so far too.

6. scorri- The most town!

7. BigBangMeteor - dead scum. lol.

8. Luster Purge- not really around much, was reluctant to claim, was suspicious at first, but has moved back towards town by explaining his reasonings for things.

9. adiosToreador- Bizz is apparently not a threat unless you try and kill her. I believe this, and therefore think people should stay away from her.

10. eclipse- I think that either eclipse is solidly town, or the mafia have played us very well. I haven't had time to talk to her, so I want to fix that, but for now I'm thinking town.

11. Kay-needs to post more :/ Neutral readings just from how little contact I've had.

12. Rapier- sticking with my view of scum here just because I feel like he's been not helpful to town at all. Yeah he was the first vote on BBM, but he might have just been a scum voting for a teammate but not expecting shinori to then come and say to lynch BBM

13. Bluedoom- Unsure. Maybe a little scummy from the buddying that apparently went on with BBM.

14. StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw- Need to hear more from you. But, at the same time, that's normal for you. I dunno.

15. Cap'n Flint- Also need to hear more from you. I have no idea what your thoughts are at all. Please post.

16. Iris- Iris you need to exist more. ;_; neutral/tiny bit scummy, but once again apparently not being around is standard for you.

17. Helios- Seems town to me from conversations that I've had with him outside of thread.

18. Serious Bananas- newbie views. Could either be newbie just not sure of what he's doing, or newbie!scum hiding behind the newness. Right now I'm leaning towards town.

19. Hikarusa- once again. haven't seen posts that amount to much from him, haven't had any outside contact with him either. we'll see i guess~

Augh so many people that aren't very active means my reads are like... non-existant on half the game. I guess I should do a better job of talking with people...