Super Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations Planning Thread

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a thought.

What if another member of the forum were to record the submission and upload the footage to YouTube?

Marc still runs the contest, but someone else plays the submission.

Just a thought.

I just had a thought.

What if another member of the forum were to record the submission and upload the footage to YouTube?

Marc still runs the contest, but someone else plays the submission.

Just a thought.

Preferably, if we're going to go down that route, I'd want multiple people to record the submissions.

Though, it's a bit of a doozy. I like having exclusive priviledges towards recording submissions, and people who watch Ragefest tend to primarily be people who get a thrill out of watching me suffer specifically.

Though, that may just be me seeing things through the lens of my own ego. =S

Preferably, if we're going to go down that route, I'd want multiple people to record the submissions.

Though, it's a bit of a doozy. I like having exclusive priviledges towards recording submissions, and people who watch Ragefest tend to primarily be people who get a thrill out of watching me suffer specifically.

Though, that may just be me seeing things through the lens of my own ego. =S

If that's the case, then depending on how many entries there are, (I'll use 8 entries as an example) Would there be 8 separate people recording the submissions?

If that's the case, then depending on how many entries there are, (I'll use 8 entries as an example) Would there be 8 separate people recording the submissions?

No. It would be "anyone can LP any submission and as many as they want".

That way, we can get Person A's and Person B's point of view on the same submission, and they might fall for different traps and whatnot.

Helps flesh out the submission more.

I like the idea but I'd still want you to get "first dibs" on playing and recording footage, because I mainly watch ragefest to watch your reactions. just dont make any more submissions because clearly certain people dont know how to lp them correctly

I like the idea but I'd still want you to get "first dibs" on playing and recording footage, because I mainly watch ragefest to watch your reactions. just dont make any more submissions because clearly certain people dont know how to lp them correctly

Hm... This is definitely worth considering.

I might make future submissions, but if I do, I'll make sure to work with other people. And as much as I love AstraLunaSol's commentaries, I do admit that I'm not enjoying his LP of my submission very much.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

just dont make any more submissions because clearly certain people dont know how to lp them correctly

I might make future submissions, but if I do, I'll make sure to work with other people. And as much as I love AstraLunaSol's commentaries, I do admit that I'm not enjoying his LP of my submission very much.

Love ya both~

I don't think this would be a problem, but I feel I should ask anyway just to be sure. So i'm a noob to Fire Emblem hacking, learning as I go. And a noob to Fire Emblem forums in general. Is that going to be a problem to you, or can anyone enter?

I've been watching your videos, and was inspired to start working on my own ragefest submission.

I don't think this would be a problem, but I feel I should ask anyway just to be sure. So i'm a noob to Fire Emblem hacking, learning as I go. And a noob to Fire Emblem forums in general. Is that going to be a problem to you, or can anyone enter?

I've been watching your videos, and was inspired to start working on my own ragefest submission.

Anyone can enter.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

• 1 month later...

Each contestant will have one month to make progress on their hack. By the end of each month, the contestant must show that they've made significant progress on their submission. If they do, their personal deadline will be extended to another month, which can be extended one more time given that they show significant progress again.

You have one month, but you can gain two additional months if you show significant progress. That means 3 months.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

When at least 5 submissions have made it into the contest, MarkyJoe1990 will begin recording submissions. While he is recording each submissions, additional submissions will be accepted only if they are submitted before MarkyJoe1990 finishes recording the other submissions.

Once I start recording submissions, you have to finish and submit yours before I complete all the other submissions.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

The guidelines are there to help give an idea as to what people should do and not do.

...I really need to announce Ragefest IV soon.

Speaking of which, there's been a change of plans. I think I'm gonna do what I usually do for Ragefests and post an official thread on all the Fire Emblem boards I go to. I wanted to make it exclusive to the Emblem Brigade, but they haven't advanced as much in FE hacking as I hoped, and I think that it would hurt the contest as a whole to limit discussion to one forum.

Also, I'm NOT going to enter my own contest this time. It caused way too many complications, and there aren't enough good/reliable LPers interested in my submission for me to think it's worth it. I doubt anyone sees that as a big loss though.

The guidelines are there to help give an idea as to what people should do and not do.

...I really need to announce Ragefest IV soon.

Speaking of which, there's been a change of plans. I think I'm gonna do what I usually do for Ragefests and post an official thread on all the Fire Emblem boards I go to. I wanted to make it exclusive to the Emblem Brigade, but they haven't advanced as much in FE hacking as I hoped, and I think that it would hurt the contest as a whole to limit discussion to one forum.

Also, I'm NOT going to enter my own contest this time. It caused way too many complications, and there aren't enough good/reliable LPers interested in my submission for me to think it's worth it. I doubt anyone sees that as a big loss though.

My footage isn't up yet, so you can judge my recording once I get it uploaded. I'll need to renew my Camtasia though. (I.E. purchase it also I'm planning on re-recording due to ultimate audio fail. If I can fix the other footage, then I'll upload it.)

But I'm actually glad you're not going to enter your own contest again, because if you did, then that runs the risk of you recurring one of the jokes from your submission, and I'm worried that you're going to use the one I HATED THE MOST.