Leave Barst to his fate?

Uh, glad to hear that Barst made it through, but you might wanna do a generic run ONCE, because I can see a point in this game where you're gonna be really angry.

That why there's nothing to be afraid of trying this especially in this game.

-----

Let's see....

Some No Restart Run Tips....

-Using Pre-Promoted Units. As they already have good base stats, don't have to baby them, and not have to waste a promotion item. Because if one of your promoted units dies, it'll be a waste of major EXP and promotion item.

Good advice for every game except shadow dragon . Outside of reclassed wolf and sedgar , and wendell ,The pre promotes in this game are terrible . They have the bases of unpromoted units and horrible growths . All they really have on unpromoted units are their decent weapon ranks .

Good advice for every game except shadow dragon . Outside of reclassed wolf and sedgar , and wendell ,The pre promotes in this game are terrible . They have the bases of unpromoted units and horrible growths . All they really have on unpromoted units are their decent weapon ranks .

Lessee. . .of those you didn't mention. . .

Jagen - It's gonna be a while until anyone else can use that Silver Lance. Bugger he's dead.

Jeorge - Can use his Silver Bow at base better than Gordin will at that point in time. He makes for decent filler until everyone's weapon ranks catch up.

Minerva - Let's see you get another flying unit to A Axes. She functions as a flying Hammer/Halberd, and Hauteclere might as well be a PRF weapon when you get her.

Boah - Insta Excalibur/Physic/Warp at base. One more staff rank up, and Recover is all his (meaning he doesn't give a crap about his Magic stat).

Horace - His bases are so awesome that gaining anything is gravy.

Etzel - Despite his awful Speed, he'll hit hard with Elfire/Excalibur/Thoron.

Lessee. . .of those you didn't mention. . .

Jagen - It's gonna be a while until anyone else can use that Silver Lance. Bugger he's dead.

Jeorge - Can use his Silver Bow at base better than Gordin will at that point in time. He makes for decent filler until everyone's weapon ranks catch up.

Minerva - Let's see you get another flying unit to A Axes. She functions as a flying Hammer/Halberd, and Hauteclere might as well be a PRF weapon when you get her.

Boah - Insta Excalibur/Physic/Warp at base. One more staff rank up, and Recover is all his (meaning he doesn't give a crap about his Magic stat).

Horace - His bases are so awesome that gaining anything is gravy.

Etzel - Despite his awful Speed, he'll hit hard with Elfire/Excalibur/Thoron.

These are the units with decent weapon ranks I was talking about ( except horace I forgot about him , and boah is a decent staff bot) . They aren't that useful if your a slow player , like myself . I never worry about wexp except in thraicia 766 . Also with their shit bases the OP is likely going to get them killed . He's new to the game , he's going to make a load of mistakes , and pre promotes in this game don't exactly have the raw stats to survive blunders by the player .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Minerva's not dying unless you put her in range of a bunch of arrows(pate) and magic. If this is below H2, Jeorge should be able to take a couple of hits until Chapter 16ish. Conversely, Minerva will be dealing a ton of damage to those armors on thrones, and will beat everyone there, and a Silver Bow will kill even the peskiest of fliers all the way to Endgame.

I can't see mages going to the front lines anyway. Linde, for example, will die in a hurry, and she's not a prepromote.

Well...I know that I sure as hell wouldn't try this on harder difficulty settings. :P:

I'd advise to pit Marth against anyone armed with killer weapons if possible, so that you could actually get freebies if he dies from a crit.

Actually because of the replacement units it's quite fun to kill everyone but Marth off before chapter 4 and use the replacement generics. Once Marth/average party level gets to level 15, it can get easier than a regular H5 run during mid-game.

One of the best...that would suck EXP from those that would use it better.

This is one of those assumptions that you really need to learn your way out of before attempting challenge runs.

I didn't have much trouble with a minimal-resets H1 run, but I know some things about FE, and "good units are good" is one of them.

Edited by Othin