Rate the Unit, Day 56: Est

Sometimes I don't even know what the hell are you saying anymore.

Then again, I usually do this because I usually never use him. >=]

I don't see Abel as a women beater. Why else would he keep from allying himself with Ariteia to keep his wife safe?

Est is a coward for not consulting her problems. But she's young and innocent that she didn't know any better and that she's a scared little girl. Poor thing. ;_; That's why that you could give her a hug.

Look here....

Aritia knight Abel

After the war, he left the country to find Est and afterwards he wasn't seen again.

He's even looking for her. This shows that he's no woman beater. Even if she dies, he still leaves Ariteia. He leaves this country period thereafter retiring from the army.

(Est died)

Saddened by the loss of Est, he left Aritia and afterwards he wasn't seen again.

Edited by アイネ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone would be kind enough to link me to Abel/Est supports, I'll be more than happy to confirm/deny this.

I found some translations of her supports on some blog, but IIRC, there is a site that has all the FE12 supports in japanese. Since I don't understand moonspeak, I basically had to rely on the excellent translations from the blog and google translate (lol at that) to get the gist of the supports.

I don't hate Est personally but then I don't find it worth hating video game characters. Except for like Catiua, but that's because she has a horrible personality and is a contrary bitch in a way that is actively detrimental to gameplay.

My two cents... In FE1/11, Est was pretty reckless, she went in alone to retrieve the Miracle Sword with her stats. My interpretation was that she did so because she didn't want her sisters to get hurt, and being young and arrogant, thought she'd work better solo.

Then, she gets captured - twice. In addition to the blow to her confidence, both times people she loves are put in mortal peril because of her foolhardiness. The first time her sisters have to bail her out, and the second time, her husband who has retired from fighting is basically sent out to his death; only the fact that Marth rescues her before Marth's army meets Abel saves him. She is quite distraught when she talks to Abel, and says it's her fault. Afterwards, deciding she's a danger to everyone, runs off. Or, figuring with her track record, having gone from guerilla fighter to prisoner to hostage, it's time to call it quits.

I think you guys judging Est too harshly. She's a 17-year-old girl; as everyone knows, they're renowned for being clear and rational thinkers. Especially when they've just undergone a traumatic experience.

Rating. I can only go off the SNES version, but considering her form there is exacerbated by the harder difficulty... 1/10.