Rate the Unit, Day 56: Est

She is a rather reckless/careless person though as she also got herself kidnapped in Fire Emblem Gaiden. (By Geese' army)

The only time she didn't get kidnapped, well...escaped was in Marth' first game. She got the Miracle Sword too. ^^

She does have self doubts though, as seen in her conversation with Palla in FE11. And her kidnapping in Mystery was the only time it had and lasting negatively effect on others.

Btw, she actually got kidnapped in the book 1 version of the first game and was recruited in the chapter whose boss is Camus.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She does have self doubts though, as seen in her conversation with Palla in FE11. And her kidnapping in Mystery was the only time it had and lasting negatively effect on others.

Btw, she actually got kidnapped in the book 1 version of the first game and was recruited in the chapter whose boss is Camus.

And that she is very brave too for putting up with units who are far stronger than her.

Let me ask you this, if you had a friend whose wife was kidnapped and he did everything he could to protect her, and you end up saving her and hold no ill will towards him, then she left him afterwards, you wouldn't find that douchey? I know damn well I would. And why should I give a video game character any more sympathy than I would a real person?

Est STILL sucks. Once again sucky bases, once again late join time(not too late though) but her growths are sorta better. Sorta. Gotta give her points for that.

1.5/10

Let me ask you this, if you had a friend whose wife was kidnapped and he did everything he could to protect her, and you end up saving her and hold no ill will towards him, then she left him afterwards, you wouldn't find that douchey? I know damn well I would. And why should I give a video game character any more sympathy than I would a real person?

As a friend I would consider it my responsibility to stay objective when my friend is to emotionally invested to do so. Trying to make him understand that he is not at fault but also trying to explain why she acted the way she did.

Of course, holding such an ideal is harder then actually living it. I'm still impressed how a certain someone I know pulled it off but I hope I will be strong enough to return the favor should it ever come down to it.

And in that scenario... well, the kidnappers are clearly at fault. Whats the point in trying so hard to blame one of their victims?

And agreeing with someones decision and understanding why they did what they did are two completely different things. Considering how tight the bound to her family was, Est must have been very desperate, seeing how she disappeared completely without ever being heard from again by anyone.

As a friend I would consider it my responsibility to stay objective when my friend is to emotionally invested to do so. Trying to make him understand that he is not at fault but also trying to explain why she acted the way she did.

Of course, holding such an ideal is harder then actually living it. I'm still impressed how a certain someone I know pulled it off but I hope I will be strong enough to return the favor should it ever come down to it.

And in that scenario... well, the kidnappers are clearly at fault. Whats the point in trying so hard to blame one of their victims?

And agreeing with someones decision and understanding why they did what they did are two completely different things. Considering how tight the bound to her family was, Est must have been very desperate, seeing how she disappeared completely without ever being heard from again by anyone.

So you're saying you very possibly would hold a grudge but you'd try not to? So why exactly is it hard for you to understand why Lumi and I don't like Est? Especially considering, at least for me, she broke Palla's heart by marrying Abel, whom Palla had serious feelings for, when Palla is one of my favorite characters.

Anyway, it's still a bitchy thing to do. Here's a thought, if you get kidnapped and your husband does everything he can to rescue you and you feel bad about putting him in an awkward situation work it the fuck out. Don't run away from your screw ups. I see no reason to show Est any sympathy. She screwed up and instead of facing up to it, she runs away from her guilt.

Are you guys having a serious discussion about two imaginary characters' relationship,that's just pathetic .... Est is a baby and a man stealer boo-ho boo-ho . Who cares? They're imaginary characters , in an imaginary land , having imaginary problems , during an imaginary war . Seriously not worth talking about .

The_Purple_Knight has terrible opinions as always, nothing new here, move along.

A story SHOULD make the reader feel something for the characters and their interactions. I'm glad at least FESD manages that much for some characters however bland the story and mostly lacking characterisation is.

So you're saying you very possibly would hold a grudge but you'd try not to? So why exactly is it hard for you to understand why Lumi and I don't like Est? Especially considering, at least for me, she broke Palla's heart by marrying Abel, whom Palla had serious feelings for, when Palla is one of my favorite characters.

Anyway, it's still a bitchy thing to do. Here's a thought, if you get kidnapped and your husband does everything he can to rescue you and you feel bad about putting him in an awkward situation work it the fuck out. Don't run away from your screw ups. I see no reason to show Est any sympathy. She screwed up and instead of facing up to it, she runs away from her guilt.

Who would blame her for leaving? It's all too much for a person her age to handle.

Spoiler: Camus and Est

Camus had delt with the same situation after turning his army to battle Marth. Because he felt that it's his duty, even though his heart tell him that it's wrong. It's because of his oath of loyalty to king and country is why he had to rebel against Nyna's people. Even though she is very dear to him. Even though this was Gharnef's plan all along by manipulating the situation with both him and Michalis. Afterwards to make up for his guilt for rebelling against Nyna's people he hid himself by going to Valecia. Well getting washed up on shore calling himself Zeke and having a new love interest named Teeta. He helped Alm out doing a good deed. Then he hid himself with a visor going back to Akaneia and calling himself Sirius. Est just leaves vanishing as though she were dead.

Edited by アイネ

Camus didn't marry Nyna. Est should never have married Abel if she wasn't ready for it.

Book II Spoiler Est, Hardin and ???

Yeah and with a forced marriage with Hardin made Nyna miserable and Hardin finding out about this made him in eternal despair. Gharnef foresaw this and surviving from the black orb he then disguised himself as a merchant giving the black orb to Hardin losing his soul afterwards. This allowed Medith to inhabit his body and the only time that Medith talked was this...

Chapter 8

Hardin:

Your highness, I am the Emperor of Akaneia, ruler of this world.

I cannot allow those who oppose me to go unpunished.

And that includes you, Prince Marth...

Medith: (Spoiler)

This disgusting world must be destroyed...

Everything in it is a mistake.

Rebels, this game is over.

You will all die here.

Troops, charge!

Slay the traitors without remorse!!

Est however messed up, but she was unaware of the situation of marriage until it was too late. Once she figured out that what she did was a mess of it, she decided to disappear as though she were dead.

Hardin dealt with the same thing with his forced marriage with Nyna. But I'm still trying to figure out why Est didn't stand up to her problems? Sure she's young and didn't know better. But leaving is also a way to solve a problem and Est choose to do just that!

Edited by アイネ

Est and Abel weren't forced, was the thing. While I think Nyna could've at least tried to get along with Hardin and get over Camus (who's presumably dead at that point), her situation was an arranged political marriaged that she didn't really have a say in. Est married Abel out of her free will, and if she decided that she didn't love him, she could at least, you know, have the decency to talk to the guy and make the break a clean one rather than just run away.

Est married Abel out of her free will, and if she decided that she didn't love him, she could at least, you know, have the decency to talk to the guy and make the break a clean one rather than just run away.

She was too scared to tell him. .___.

She's young. She couldn't bear to tell him that.

Edited by アイネ

"Rather than tell the man who's willing to do anything for me that I'm scared as hell of the consequences, I'm gonna disappear, and maybe he'll forget that I existed~! Such a brilliant plan~!"

I can't feel sorry for her.

However young she may be in SD/B1, I expect her to have some sense to tell him after three years or try to work something out. If Abel was a violent wifebeater, that would be different and running away would be plenty justified, but no, he's pretty much the epitome of the caring, loving, husband. If she isn't mature enough/doesn't have enough balls to do so, she gets no sympathy from me.

Edited by Fat Bunny

However young she may be in SD/B1, I expect her to have some sense to tell him after three years or try to work something out. If Abel was a violent wifebeater, that would be different and running away would be plenty justified, but no, he's pretty much the epitome of the caring, loving, husband. If she isn't mature enough/doesn't have enough balls to do so, she gets no sympathy from me.

You hit the nail on the head. She was afraid of getting beaten. T_T

There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Abel would beat Est, or that Est was specifically thinking "oh no the man who just betrayed his country all for my sake is going to hit me". You're making things up.

Edited by Fat Bunny

There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Abel would beat Est. You're making things up.

Nope.

By pledging his alliance to turn against Ariteia to keep Est (his wife) safe shows that he's not that type of person. That's why I do the honors of gutting him, so he doesn't have to endure this eternal pain when she ditches him. His ending is no better if you keep him alive.

Edited by アイネ