Official "Integrity for Draft Section Mod" Nomination Thread

Elieson

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be Draft Section Mod?

• Yes
    • No

Sometimes he's been very vocal about drafts he doesn't think should've been started and stuff.

And Deirdre is an awful name for her, it's an old lady name and Diadora's not an old lady!

>Implying everyone named Deirdre was always an old woman.

Hahahahahaha

In other news, there is a character in Suikoden Tierkreis named Diadora. It's interesting how the voice actors pronounce her name more or less the same way Deirdre is supposed to be pronounced.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, there is a character in Suikoden Tierkreis named Diadora. It's interesting how the voice actors pronounce her name more or less the same way Deirdre is supposed to be pronounced.

Actually, part of my BIG PLAYBOOK for arguing Dierdre is that DI-A-DO-RA pronounced fast is the closest Japanese equivalent to Deirdre.

Yes, I have a BIG PLAYBOOK of arguments for why Deirdre is Deirdre and not Diadora.

Also for Julius and Julia.

And Fergus, but that one mostly just boils down to "fergus is IRISH which jugdral has a HARD ON for and what the FUCK is felgus even supposed to BE"

Actually, part of my BIG PLAYBOOK for arguing Dierdre is that DI-A-DO-RA pronounced fast is the closest Japanese equivalent to Deirdre.

Yes, I have a BIG PLAYBOOK of arguments for why Deirdre is Deirdre and not Diadora.

And Fergus, but that one mostly just boils down to "fergus is IRISH which jugdral has a HARD ON for and what the FUCK is felgus even supposed to BE"

Cool your tits Integ.

I approve of Ein being the first to be eliminated from this planet.

As opposed to the innumerable organisms on this planet to have been killed off over the eons.

Whatever, when Nintendo localizes it we should care, before then it's just fan localization that isn't official.

I like "ˈJan" much better than "John" and "Yurius" sounds better than "Julius" (see Dawn of Sorrow IIRC).

Deirdre makes more sense as the name than Diadora since it's a reference to Irish mythology (which is really common in FE4) vs... the name of some Italian sportswear brand.

He called his company "Diadora" a name suggested by a friend. In Greek, "dia dora" means "by means of gifts" which was appropriate, but probably not the origin of his friend's suggestion. More likely, it came from the name given by the Greeks of Byzantium to the Dalmation town of Zadar. Originally called "de ladera" or "from Zadar," it was mistakenly copied and translated from Dalmation to Latin, becoming, along the way "Diadora."

I recognize that this is probably not an "appropriate" reference for FE4 compared to Deirdre, which is more or less empty of similar references. Just showing that it's not some sort of neonym. It's also worth noting that Deirdre has no relation to Noish and marries Sigurd.

Small rant follows (inc. an IMO good idea about renaming fala flame).

That being said, everyone seems to like Holsety, even though it makes no sense and should be Forseti. TorHammer is a pretty odd name compared to say Mjollinir (or however it's best spelled) not to mention that Tor makes no sense as opposed to Thor... Mistletoe is sometimes used as a thrown projectile to kill Baldr, rather than as a sword. If Hezul is supposed to be Hod it seems to be a pretty terrible match. Lopt is an relatively obscure use compared to Loki or maybe even Laufey (now that Laufey was a character in the Thor movie), but fans never seem to say that the spell and blood should be called Loki or Laufey blood. With all that in mind, I think Diadora is pretty close in sound to Deirdre, and also just sounds better as a name (I also favor Julius < Yurius but Julia > Yuria for no real reason).

(Also...since Loki, or rather, "Loge," is a god of fire in Wagner's operas, and maybe even in the old norse myths, it might have been interesting to associate his Germanic name in place of fala and fala flame, while there's no association between Fala and Lopt in a general sense, there is strongly so in the case of Alvis, Julius, Cyas (according to the SF bloodline). And there would also be a Loki/Heimdall dualism for Julia with major heim/minor fala loge. "Logi" is a similar sounding name, but is for a giant who ruled fire/was fire. Also surprising they didn't consider naming Lopt Sword Laeveteinn or however it's spelled since that was a sword Lopt made, while there's no such thing as the "Lopt Sword" or Loki Sword outside of FE AFAIK.)

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

I prefer Julius in text but prefer saying Yurius so I can pronounce it Yusz

Edited by Rehab

Nabarl

Then again who cares about Nabarl.

It's Nabarl.

I approve of Ein and Crash being the first to be eliminated from this planet.

basically this

Nitpicker! :-_-:

My boss for my second job (named Deirdre) would be nitpicking because she would disagree with your erroneous statement.

I was going to stay out of whether he should be mod or not until something like this happened.

2jfau11.png

INTEG IS SUPPORTED BY KONGREGATE. INTEG FOR MODSHIP.

cool spoiler tags bro