Higurashi Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument feels pointless. ;/

Can we lynch Marth, for my sanity's sake?

I'm okay with this lynch, but I thought phase end was sometime tomorrow. If I'm right and we have more time, I'd like to wait until everyone playing has at least made one post for D2.

I don't mind, but I really hate the squabble going on now. I get the feeling all it will do is lead to bruised feelings, and that's not productive. Be logical, not emotional.

Ok..how about this.

I have information.

Anyone curious?

Don't waste a vig shot on me.

It will benefit town by approximately One Million Percent. It will establish things. If you don't want it the easy way, fine.

What is this stuff actually going to accomplish? If you're town, you're painting a gigantic flashing neon pink target on yourself, and apparently not doing anything today anyway. How is this not just stalling? And the vig part seems a bit too paranoid.

And I'm saying all that in anticipation that later on, someone will come online, and poke and prod me the same way you are.

Okay... why would you need someone to do that? Someone in general, or in particular?

Quit Poking. I wouldn't have said anything unless I had a reason to. Just because you don't see a reason doesn't mean it there isn't one.

Just because you have a reason doesn't mean it's a good or pro-town reason.

Unless you're like the cop or something and you don't want to out yourself just yet, why draw the attention towards yourself?

Why would he want to do something like that even if he was the Cop?

I'm gonna go with the bulletproof explanation personally. While there *could* have been a lucky-as-fuck doctor or town roleblock, I'm just finding it unlikely. Doesn't tell us much, unfortunately.

Doc wouldn't have to be too lucky. Namekills and all.

Because nobody was on a Marth lynch. Bizz even says that a Marth lynch isn't going to happen at this point. So I decided to strengthen one wagon and lower the chances of a nolynch, instead of starting another one and tying with the first.

Don't you think it's a bit silly that most people seemed to object to the Scorri lynch, but you all just lynched her anyway because there weren't enough votes for Marth? It's good to avoid ties, but don't just not vote for someone unless they're likely to be lynched. If you had wanted to avoid a last-minute bandwagon to maximize information gain, that would be one thing, but this really looks like an excuse to go along with a mislynch.

Also, note for everyone that might make JB's timezone easier to figure out: it's a 12-hour difference from EST. That means quite a few of you have no excuse to get confused by phase end times.

Also, note for everyone that might make JB's timezone easier to figure out: it's a 12-hour difference from EST. That means quite a few of you have no excuse to get confused by phase end times.

Oh, thanks Kay! lol I feel kind of dumb for not realizing this now, but this does help a lot.

People said they didn't want you to claim, why would you claim anyway when you didn't have many votes on you at this time (I believe).

Actually, I think had the most votes on me at that time. Three, I think? At the very least, I believed I did at the time (I admit I may have been wrong, I was very tired at that point). I wasn't sure when would be the right time to claim, and I didn't want to sleep through phase end and get lynched without ever even claiming and at least trying to defend myself. So, I claimed before leaving.

Given that Scorri was, in fact, lynched without getting a chance to claim or defend herself, I feel that my worries were pretty well justified.

I don't mind, but I really hate the squabble going on now. I get the feeling all it will do is lead to bruised feelings, and that's not productive. Be logical, not emotional.

If people don't have time to post and vote though, reading back later will be less useful. And since Aere just subbed in I'm hoping for a post from him today.

Where is everybody? Phase ends in 12 hours, unless someone gets subbed out again, and we've only got 4 pages of discussion this phase, very little of which is significant. I don't think Bal and Rapier have posted yet at all. Bal is generally kind of inactive, but Rapier normally isn't.

Don't make the co-mod mad. ): I got confused since I thought it was 12 hours behind, not forward. :P

I'll put up Votals when there are 12 hours left.

Don't make the co-mod mad. ): I got confused since I thought it was 12 hours behind, not forward. :P

I'll put up Votals when there are 12 hours left.

It wasn't intended to come off as "you guys are all dumb", just saying that I don't want people claiming that they didn't know the phase was gonna end. Sorry. :(:

What is this stuff actually going to accomplish? If you're town, you're painting a gigantic flashing neon pink target on yourself, and apparently not doing anything today anyway. How is this not just stalling? And the vig part seems a bit too paranoid.

I have full intentions of accomplishing something tomorrow, now that I'm able to and aware of my ability to do so. And really? Assuming that a vig is in this game is paranoid? Am I the only one here capable of considering a possibility and acting on it? I mean, you seem pretty sure there that a theoretical vig shouldn't be a problem. You prove to me there is no vig, and I'll retract my statement.

Okay... why would you need someone to do that? Someone in general, or in particular?

Just someone in general. Shinori did. Cam did. You are. I'm sure if it was more active in here then others would to, at this point, since questioning Elieson for saying things is the hip thing to do in this game, instead of just questioning the statements themselves.

Just because you have a reason doesn't mean it's a good or pro-town reason.

My reason is 100% Pro-town. If I was paranoid about a theoretical vig, then you're paranoid about my Pro-Town statements not being pro-town. I'm just trying to accomplish something here, and unfortunately, this is a NOC game, which means in order to get anything done, our OC-less team has to actually work together a little bit, instead of being cautious until we mislynch ourselves to death. If I die, it's at least progress and information. If anyone else dies, it's at least progress and information. I just want deaths that are you know, Pro-Town.

Thanks! I didn't know that.

Actually, I think had the most votes on me at that time. Three, I think? At the very least, I believed I did at the time (I admit I may have been wrong, I was very tired at that point). I wasn't sure when would be the right time to claim, and I didn't want to sleep through phase end and get lynched without ever even claiming and at least trying to defend myself. So, I claimed before leaving.

Given that Scorri was, in fact, lynched without getting a chance to claim or defend herself, I feel that my worries were pretty well justified.

Well, considering we had a lynch with 3 votes, I think we need to take having a couple votes on us a bit more seriously. This inactivity is literally going to kill us, because half of the people that need to place logical votes aren't even here to do so, leaving the other half completely dependent on doing so. And with half the game active, a unanimous vote is kind of...not happening.

Rereading to come up with a logical vote target, since Iris, our generous host, is providing us with valuable votals and hosting, and my hunch on Camtech isn't going anywhere beyond a hunch.

And IRT my above reply, the bolded within the quote brackets is my reply to Kay. I forgot to fix that before clicking Post :/

When I see someone do something scummy, I vote for them. It doesn't mean I'm trying to lynch them there and then, I use it along with the rest of my post to get the suspicious person responding earlier. Just because it's not a random vote doesn't mean it can't be designed to get a reaction from someone. Votes can be changed, so I don't see them as a strong way of making my point at all, especially not when I'm laying the first vote down in a phase where it requires 8 people to lynch someone before phase end.

This statement, right here. Gives me a headache. You saw it took 3 votes to lynch a player. Obviously, 1/3 of the votes requires to lynch somebody in a quiet game like this is a big deal. Don't say it isn't, that's horrible and stupid and you're stupid for thinking that.

##Vote BigBangMeteor

That was awful.

[

DAY 2 VOTES

SIMPLIFIED VOTALS

[3] Bluedoom: Subieko, eclipse, BigBangMeteor

[2] BigBangMeteor: Shinori, Elieson

[1] apocalypseArisen/Aere: Bluedoom

[1] Balcerzak: adiosToreador

[6] Not Voting: apocalypseArisen/Aere, Balcerzak, Camtech, Helios, Kay, Rapier

[spoiler=Unsimplified Votals]UNSIMPLIFIED VOTALS:

[3] Bluedoom: Subieko, eclipse, BigBangMeteor

[2] BigBangMeteor: Shinori, Elieson

[1] apocalypseArisen/Aere: Bluedoom

[1] Balcerzak: adiosToreador

[0] Camtech: Elieson

[0] Helios: Shinori

[0] Elieson: Shinori

[6] Not Voting: apocalypseArisen/Aere, Balcerzak, Camtech, Helios, Kay, Rapier

[spoiler=Voting Order]Elieson votes Camtech.

Elieson unvotes Camtech.

Subieko votes Bluedoom.

eclipse votes Bluedoom.

Shinori votes for Elieson.

Shinori unvotes Elieson; votes Helios.

BigBangMeteor votes Bluedoom.

Bluedoom votes apocalypseArisen/Aere.

* Aere subs for apocalypseArisen.

adiosToreador votes for Balcerzak.

Shinori unvotes; votes for BigBangMeteor.

Elieson votes BigBangMeteor.

Day 2 ends on 21 June, 10pm, GMT +8; 10 am EDT; or in approximately 11 hours and 53 minutes.

Edited by Iris

I will consolidate on a marth lynch if we so prefer, however I still feel BBM is a better lynch target, as I have felt for the past two days. Like I said though, Marth is also on my scum list so it's fine.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Bluedoom

Almost half the game isn't voting. :( I guess four votes for a lynch would be a step up from three, though.

This statement, right here. Gives me a headache. You saw it took 3 votes to lynch a player. Obviously, 1/3 of the votes requires to lynch somebody in a quiet game like this is a big deal. Don't say it isn't, that's horrible and stupid and you're stupid for thinking that.

##Vote BigBangMeteor

That was awful.

Two thoughts here: you complained in your previous post about people being suspicious of you instead of being suspicious of your statements. Well, that goes for you too, then--say that someone's logic is stupid, but don't say that they are stupid. Sorry, I realize this isn't that game-related, but it bugged me.

Game-related thought: the fact that it only took three votes to lynch Scorri is a sign that we have to be more active and get more people voting, not a sign that we should be afraid to place any votes. If a single vote becomes such a big deal that people vote even less, then that will only worsen the activity problems. Yeah, if you have the majority of votes on you near phase end, then it's a big deal whether it's 3 or 13, because either way you could be lynched. But during the phase, how else will we pressure people?

Also I did not realize phase end was so near. I'm still fine with the Marth lynch. Phase end is around 10am tomorrow EST, right? I may or may not be around, work will be significantly busier tomorrow. I'll try to get on though.

Two thoughts here: you complained in your previous post about people being suspicious of you instead of being suspicious of your statements. Well, that goes for you too, then--say that someone's logic is stupid, but don't say that they are stupid. Sorry, I realize this isn't that game-related, but it bugged me.

I merely meant that he didn't read the rules all the way through. Or he didn't understand them. One or the other. If the latter, BBM was totally free to ask in public, or in private to the mods, what it meant.

I admit I kinda blew that out a little more than I should. It just irritated me because of recent IRL situations (this evening's Jury Duty session) in which 2 people didn't read the clearing list prior to entering, and in the middle of the case, notified the judge that they're not allowed to be jurors.

Still, I think BBM should've at least called attention to that. Our gracious host has already changed one rule on us...I think it's best that we all check the rules and our RolePMs once more, on a daily basis, just to spot if there's any chances or to correct any misconceptions.

Here, let me correct my statement to BBM.

This statement, right here. Gives me a headache. You saw it took 3 votes to lynch a player. 1/3 of the votes requires to lynch somebody in a quiet game like this is a big deal, because in the rules, it says "9. If there's a majority on someone, we'll give the accused one last chance to say something, if we think they'll be on in a reasonable amount of time (so if you're off on a trip or something, sorry).", and also, "29. There are elements of bastard mod in this game, because it's Higurashi."

I think we found a link between two rules that works against us. Technically the phase ends at XX time, but apparently, if there's a majority at phase end, no matter the size, it's curtains for them.

So this means that we need to re-read the rules and make sure that we all understand the game, and to ask questions if we don't understand anything relevant to general gameplay especially.

There. That's a more concise way of pointing out something, and directing it at BBM in a non-aggressive way.