Spoilers: FE13 timeline (Japanese)

Taken from 2ch.

The timeline itself: http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/omoteuracom/imgs/f/3/f36f7a36.jpg

The discussion where this image is from: http://omoteurablog.com/archives/53675904.html

Of course, given the nature of 2ch, there's no author name that can be credited to, other than a randomly generated ID.

Hope this helps to clear up about the game's confusing parallel-world story. (That's why I personally don't like stories with time travel, but oh well.)

No Krombey, go away.

Being MU is suffering enough.

[spoiler=Ending]Thinking about it, the fact that Gimle's fate is left up to the player means they're not likely to actually continue this timeline, huh?

Unless they just ignore him in any sequel, I guess. Evil dragons always threaten to come back, but they never do.

Edited by Striped Shirt

[spoiler=Ending]Thinking about it, the fact that Gimle's fate is left up to the player means they're not likely to actually continue this timeline, huh?

Unless they just ignore him in any sequel, I guess. Evil dragons always threaten to come back, but they never do.

Gimle's fate is not left to the player , he's defeated no matter who you choose to deal the final blow, it's present time MU's fate that changes depending on what you choose

Can someone please translate what that chart says?

Edited by Velth

As far as I understand it,

Gimle gets permanently defeated if MU lands the final blow, because the only way to kill a god is for the god to kill themself. If Krom lands the final blow, Gimle is only sealed away for a thousand years or so, just like what the first holy king did.

As far as I understand it,

Gimle gets permanently defeated if MU lands the final blow, because the only way to kill a god is for the god to kill themself. If Krom lands the final blow, Gimle is only sealed away for a thousand years or so, just like what the first holy king did.

Except that MU is only the vessel for Gimle, and so isn't a god himself. Which makes this a little more confusing. But yeah, Krom seals him away and MU, for whatever reason, kills him off permanently. And gets revived somehow in a way I don't quite understand.

[spoiler=reply]Well, I figured the important part is Gimle killing themself, since neither Naga or Gimle are real gods. When Gimle takes over MU's body in the "failed" timeline, Gimle becomes MU and MU becomes Gimle. So MU in the "good" timeline killing Gimle is the same as Gimle killing Gimle due to timeline hijinks.

Similar reason why MU's lost his memories in the "good" timeline, because Gimle!MU's memories collide with theirs.

No idea why MU comes back to life later though : P

Edited by VincentASM

[spoiler=Question about above discussion]So MU comes back regardless of which choice you make right at the end?

If that's true, then I guess the "good" ending so to speak is the one where Gimle is killed.

Edited by Pandorakun

[spoiler=reply]Well, I figured the important part is Gimle killing themself, since neither Naga or Gimle are real gods. When Gimle takes over MU's body in the "failed" timeline, Gimle becomes MU and MU becomes Gimle. So MU in the "good" timeline killing Gimle is the same as Gimle killing Gimle due to timeline hijinks.

Similar reason why MU's lost his memories in the "good" timeline, because Gimle!MU's memories collide with theirs.

No idea why MU comes back to life later though : P

Ah, right; thanks for the clarification. This is where an English translation would come in handy!

First off, sorry for leaving a Japanese note as is without translation. I figured I'm probably not the best Japanese reader around, so I didn't try to translate it.

I was typing up a reply a whie ago, but then I got distracted by the actual FE13 game, and closed the browser afterwards.

I guess I'll point out a few differences bewteen each timeline then.

The main difference between both timelines is, obviously, whether Lucina is there to warn about the world's ending.

In the world where Gimle suceeds (timeline alpha in the chart):

- Emelina was assassinated in the first attempt (equivalent to Chapter 6 in Krom's timeline)

- No Emelina = no one to speak to Peresians and die in front of them = Peresian army in fighting mood

- Gangrel still lost, but the war lasted longer

- Whatever happened in Warm's attack was not specified (whether they could borrow a ship from Peresia, whether MU burnt Warm's ships, and other details, not known)

- Basilio went to fight Valhart and died (in the main story, Lucina warned him beforehand about this, which he responded by taking Flavia to go with him)

- Valhart was defeated in both timelines

- No Basilio = no one to secretly plan with MU to replace the Shield of Seal's (whatever it was renamed to in FE13, I can't quite translate "炎の台座"/honoo no daiza - something like "Fire Cradle" would sound strange) gems with fakes = Gimle's revival suceeds = MU becomes Gimle

- Whatever happened to the world after Lucina, the other children and Renha left, it is not mentioned in the game

So that's it. As to the question of why MU lived,

according to Naga, it is possible that MU may live after Gimle is killed if their bond with the rest of the group is strong enough. It is only a possibility, however, and Naga herself is not entirely sure.

[spoiler=Question about above discussion]So MU comes back regardless of which choice you make right at the end?

If that's true, then I guess the "good" ending so to speak is the one where Gimle is killed.

[spoiler=Ending split]Depends, really. The Krom ending is unambiguously positive, while the MU ending is bittersweet. The former ends on a high note where Krom and MU bro it up and are confident that the world they create will be able to repel Gimle if he ever does return (and that's a pretty big if, considering the level of shenanigans that were required to revive him in the first place), while the latter has everyone grieving right up until post-credits, where you get a short, context-less scene where MU appears to come back, only this time without Gimle's mark.

Personally, I think they should've kept MU dead in that scenario. Would've made for a pretty heavy decision, considering how many people want to simultaneously self-insert as the big hero while also getting with their FE waifu/husbando.

Edited by Striped Shirt

The translation I've heard is the Flame Pedestal.

Thanks. I think I've heard a translaiton elsewhere, but couldn't recall what it was at the time.

[spoiler=Ending split]Depends, really. The Krom ending is unambiguously positive, while the MU ending is bittersweet. The former ends on a high note where Krom and MU bro it up and are confident that the world they create will be able to repel Gimle if he ever does return (and that's a pretty big if, considering the level of shenanigans that were required to revive him in the first place), while the latter has everyone grieving right up until post-credits, where you get a short, context-less scene where MU appears to come back, only this time without Gimle's mark.

Personally, I think they should've kept MU dead in that scenario. Would've made for a pretty heavy decision, considering how many people want to simultaneously self-insert as the big hero while also getting with their FE waifu/husbando.

I'd call them either good or bad depending on whose perspective to see from. MU obviously wants to have Gimle killed permanently, and in Krom's ending MU seems to feel unsure about merely sealing Gimle away.

Krom wants MU to be alive, while MU wants to keep the least amount of trouble to the world, although in doing so would cause the current party grief.

And of course MU wouldn't die. The whole game is about overcoming fate with bonds. Compared to the other FE games, FE13 has an unbelievably low death toll in the story.

On an unrelated note, I feel weird to call MU that. I tend to call them by their default name, Reflet.