Draft Minimafia

Paperblade

So the people who were not a name or not looking too scummy were Straw, me, and Rothene. Out of us, Straw is the best/most experienced player, but he's still unlikely to have a Doctor on him. In a way, it is a namekill, just one that's less likely to be stopped.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prims and Bizz would've been unfair namekilled,

aside from the fact that they are the most likely PR's. It would have been strategy to remove PR's, not namekills. I think what's happening is that the namekilling cofuffle is being linked in to the NK here. The mafia didn't namekill, but yet they could have still shot either Bizz or Prims as a strategy for removing PR's instead. It wouldn't exactly have been namekilling.

It just so happens that the general targets for namekilling happen to be the first two draft picks. If it were anyone else, they'd probably be dead right now. I don't know.

In fact, let me put something out there. My decisive action on Prims, which I still hold to, was put second to Proto's nolynch. Manix had that ridiculous argument involving Prims and Alaska. Those are the 3 most untown things that have happened all game. And even when I voted, I clarified my stance that Manix, although scummy, would lose in a tie situation between him and Proto.

What gets me is why Straw was nightkilled. My suspicions are that I already look scummy and will likely just be lynched, so no need to NK me, Prims and Bizz would've been unfair namekilled, Proto, Straw and Rothene were sorta inactive, BBM I teetering neutral and Manix is doing a fine job of looking scummy already. I dunno why Straw was picked over anyone else exactly, but that's my suspicion.

Thus I still think Prims and Proto or Prims and Manix are our scumteam...more likely the first. That nolynch bothered me more than the witty back-and-forth.

hold up. You do realize the statements I've bolded are quite contradictory? Something isn't adding up. Have your opinions changed in the course of this post?

I have half a mind to vote you right now and the other half died a long time ago, but I think a re-read might be required. Also, that's not happening with my half a mind at 12:30 in the morning. You may have to wait about 12 hours, soz.

Doesn't change the point. If you think that Proto is more likely a part of the scumteam, then why wouldn't you put your vote toward him instead, ie actually having a possibly better chance from your point of view to lynch scum? That's what doesn't add up.

Because between you and him, I think he is scum. But above you both, I think Prims is scum. therefore, I voted Prims.

More thoughts, because SFM ended, and this is the only active mafia game left (unless my resV starts up...hopefully tonight).

Bizz is gaurenteed a PR. Since bizz didn't die, then I'm starting to consider her being scum. It seems hardly likely that scum would want the only person who is assured to have a role out there, to stay alive. Unless she was ignored by way of other people considering this, and just lynching her off.

Granted, I don't follow her hints of favorite EM role (i assumed Lover, so yea), so I don't know myself what she could be.

We know that scum doesnt have a hooker or redirector though, but it is possible to assume at this point that they have dayvig, or amnesiac, or both. If one dayvig shoots, gets killed, and the amn. copies, then we have a huge handicap to try to work with.

Though I'm thinking about it more, and I think amnesiac would be a lower priority pick. So I don't think anyone before Blitz (unless scum is bizz/prims, I.e.) is amn. if this dayvig is town aligned, and scum got amn, then dayvig shouldn't shoot. It could give scum the dayvig shot they are looking for, and unless whoever has dayvig is certain of their target, I think it's best left unused for now.

post almost done but fuck it I'm worried I'm clearing people too easily

Levity, can you post Goodbye, <USER>! publically in-thread? Replace <USER> with whoever.

Pointing this out because apparently she missed it.

Eh, you should try and meta me some more. I've taken this stance before in other games. What's the common factor in them? Better yet, look at Schoolgirl (my only time as scum) compared to this. I'm not exactly playing that differently to the other games.

I don't recall having a case of "manix isn't playing normally he must be scum". Meta towntells very rarely exist because if somebody is aware of their town meta as scum then they will attempt to duplicate it.

I had actually gone out that day during phase end, sozlol (see the Higrusahi thread, I did say it in there). I didn't except to be out as long as I was, I thought I would get back for deadline.

o

Still, why didn't you keep a vote down anywhere useful when you left?

I would have gone after Bizz if I was scum for the kill because she's a guaranteed PR, and given what I know about her role, I would want that role out of the game asap. (Sorry Bizz :( )

So that raises the question: If I was scum, why isn't she dead?

so that you could make this argument if anybody attacked you today? wakarimasen lol

It's pretty blatant that whoever made the kill in part either did it to a) dodge the doc or b) fuck with everybody so I don't think what you said really means anything.

I'm more suspicious of Prims though, as he still seems to be playing with the dayvig thing as though scum has it 100%. Any alignment could have any role at this point, and considering Bizz had first pick, she had free selection to either scumpick any role or block scum from picking any role.

why didn't bizz get namekilled? Because namekilling is a bad thing, and who complained about it on another thread and posted an alternative tactic about killing someone who looks very town?

the point of my callout was that if the dayvig was town, they'd out themselves for the good of their alignment. Bizz didn't and claimed she wasn't the dayvig, meaning that if she was a dayvig, she was almost certainly lying scum.

Also it's pretty obvious that I think that the "namekilling is a bad thing" claims are false.

Thus I still think Prims and Proto or Prims and Manix are our scumteam...more likely the first. That nolynch bothered me more than the witty back-and-forth.

You want to explain why scum thought it was a good idea to control D1 so that both wagons would be on their own ranks? Prims/Manix and Prims/Proto were both rival wagons at some point in the day and it makes no sense for me to be buddies with either.

Other stuff:

- Manix, who is scum? You're still not really doing anything that isn't defense.

- Rothene, do you have any responses to what's been posted recently, and the current wagons? If you're having trouble finding stuff to say then that's a good place to start.

- Proto, can you explain your reads on Manix and BBM?

Prims, Proto was so against any lynchong at all, and Manix is being so defensive. It makes sense for you to be allied with one of then, but act opposite of such. Buddying is a pretty big scumtell, and I know you know better than that.

That's a theory that makes more sense to me anyway.

I wasn't buddying up to either one.

If you mean bussing, it was completely disadvantageous for scum to let D1 end in a scum lynch. We already know scum didn't have a Hooker or Redirector due to Blitz's flip, so it would be nigh impossible to win alone in the face of a bunch of power roles which they knew could very well be in the game, even with the cred from lynching their buddy.

But Manix and Proto never did get lynched.

Bbm's reasoning for voting Blitz over Proto last minute was a bit short. Hmm.

Hmm...

*more thinks*

No; Prims told me to post that in-thread to prove that I'm not the dayvig.

Wow, I really am starting to kind of think that Prims is scum.

but sigh

Elieson, are you claiming vanilla? I think this means that everyone except Bizz, Prims, and I have claimed/softclaimed it, which makes me think it's unlikely that we even have a dayvig. Unless someone is lying, but as roles and alignments are completely separate, I can't see a real reason why.

Elieson, are you claiming vanilla? I think this means that everyone except Bizz, Prims, and I have claimed/softclaimed it, which makes me think it's unlikely that we even have a dayvig. Unless someone is lying, but as roles and alignments are completely separate, I can't see a real reason why.

May as well, since I thought I died anyway.

I'm vanilla. Had I picked Dayvig though, I dunno if I'd still be vanilla, but I didn't pick dayvig. I didn't think I'd be smart enough to use it properly tbh, so I didn't pick it.

We could just have everybody post Goodbye, Manix! or something similar to test

I don't think that's really necessary. Asking everyone to prove that they are not a role helps scum narrow down which roles people actually are.

We were talking, and then everyone left... Bizz, why do you find Prims scummy? And do you think he's scummier than Elieson, or would you still go for an Elie lynch first?

##Unvote

People often expect Prims to be town because he's Prims. He's actively searching for the dayvig/existence of a dayvig in the game in the guise of "I'm doing this to make sure scum doesn't have a dayvig." I think a lot of people thought Prims was going to choose dayvig in the first place, so even if this is REALLY TERRIBLE META, I highly doubt scum has a dayvig because of this, especially if scum was lower on the priority list. I am glad to see that he's not dayvig, though. I dunno why.

Next is the Manix tunnel. If Manix actually turns out to be scum, I'm going to fucking kick myself after this game. ): I guess it's more possible now that I think about it (for Manix to be mafia); I actually wouldn't be surprised of Manix/Prims was a scumteam /: but Manix just seems like he's given up now because he figured Prims was going to get him lynched. I'll admit, this does make him look worse.

Yeah, I guess I'd like to hear her thoughts too.

BBM's post about the vig shooting thingy gives me a townish read, so that throws off some of my suspicions. ##Unvote

I see an Elieson wagon happening but I don;t quite get why. His post of details before it started seemed very few to me.