FE8 Efficiency Run Redux

I had an old run here before, but I decided to redo it to make it a lower turncount with more reliability.

Videos are going up on my channel (i'll probably get around to them tomorrow) but up to chapter 9 is uploaded for the time being.

Playlist

Turncount Roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi0eTjWtEeg

Edited by General Horace

I had an old run here before, but I decided to redo it to make it a lower turncount with more reliability.

Videos are going up on my channel (i'll probably get around to them tomorrow) but up to chapter 9 is uploaded for the time being.

I'll just leave this here for now until I become not lazy and post the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi0eTjWtEeg

Subbed and I will be watching these videos for LTC assistance xD

Very nice Horace.

Why didnt Deussel see any combat at all?? Was he not needed for the desert? I would have thought that he would be needed at least a little bit...

I look forward to watching this.

edit: You couldn't do final part 1 in 1 turn?? Was Seth not tough enough to kill Lyon?

After looking closer at you turn counts I only see 1 turn you could have shaved, although it might require too much RNG manipulation.

Edited by Hawk King

cool story bro

I mean uh...good job. I think that's the lowest turncount that anyone's gotten, or at least announced thus far. Looking forwards to seeing more videos, also;

You should do FE8 RR next. :p

its not youtube its me being lazyyyyy

Oh, alright. I lol'd a bit when level 5 eirika could take on 3 fighters in CHAPTER 16. Oh God, this game is so easy haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Comparison to TAS turncounts (+ when you're ahead)

Prologue: 1

C1: 3

C2: 4

C3: 4

C4: 2

C5: 3

C5x: 8 (+1) [no Forde/Kyle]

C6: 3

C7: 4

C8: 5

C9: 6

C10: 3

C11: 6 (+1) [way more units]

C12: 6

C13: 1 (-1) [didn't do the Seth double javelin crit]

C14: 8

C15: 4 (-1) [lack of manipulation/probably better to send Saleh south]

C16: 5 (+3) [warp]

C17: 2 (+1) [warp]

C18: 7 (+2) [warp]

C19: 2 (+1) [warp]

C20: 3 (+2) [warp]

Final: 3

If you combine the red with a 2 turn final, you could save 3 turns. Though judging from your videos, you don't seem to manipulate the RNG that much, if at all (eg/ loads of javelin double misses), so what you have seems pretty optimal.

So is it possible to 7-turn 5x while still getting the Killer Lance? I'm really curious to see what that would look like, because there are lots of enemies who get in your way if you don't have all four characters contribute to moving your full movement, or close to it, each turn.

Wait, Ch13 is single-turned in the TAS? But I thought Aias doesn't move? I know you have Tethys but I don't see how you clear a path to get Seth adjacent to Aias on PP1...

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Ch20 can be 2-turned, and a single-turn for Ch17 has previously been demonstrated. I'm reading your numbers wrong and apparently Horace single-turned Ch20 too. This I have to see. No wonder Myrrh couldn't get enough Exp....

Edited by zahlman

@ Espinosa

5x can be completed in 7 turns with just Orson and Ephriam without any RNG abuse.

Having Kyle and Forde get the killer lance should be pretty simple. I've had Kyle get both treasures by himself in an 8 turn clear.

The reason I didn't send Saleh south was he wouldn't have been able to hit warp in time for chapter 16.

And yeah, like Hawk king said, just Eph and Orson can 7 turn chapter 5x, i dunno if its quicker timewise to take an 8 turn for a TAS or not. But I still think i could have 4 turned chapter 15 if Gerik hit a few more things down south.

Im pretty sure you could have done Chapter 14 in 7 turns with the Secret shop visited. I've gotten an 8 turn clear and visited the Secret shop in a draft with just 5 units going to the throne. You gotta get more creative with your rescue/dropping and give/taking.

And yeah, like Hawk king said, just Eph and Orson can 7 turn chapter 5x, i dunno if its quicker timewise to take an 8 turn for a TAS or not.

Right, now I remember, 8 turning is in fact faster in real-time mellow.gif

• 11 months later...