"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

How is Counter as a skill? I was thinking of Ignis, Counter, Renewal, Quick Slash, and Limit Breaker as a skill set, but the main site doesn't say HOW MUCH damage Counter returns, so are there better options, or is that good?

Counter returns = the damage you take a close range.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1360645671[/url]' post='2282091']

The problem with Counter is that if you kill an an enemy with only Counter damage you won't get XP. Why not take Vantage instead?

Streetpass team might be fun with counter, not like you gain exp from your teams kills in another game anyway.

This is a little relevant, but, I can confirm that the US copy of Awakening will make a random Streetpass team for my Australian 3DS. I've gotten two Streetpass teams from it in 12 hours (As it's 6hrs between Streetpasses)

Streetpass team might be fun with counter, not like you gain exp from your teams kills in another game anyway.

Counter Sniper with forged Longbow (for initial fight) and Innes' Bow (for subsequent fights). That can be fun. You will get damaged no matter what distance do you hit from.

If you're trying to get support points by healing, the double support partner doesn't get any uh... 'hearts', only the person being healed or danced. That might be your problem...

If not, just have Lissa and Lon'qu double and solo some easy skirmishes - there's no reason they shouldn't be gaining points.

I had the two paired up but with Lissa in the lead. I summoned some really low level enemies and threw her out in the middle of them, LOL. It worked with Meribel(sp) and Kelliam, so I don't understand what's going on with these two.

*tries this again*

...Huh. If the enemies attack Lissa, the two won't gain hearts. But if they attack Lon'Qu, they do. So there's a limit per side...okay, good to know.

1360674014[/url]' post='2282321']

Counter Sniper with forged Longbow (for initial fight) and Innes' Bow (for subsequent fights). That can be fun. You will get damaged no matter what distance do you hit from.

Yeh and maybe add in sol and renewal for some life regen

*tries this again*

...Huh. If the enemies attack Lissa, the two won't gain hearts. But if they attack Lon'Qu, they do. So there's a limit per side...okay, good to know.

You have to attack the enemy to gain support points. Being attacked (or Counter-killing the enemy) won't get you anything.

I'm sure you had this question before, but I don't wanna scrape through 115 pages, but, is the optimal way to get all the Skills is;

Get a character to L15 promoted -> Switch to another Basic Class and get up to L15 promoted -> Repeat until all Basic Classes are covered, then get your current class to L20 promoted -> switch to another Promoted Class and get it up to L20 -> Rinse and repeat until you get all Skills you want -> Get current class to L20 promoted -> Switch to desired class and max it out? Here's an example below:

Get Chrom to L15 Great Lord to get all his Great Lord Skills

-> Change class to Archer, promote to Sniper/Bow Knight L15

-> Change class to Cavalier, promote to Paladin/Great Knight L20

-> Keep switching classes between Sniper/Bow Knight/Paladin/Great Knight until you get all the skills you want, then get current class to L20

-> Change class to the class you want (i.e. Great Lord) and max it out.

I don't mind the grind, since the game's fun, but I'd like to grind wisely, instead of doing redundant grinding. And yes, I know the irony of the previous statement.

Edited by Keiya

I'm sure you had this question before, but I don't wanna scrape through 115 pages, but, is the optimal way to get all the Skills is;

Get a character to L15 promoted -> Switch to another Basic Class and get up to L15 promoted -> Repeat until all Basic Classes are covered, then get your current class to L20 promoted -> switch to another Promoted Class and get it up to L20 -> Rinse and repeat until you get all Skills you want -> Get current class to L20 promoted -> Switch to desired class and max it out? Here's an example below:

Get Chrom to L15 Great Lord to get all his Great Lord Skills

-> Change class to Archer, promote to Sniper/Bow Knight L15

-> Change class to Cavalier, promote to Paladin/Great Knight L20

-> Keep switching classes between Sniper/Bow Knight/Paladin/Great Knight until you get all the skills you want, then get current class to L20

-> Change class to the class you want (i.e. Great Lord) and max it out.

I don't mind the grind, since the game's fun, but I'd like to grind wisely, instead of doing redundant grinding. And yes, I know the irony of the previous statement.

It really depends on the character involved, but it's usually more efficient to go for all the Base Class skills you want first (if you need them) before Promoted Class skills. Plus, you only need to be level ten Promoted in order to change directly to another Promoted class, so there's no reason to go up to lv. 20 until the very end (unless you really need the growths of that class). It also really helps to have a plan of which skills you really want for that particular character's set-up beforehand.

You have to attack the enemy to gain support points. Being attacked (or Counter-killing the enemy) won't get you anything.

In other words, the conditions for gaining Exp from combat. So it works to think of it that way.

Does Beastbane and Dragonsbane work when reclassed into, say, a thief? My guess is no, but if it's yes...

They do not; they're only when the user has the stated class.