I want your opinion

I don't play for turns

If you could teach Earthquake to one of your ground-type Pokemon, that would do a lot of damage.

Gengar has weaknesses to: Ground, Psychic, Ghost and Dark attacks.

Gengar's physical defence is also much easier to penetrate than his special defence.

So maybe exploit these as much as possible, even if it means you'll have to teach a few new moves to some of your team.

Your team lacks Pyshics and Ghost/dark Pokemon. But with the team you have I would use Blastoise and Dragonite to take out most her Pokemon. Use Nidoking and mostly Rydon for back up.(That double edge will come in handy.) If I remeber her Gengar has pyshic moves and that would kill your Hitmonlee. Be prepared for her Gengar to use sleep and dream eater for massive damage.

If you could teach Earthquake to one of your ground-type Pokemon, that would do a lot of damage.

Gengar has weaknesses to: Ground, Psychic, Ghost and Dark attacks.

Gengar's physical defence is also much easier to penetrate than his special defence.

So maybe exploit these as much as possible, even if it means you'll have to teach a few new moves to some of your team.

Nidoking and Rhydon both know Earthquake, but Gengar and Misdreavous both have levitate, and one Gengar and Misdreavous both know theunderbolt....

Too bad nobody in my party can learn psychic. My Blastoise used to know Bite, but it did less than Surf, so I dumped it.

Edit: to Defender of the Light, they don't know Dream Eater, but I don't like using items, because of a stupid honor code thing that I worked into my blood. My guys lack the raw power to take down her Gengar in one shot, it always attacks first except against Dragonite and my surprisingly fast Nidoking, and they get put to sleep forever.

Edited by I don't play for turns

Nidoking and Rhydon both know Earthquake, but Gengar and Misdreavous both have levitate, and one Gengar and Misdreavous both know theunderbolt....

Too bad nobody in my party can learn psychic. My Blastoise used to know Bite, but it did less than Surf, so I dumped it.

Time to pull out that Moltres then?

Time to pull out that Moltres then?

I wish. It always goes second, and it can usually take out the first Gengar if it doesn't take too long for it to wake up, but the better Gengar and Misdreavous both know Thunderbolt. By "dumped it" in my earlier remark, I meant I eliminated the move bite for return because it was dirt.

Didn't I already mention that I can't use items that aren't "given" without causing myself severe brain damage?

Edit: yes! Got the poll working!

Move Tutor and relearn Bite, maybe? You could teach Nidoking Shadow Ball from the Game Corner. That might be a OHKO.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Didn't I already mention that I can't use items that aren't "given" without causing myself severe brain damage?

what kind of excuse is this

do you have brain damage already

just suck it up and use the goddamn items. use some x sp. def. and hope you don't get crit.

i have a hard time believing that a guy whose username rejects all notions of a self-imposed challenge is interested in a self-imposed challenge

I don't like playing for turns because I don't find it fun. I don't want to start an argument or anything...... Yes, I guess you could say the no items is a self-imposed challenge. Oh, and DonDon, if you always disagree with everything I say, you don't have to click on the topics I post. I don't mean that offensively, it's just an option.

Also, i'll try the shadow-ball thing. That sounds like my best bet. Thanks guys.

Edit: I decided to play both Platinum and Emerald after I beat the Elite Four, so screw the poll, I'll try to take it down.

• 2 months later...

Nevermind.  Found a use for this after all.  Where do you get fire stones in Platinum! (Other than underground)

Another thing, now. Does the insertion method for catching pokemon work? I have a firered inserted in my DS, and I can't find any Growlithe on routes 201 and 202. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Lastly, how do you get Old Amber in Platinum? Is it randomly found in the underground only, or is there some other way to get it?

how do you not know any of these things!!! these are the most obvious questions ive ever seen!!!