Pokemon Black/White 2 Ingame Tier List

Don Draper

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is VOlcarona in High? I thought you couldn't even get it until after the main story?

In B/W2 you can find a level 35 Volcarona around early-mid game I think.

I'm surprised Archen is down in bottom tier. His ability sucks but he hits hard and fast. Do a lot of trainers use priority moves now? Or is Archen just available too late? I am also going to nominate Prankster Cottonee for at least mid tier. Priority stun spore, leech seed, encore, and cotton guard make Cottonee extremely versatile as a support mon against some of the toughest foes.

>Azurill in Bottom tier

gurl u crazy

Azurill can evolve really early and it gets a great ability in Huge Power. It gets Rollout + Defense Curl at level 10, Aqua Tail at level 20, and Double Edge a few levels after that. I think Azurill is an awesome Pokemon. Yeah, he can be a pain to train, but you really only need one or two levels to evolve it. Hell, one level as a Marill and he'll already be evolving again into Azumarill, who actually has decent bulk and with Huge Power hits super hard.

Looking at Mandibuzz's base stats and movepool again, I agree with you. Dropping him to mid.

Mandibuzz is female only, but yeah. Also, I'm feeling that Volcarona can stand to drop, with its moveset being pretty lame for quite a while. . . .That said, however, I don't know what TMs will be available for it.

There's Signal Beam available to it at the Move Tutor right in Driftveil City around when you get it. Then the First Blast TM can be purchased before the 7th gym.

Plus it has 135 SpAtk, so it doesn't have to rely as much on high BP moves.

Alright.

Doing my first playthrough of Black 2, and I think Magnemite should rise.

Its an instant help against Roxie and can solo at base- I did that. It can also take out Burgh's Swadloon and Dwebble without much fuss(Leavanny is too strong for its low HP, unfortunately). Sonic boom will be a good attack on it for a long time, so that's nice. You can teach it signal beam via tutor in Driftveil city, so that combined with steel and electric moves gives a coverage of- Grass,Dark,Psychic,Flying,Water,Ice and Rock. That's awesome when you factor in the defensive parameters it acquires due to being a steel type. Then you can fully evolve it just before Skyla(and my god, the lvl leads are BIG in this game. Most trainers end up having pokemon 7 lvls higher than my team). Sure Thundershock is underwhelming for a long time, but most of the time all you'll need is Signal Beam/Flash cannon or Mirror Shot. You can replace TS with Electroweb which the move tutor teaches, or Thunder which you can buy I believe after Skyla? Dammit, I don't know where youget TMs.

Being part steel means it can handle Drayden well(except Flygon lol) and its once again good against Marlon's water types. Its also cool in the Elite 4 bar Marshall, it can wall at least two pokemon for each member. Ofc, it doesn't do that great against Iris.

That said, I don't know how much it should rise. Perhaps above Deerling, since Deerling doesn't get those amazing defensive parameters and it doesn't start off great either. Maybe Vaporeon can rise and Magnemite can be in between both, but I dunno how good Vaporeon is in this game though.

Also, the effectiveness of "prankster" Pokemon is really diminished ingame. Straight offense is usually much more effective, since it's much more efficient to just 1-2HKO a Pokemon instead of stunning, leeching, encoring and then killing it.

Seeing Archen post-game sucks... he was a surprisingly good mon in the first BW. But I will still make the case for Cottonee because it gets stun spore and leech seed so early and it makes gym leader match-ups a lot easier. Of course I don't have my hands on BW2 specifically so this is all conjecture but I just can't imagine prankster stun spore being any less effective in this game than it was in the last, since Cottonee comes back in roughly the same place. It was a major help against gym leaders and the Elite 4 just because it was able to cripple with priority. I rounded out the moveset with leech seed/giga drain/cotton guard to stall out the enemies that were otherwise outspeeding and 1/2HKOing my other Pokemon before. I guess infiltrator Cottonee is bottom tier though.

Out of curiosity, are the move tutors in this game single use or not?

The tutors, if I understand correctly, are multiple use, but they require shards to obtain those moves.

What's Golurk doing in high tier? You can't obtain one until Victory Road.

Volcarona has moveset problems, even though its stats are great. Fire Spin is your only Fire-type STAB until you get to Lv.60 (Heat Wave) or until you get 6 gym badges (Fire Blast TM at Lacunosa Town). Leech Life (lol) is its only Bug-type STAB until Lv.50's Silver Wind. I don't think that warrants Top tier. Maybe high tier though.

Volcarona has moveset problems, even though its stats are great. Fire Spin is your only Fire-type STAB until you get to Lv.60 (Heat Wave) or until you get 6 gym badges (Fire Blast TM at Lacunosa Town). Leech Life (lol) is its only Bug-type STAB until Lv.50's Silver Wind. I don't think that warrants Top tier. Maybe high tier though.

I tried to argue it down on that basis, but it didn't go over so well.

Man, Braviary is probably my newest favourite bird Pokemon behind Staraptor. I was going to use it anyway, but knowing it's the top shit is even better. How is it there, exactly?

Edit:

Pokemon within tiers are in alphabetical order for now.

Oh. Nevermind.

Edited by Raven