Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your poses, especially the action poses - you're pretty good at catching motion and your figures look rather dynamic and lively!

a general tip about your art style, I think your pictures would benefit if you upped the contrast when shading. of your last couple of pictures, the one which stands out is the nose-mask lady, the detail and depth on that one's pretty rad, and overall it looks sharp and clear, giving her an intense, sinister look.

some of your drawings look a bit bland and soft in comparison because the shading's a too close to the base color at times, you could stand being more bold when coloring.

(had the same problem with contrast before, at some point I realized that I just had to exaggerate every color I picked and crank up the saturation a tenfold. experimenting is a great feeling anyway, even if you do end up overdoing it you learn a lot about what works and not)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, my screen always makes me think I'm shading a lot more intensely than I am. I try to proof my colours on two different screens but lately I've been so busy that I haven't done anything that strong. But lately I'm trying to turn that around again. I've been working on a 3D model for some time and it's not done yet and I don't want to show it off until it's done, so I haven't posted much to any of my networks lately, but I did do some really rough coloured pieces.

tumblr_mzh0v5BCsd1qixsfqo1_500.png

tumblr_mzse8njNdE1qixsfqo1_500.png

tumblr_mzse8njNdE1qixsfqo2_r1_500.png

tumblr_mztv647CA21qixsfqo1_500.png

Yeah that's Karyna. I've been drawing her and Faizel a lot again since they are the focus of some project I'm working on (or not working on because I am currently procrastinating)

tumblr_mzx98xAYVl1qixsfqo1_r2_1280.png

tumblr_mzxnhvWjsV1qixsfqo1_500.png

tumblr_mzxl87niIT1qixsfqo1_500.png

I may be going partially insane

WIP stuff!

How I want it to look:

karyna_justbecauseican.PNG

How it actually looks to date:

karyna_modelwip04.png

Not done yet since I have to do a bunch of behind-the-scenes organizational work, but textures are my least favourite part of the process so that's kind of slowing me down too.

Ah, no, I did it completely random. Admittedly it does look a little bit like it though. I love a clear night sky but I know almost nothing about spotting constellations, though Cassiopeia and Ursa Major and Minor are a few one of the ones I do know.

• 2 weeks later...

Your smooth lines and colors are just awesome! Contrary to what others might say, I like pale-ish/pastel-y colors.

I'm trying to get better at doing colors digitally, myself. XD

I applied to the Art Institutes for Media Arts and Animation next year, so I'm learning a lot just by looking at this thread.

Thank you so much for your comments. Art school is a tough thing, whether it's fine arts or graphic design or animation and I wish I had spent more time doing learning and research myself after high school. I'm glad that some of this stuff is inspiring to people out there.

That said Twitch Plays Pokemon has been a recent obsession and I started playing Pokemon Blue again to boot, and I'm also learning Unity, so I have a mish-mash of all sorts of things going on now. Some are the usual...

tumblr_n1mos2lUPo1qixsfqo1_1280.png

Some are the insane....

[spoiler=animated gif]

tumblr_n1opo6mcZH1qixsfqo1_500.gif

And some are the topical!

tumblr_n1q71eqiqy1qixsfqo1_1280.png

Marry me

I'll cook you dinner

And fend off evildoers

And drive you to and from work

And sharpie your name on my forehead

Just don't stop this amazing artwork

Impressive as ever Samias ^^

Thank you!

Marry me

I'll cook you dinner

And fend off evildoers

And drive you to and from work

And sharpie your name on my forehead

Just don't stop this amazing artwork

You would have to fight Sean for the honour! But thanks 8D

Wow, your drawings are great!

I'm glad they aren't so pathetic.

Umm... I know English isn't your first language but that's kind of ouch for the other people who post work.

This next one is the finished colours for the Shadowrun pic I was working on, which ended up being a little more violence than usual but I don't think it's unreasoable? Mods correct me if I'm wrong and I'll just link it if it's too much.

[spoiler=blood]

tumblr_n1xrspz6eC1qixsfqo1_r1_1280.png

[spoiler=blood]

tumblr_n1xrspz6eC1qixsfqo1_r1_1280.png

I was going to say "The only thing wrong with your Shadowrun pic is not enough cyberpunk" but then I noticed the arm. I don't see any objections to that level of blood, but I am just one man.