Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

those Zero Suits..

This is literally the best thing ive seen in a while. <3

i lurves your arts!

Thanks <3

Woah your anatomy is really good! And your humor sense is great as well too!

I'm in love with that fight scene, specially how the background fits the bodies, also dat Jigglypuff lol

So, question, Regarding the Zero suit drawings, You do draw a colored outline first and then paint in a layer OVER it, right? Because it does look better than Actual outlines.

For the ZS pics, I usually start with a super rough sketch and then start painting blocks of colour on top. I might do an outlined portion and then blend in colours on top, but not always. The resulting outlined parts are usually me repainting on top of things and blending layers together when I'm nearly done. It definitely saves me time to not do any clean outlines! Here's a half-finished version of Link that kind of gives you an idea of how things are about midway through the process.

Samias is the best . Still waiting for ZS-DK though!

I got sidetracked with life and Mario Kart but I have a preview sketch here... if you're curious. Be warned, it may be etched into your dreams.

Edited by Samias

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the ZS pics, I usually start with a super rough sketch and then start painting blocks of colour on top. I might do an outlined portion and then blend in colours on top, but not always. The resulting outlined parts are usually me repainting on top of things and blending layers together when I'm nearly done. It definitely saves me time to not do any clean outlines! Here's a half-finished version of Link that kind of gives you an idea of how things are about midway through the process.

I got sidetracked with life and Mario Kart but I have a preview sketch here... if you're curious. Be warned, it may be etched into your dreams.

Thanks! I undestand now! and yeah it looks like it saves time! Bu I donno how to draw muscles correctly ye- OH GOD THAT DK D:

Edited by Zaprong

Thanks guys. I'm gonna try to do the whole cast but I get easily sidetracked. I blame ADD. I've been out of the house so often so I just ended up sketching out an old character in a new outfit. I'm pretty sure I retired Tomi before I even joined SF but since I've gotten obsessed with Shadowrun I kinda decided to "bring her back". The outfit did not turn out as I'd expected it to(?!)

tumblr_n6l0btWRry1qixsfqo1_500.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I made buttons and I'm selling them at conventions now. I just finished one but I have another one coming up on July 12th at SFU. If you're in the Vancouver area, come say hi!

Also here's a bunch of stuff I doodled at my table all weekend. I had a Whimsicott and Cordelia as well but they were sold.

tumblr_n7yvj6sZdl1qixsfqo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n7yvj6sZdl1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n7yvj6sZdl1qixsfqo3_1280.jpg

I was SO tempted to draw some fiery inferno behind Annie. She never plays with matches. I will always have a place in my heart for Annie as the first champ I ever played. I'm not great with her (or any champ for that matter, I am still a League noob and haven't played in awhile either) though le sob. But she's up there with Nami and Twisted Fate as favourites of mine.

tumblr_n8bt52KNnZ1qixsfqo1_1280.png

I actually did lineart and stuff on my Surface rather than my Cintiq. It'll do in a pinch (I was out of the house dog-sitting) but it's nice to be at home again to finish it off with a giant screen.

Not grim enough for Warhammer 40K

Anyway I have a bunch of commissions to work through right now but here are some sketches that I did while I was out of the house for reasons. I will have to find time to scan Fuuka rather than just a camera phone pic, but this picture of LTTP Link is all the record I have, since it's being sent away to a new owner in the UK.

tumblr_n8mqbtq8pZ1s8o79no1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8rwksyw4J1qixsfqo1_r1_500.jpg

More work done on commission. This one I went so overboard on I really shouldn't even think about it... But the character description I was sent was just so good, I had to make this really great.

tumblr_n97jd3Q2DZ1qixsfqo1_1280.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like it's been too long since I posted anything I finished! Aaahhhh!

So um...

Here's a WIP first.

tumblr_nbf30ta3mC1qixsfqo1_1280.png

And also of course I love drawing Sora and writing about her on her blog, though I can't help but this she's becoming more and more belligerent ha ha ha....

tumblr_ncg4ojYWkw1qixsfqo1_500.png

And my friend drew this for me!

tumblr_nbo9ycUgFm1qkf0hio1_1280.jpg

And also of course I love drawing Sora and writing about her on her blog, though I can't help but this she's becoming more and more belligerent ha ha ha....

Yep lol

But, in the very next picture there's a completely different side of her ...

@ the WIP:

I'm not really used to seeing a light source that far off to the side before. Is she on the attack or defense (seems like it could be either or)?

@ the WIP:

I'm not really used to seeing a light source that far off to the side before. Is she on the attack or defense (seems like it could be either or)?

If I get back to it anytime soon, she was summoning a bunch of magic dragon beam things behind her. But I have sooo many WIPs on my plate and so many video games to play and also job stuff and writing journals *wah* too few hours in a day aauugh.

But I finished yet another picture, one that I had given up on way back when. It'd been sitting on my portable hard drive since last time I touched it was back when I was in school. So I forced myself to draw some BGs!

tumblr_nct59z1yVO1qixsfqo1_1280.png