Samias's Art Stuff

Samias

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at home so working on my little 6x4 tablet, so while it's okay for colouring, I hate doing really precise lineart with it. But yeah, I forgot to give him a chin and he just has like, a point x_x his knee was also placed a little high so those are things I'll probably fix in the morning.

Edited by Samias

I fixed the other image so the chin and mouth are less derp. I now bring you some brand new derp! It's not quite finished yet but I might just fall over and collapse before then. Behold, another androgynous dude and a masculine demon lady.

tumblr_mhvskwLFHy1qixsfqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mhvskwLFHy1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

I hope no one is bored of my story stuff ;_; because I have more of it. I drew Marith's father thing time, as the man who sets off many an event just from the pressure he exerts on his sons. I never even bothered designing him before, which doesn't really make sense except that I typically avoid drawing people over the age of 40 and I should stop doing that.

tumblr_mi4z1nj4fF1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

tia-newoutfit.png

It's an interesting design at least. There's not a whole lot of family resemblance though so clearly you should put a pair of those clip things in his hair :lol:

Also, yikes, what is that person with the horns and the hooves?

Haha I was toying with the clips in the dad's hair but it wasn't working out. And with a circlet I just thought he looked too much like Ulfric Stormcloak so I decided against it. Their face is sooort of close aside from the facial hair. If I had the pencil sketch at home I'd show off what I had drawn. Under the cloak he's still pretty built but has succumbed to the chub.

As for the horned lady, she's a demon of the crazy type. She's the "main" villain except right now I'm having troubles thinking of how to better integrate her into the story as I go ahead and update the characters. Her outfit is disturbingly fetishy but everything about her is meant to feel chaotic and "off".

I guess he is close enough. It's not like parents and children are identical looking when a parent hits 'that age' or so, and it's not really hard to believe they're father and son, just not something I'd figure out just from the pics without being told.

Ah, see now I suspected she was just one of those more 'beast-like' succubi(good job wit the 'disturbingly fetishy outfit' in that regard).

The old dude looks a looot like that old dude in another thing/story you did, I can't recall it too well. It was like a chick and the aforementioned old man and you'd animated some key frames for it--I mean no problem here, just pointing the facial similarity out, correct me if Im wrong. Barring just yesterday (I drew the Pope retiring to become a rapper omg) I don't think I'd seriously drawn anyone over the age of 40 either :O I do really like the outift though, as soon as I looked past the face I could immediately tell there was a connection.

also I actually kinda love your story stuff, I want to know more about the world you're creating. Environments??~?

Edited by Mewiyev

I suffer at making the faces of people look different, and yeah, he does have a sort of sameface going on with a previous project except he's a little less jaunty around the cheekbones here.

The environments are something that are so hard for me to work on, since I'm such a sucker for drawing nothing but people. But the mythos behind the world is that it was once lorded over by a dictatorship of demons, until seven people with extreme magic powers went ahead and liberated their fellow humans, and ever since they have been worshipped across the lands. So magic factors heavily into the mechanics of the world and everyone is very strongly influenced by the elements. So while things have been (relatively) good times all around, there is this encroachment of demons growing in power who are looking to reclaim their place in the world. At first this is just sort a general problem that everyone is aware about but the heroes of this story get roped in deeper through various circumstances.

Some example stuff...

Marith (red hair dude) is out searching for his brother to patch things up and bring him home after some messiness about who takes over for their aging father. He encounters a man with a mask who has a demonic presence but is unmistakably familiar. Marith goes into a bit of a denial state while chasing after this man across the country, even though he doesn't have the power to win against him. This is the starting point of the story, where Marith loses in combat once again and finds himself saved by a wandering priestess.

Katrin (white haired girl) is the aforementioned priestess, out on a pilgrimage to empower herself and return to her mountain village to help her people weather through the harsh winters. Despite her youth, she's level-headed and mature, and has an abundance of will and courage. Even though she has no relation to Marith, she has a lot of empathy towards his problems and vows to help him out, even though it sidetracks her from her own goals. Despite her cute and modest appearance she's anything but meek. But when the journey is done she knows she has a duty to return to and there's more to the world than just her own wants.

Juno (androgynous dark haired guy) is in a pickle as he's left penniless and destitute and with incomplete education from the master who abandoned him. When he overhears that Marith and Katrin are running around chasing an infamous villain, Juno begs to come along (so long as all his travel expenses are covered). He claims to be one thing but he hates to divulge where he came from and what the heck he's doing and he's in love with Marith and his big muscular arms. Despite his initial shiftiness Marith ends up trusting him as his BFF.

Freem (blue outfit guy) is a bard. Arwik (lightning hair guy) is learning how to teleport as a protector of the shrines of the ancient heroes. Hotaru (purple outfit girl) is a young guardian of a temple in a windy mountain valley. They need help as characters who I haven't developed so much ;_;

There's a lot of shrines and temples devoted to the ancient heroes. I'm currently revamping Marith's hometown of Twinfires. I've sort of mixed aspects of India and Turkey (so random :C) as far as clothing is designed, and I have a crapload of reference of Buddhist temples for the architecture of their local temple. For environments I definitely have to piecemeal together a LOT of reference especially if this ever materializes beyond just designs and storyboards.

Also, so this isn't just a whole lot of text, I drew Marith and Katrin in a sickeningly saccharine Valentine's thing.

tumblr_mi8ld7zsHI1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

I didn't know you had green hair. Awesome :awesome:

The magey garbs are pretty awesome too, and there's nothing like a nice pair of boots to hold up the rest of the outfit. I kinda like Katrin's boots better though, at least in the sig.

I just drew the boots Miriel wears though if anything I should have drawn them like the lace-ups she wears in her usual outfit. I don't look like that personally but Xyra is essentially my internet persona after years and years of playing Ragnarok. And I drew my in-game and real life lover to go along with her. He's a big brawny warrior of course!

finrod-fireemblem.jpg

@ Xyra

Ah I figured. (Not enough people IRL have green hair though)

@ Big Brawny Warrior

Does he have a name? If not, I'm going with 'Big Brawny Warrior' lol. Also what was that drawn with/how? Looks a bit different from the usual.

Brawny warrior's name is Finrod. He's pretty well known in Ragnarok, moreso than I was, since he wrote some character guides and had played since beta in many large guilds. I have a headgear I designed in-game and it's one of the most popular and effective gears, but not as many people know me as a player. True story: We met one fateful day in the town of Morroc, and he wanted to join my guild because of my guild logo featuring boobs of this monster.

I'm kinda dying under the weight of school work right now ;_; so I have a bunch of WIP stuff.

tumblr_mip852VcGD1qixsfqo1_500.jpg

marith-turnaround-roughwcorrections.jpg

True story: We met one fateful day in the town of Morroc, and he wanted to join my guild because of my guild logo featuring boobs of this monster.

Snrkkkkkk.

@ Sign central

Hey it's that girl with the capris. What's she up to?

@ Bread head(I forgot his name, sorry)

His ass has an awful lot of emphasis in that back shot lol, maybe it's just the red lines.

Ahaha I think when I draw from the back I just really want to accentuate butts XD Capri girl was just the most logical add-in who had simple colours that I wanted to play around with.

I HAVE BEEN SWAMPED WITH WORK SO HERE'S THE MEAGRE STUFF I CAN SHOW OFF ;__;

tumblr_miymn3It9E1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_miwur5ZKyR1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_miv01tOBth1qixsfqo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mitarg7vSU1qixsfqo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Samias

Yeah I loved drawing them. I just went I WANNA DRAW SOMEONE FAT. Eventually I want to do something else with them, but in a different artstyle to show I can be diverse.

Oh totally. I'd really like to try different body types too, it's a shame that it's so easy to fall into drawing pretty people all the time.

Also just realized I missed a post above this one, I like that Tokyo-esque environment there. The lack of hard edges makes it a bit hard to pick out whether or not the perspective is correct, something does seem a little off but egh environments are stupid and they suck. The lighting looks great on the figure. I like the turnaround of Marith too, I read over your story thing again and was wondering if the armored version of him has any of those Indian/Turkish influences? I see it in that image where he's in a robe with Katrin--just a really cool place to reference. World building sounds like a really really stressful blast haha.

Layout stuff: Yeah my teacher said the same thing about a lack of hard edges. It's very soft and mushy right now. Backgrounds are like my #1 weakness and they take me ages to do.

Character: Nah, the armor is so Fire Emblem inspired with a little Golden Sun for good measure. Ironically my slight redesign resembles the cavaliers from Awakening? That wasn't even intentional! But I like his character a lot. He's out there working hard and being honest with himself and still manages to lose sight of what he was doing. He's very emotional about his journey and there's a lot of frustration when he thinks he's not covering enough ground. Anyhoo, new art time!

tumblr_mj061a3lDk1qixsfqo1_r1_500.png

This is for a t-shirt. Our theme was Gravity Falls and we all drew ourselves. I sorta kinda look like this... sort of. Not really.

Edited by Samias

And I've giggled myself into a ball of feathers for the third or fourth time this week. By the way I really like Juno's shading, especially the hair and the cloak. I don't know who the girl with the green hair is(the latest one, not Xyra), but her arms are really long. They seem to come down to just below her knees or so. Is that intentional?