Fire Emblem: High Movement

Xaltago

Hey guys and gals of Serenes Forest,

After some searching I came up with a simple idea that I hope is somewhat original:

Fire Emblem: High Movement!

or Pony Emblem: Movement is Magic. Whichever.

This is based on FE7 and basically everyone has the movement of Cavalry/Paladins. Yes, even the Knights/Generals.

Note that this includes enemies, and such units as Brigands, Bards, Dancers, and Soldiers have 7 MOV.

I have tentative plans to make a low movement counterpart (in which everyone would have either regular ground movement or even Knight/General movement).

[spoiler=The Download]Fire Emblem: High Movement v1

If you find any bugs just tell me. =)

I'm sure you'll have fun if you try it out.

(If this shouldn't be here or something is wrong just say so and I'll fix that too.)

~Xaltago

Make the enemies stronger overall.

Lol, Everyone's got high move, and suddenly units and suddenly Raven, Dart, Bartre, Oswin, and Hawkeye and Pent and Harken become top tier.

You're missing the point of the hack. It's a fun little gimmick, if nothing else. Why should he tack on anything else to it?

Do the units in this hack all get to have Canto? That would make for some crazy rescue chains and further ruin the advantages of the lucky mounted people. also everyone should be able to fly

Slighty off topic, but oh man if this was for FE4 it would be a godsend. Arden would be like an unpromoted great knight. Then, I could assign Alec castle guard duty out of revenge! :awesome:

Edited by SRC

What about terrain penalties?

None. That and stats are what they're supposed to work off of.

what is the point of this

For fun and science.

giving dondon orgasms

Eww...

are you sure you're not a dondon gimmick.

Should I be? =x

Lol, Everyone's got high move, and suddenly units and suddenly Raven, Dart, Bartre, Oswin, and Hawkeye and Pent and Harken become top tier.

\/ \/ \/

You're missing the point of the hack. It's a fun little gimmick, if nothing else. Why should he tack on anything else to it?

Do the units in this hack all get to have Canto? That would make for some crazy rescue chains and further ruin the advantages of the lucky mounted people. also everyone should be able to fly

Slighty off topic, but oh man if this was for FE4 it would be a godsend. Arden would be like an unpromoted great knight. Then, I could assign Alec castle guard duty out of revenge! :awesome:

Nope, only people with ponies/peggies can move again and only pegs can fly (that would be a little much I think). Everyone else just put on Boots pretty much (so whoever gets the in-game Boots will have 9 or 10 movement).

I've never played FE4, but I've read it's mostly horses and such and has huge maps. I suppose this kinda thing would be cool ('course I'm not touching SNES. GBA only, thanks).

Mekkah had this fun little Sacred Stone hack where everyone was a flying dancer with overpowered 1-2 and 3-10 range swords and virtually unlimited movement. Was able to 1 turn even the annoying rout maps.

Except the Gorgon egg map.

I also made a hack where everyone could fly, but while mounted units could move further, unmounted units got terrain boosts. But these kind of hacks generally aren't meant to be released like this, they're just little gimmicks that you play.

• 1 month later...

>Lowen sucks more due to other earlygamers getting 7 move.

>Serra, BEcca, Wil, Nino, and other mediocre units become worse.( Serra gets clobbered on EP if she attempts to heal, Archers get mauled, and Nino is lol for training.)

>Dart/Raven/Oswin are godly, and PEnt/HArken/Geitz/Hawkeye became even more bro.

>Units that were good due to high move are now kinda bleh (Rath, Prissy, Isadora,) I guess Prissy is still good due to high move healing and being more durable than Serra. (No, not a crashbait post)

Sorry if this is a necro, but it's a pretty fun although wacky hack.