Do you get mad when someone spoils something for you?

Gold Vanguard

Like when your at the movies and theres someone who spoils at certain event or when ur on the internet and someone post a spoilers with the spoilers tag Also I won't be making any more topics for a while since I made so many.

It sometimes makes it more interesting, but i t can be annoying specially if you haven't looked at anything just to not spoil yourself.

Sometimes it's interesting. When you know something is going to happen, you anticipate when it's going to happen if you haven't seen it yet. I'm like "oh God when is x character going to die" or something like that.

Yes, and a particular friend of mine loves doing it for some reason.

He is getting into Game of Thrones. I am going to wait a bit longer, until he inevitably announces his love for it, and then drop a spoiler bomb the likes of which man has never seen. It will be glorious.

Glorious.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

http://www.cracked.com/video_18441_that-guy-who-spoils-every-tv-show-warning-spoilers

Talk about uncanny. I guess I'll add that the reason I really hate any type of spoiler is because I have a really good contextual memory. If certain things align, I'll remember everything else--if even one part of a spoiler starts to piece into the show, it'll come back from my unconscious. It's great for memorizing shit like directions; not great for some overt spoiler I'm gonna see a mile away.

For example, I just recalled a spoiler from FE13 about Krom's sister, that ten seconds ago, I didn't remember shit about. All it took was remembering sister + spoiler + please don't let me remember = goddammit

Depends on what's being spoiled. If it's major plot points or plot twists, then yeah, I will be a little disappointed. Every now and then it's fine, like when I started watching Dr. Who I ran into some spoilers, but it only made things more interesting, as I started wondering what could possibly happen to lead up to the point that was spoiled for me.

Link's no good.

Depends.

FE13's story? Nope, please don't tell me.

Movie I care enough to see, or am CURRENTLY watching (like at a theater)? Please shut the fuck up about it (if it's one that I want to see, I'll walk away from the group talking about it in a kindly matter).

Who Paris is in FE13? PLEASE TELL ME ALL AVAILABLE INFO.

Full plot of a book? Uh...don't mind. I don't like fiction much, anyway. Nonfiction all the way, baby! :D

Story line of any video game? I'll look it up myself if I want to know ahead of time.

TV shows? I don't really watch TV, but currently I'm hooked on Breaking Bad (beginning of 4th season for those who care). I really don't want to hear any spoilers about it.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

He is getting into Game of Thrones. I am going to wait a bit longer, until he inevitably announces his love for it, and then drop a spoiler bomb the likes of which man has never seen. It will be glorious.

Glorious.

[spoiler=ASOIAF Book Seven Spoiler]Tyrion kills Ned with the Red Wedding, and then it turns out they're both Targaryens.

I'm pretty lax about spoilers; I mostly just don't want to hear about the ending to anything, but I won't get really upset if someone spoils things that isn't the ending.

I do, however, have a really bad habit of spoiling people, even though I don't mean to do it.

I do, however, have a really bad habit of spoiling people, even though I don't mean to do it.

I think it might just be me! Don't worry, I forget after a while.

Yes I do. However, I have spoiled things for myself to turnout for the better. If I'm going to spoiler something I give the person a heads up and ask them if they want me to spoiler it for them.

Glorious.

LOOOOOL! Luckily, no one has spoilered me on those books/show. Otherwise, death would ensue. However, if my friend (the Lord of Spoiling All The Things) had been watching it, he'd get so much of a spoiler bomb, he would cry in his coffee.

[spoiler=ASOIAF Book Seven Spoiler]Tyrion kills Ned with the Red Wedding, and then it turns out they're both Targaryens.

TEEHEE

I hate getting spoilered when its something that i really want to get involved in. (like ASoIaF, etc) Because ill be all into it and wanting to experience it fresh and then someone drops the spoiler bomb and im like "You asshole!" Someone did that with the whole Dumbledore thing in Harry Potter and i hated her for it. My friend (Lord of Spoilering All The Things) dropped the spoiler bomb about Sheik being Zelda in OoT way back when the game was still new. He thought i had i finished it but i had not. He felt my wrath. Still doesnt stop him from spoiling junk. Luckily, he is rarely into the same junk i am (aside from a few movies and games) so he cant drop the bomb too hard on my head now.

Sometimes its really hard NOT to drop spoiler bombs when it comes to some things. Take Game of Thrones...oh man. I am almost half way through the fourth book in that series and spoiler bombs happen so much in the third book. But everyone i know (save for some folks on the interwebz) hadnt read the books and im all "DEAGH! MUST. TALK. ABOUT. SPOILERS!" and its hard. I dont wanna spoil those who havent though because omg stuff happens. Its too cruel to spoil.

Sometimes i dont care though. People drop spoiler bombs about Legend of Korra all the time and im all "yeah...havent watch much of that." and they are all "OMG IM SO SORRY FOR SPOILER!" and im like "lol dont worry about it." Because some things, i dont care about being spoiled or not.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

I'm a horrible enough person that it sometimes takes spoiling something huge for myself to decide whether or not something seems interesting enough to care about. I don't really care for spoilers a whole lot, actually, because it'll probably be way better with all the context of the event anyways. Though, I do sometimes wish I had just shut up and watched/read whatever to begin with so I could find out those awesome things happen when they happen.

Spoilers?

Meh. I don't care if something is spoiled or whatever. I give a big enough damn I'll finish whatever it was that was spoiled regardless.

Personally, what annoys me is the opposite!

Sometimes I'll ask someone who's played a particular thing to spoil something for me, and it really pisses me off if they refuse. Ahem, excuse me but I ASKED you to tell me! Gah, it makes me wanna tear off their head like that guy in Mortal Kombat...

Personally, what annoys me is the opposite!

Sometimes I'll ask someone who's played a particular thing to spoil something for me, and it really pisses me off if they refuse. Ahem, excuse me but I ASKED you to tell me! Gah, it makes me wanna tear off their head like that guy in Mortal Kombat...

LOL, I think just about every character in Mortal Kombat can tear off their opponents' head.