[FE7]Draft Tier List and Character Discussion

PKL

Does Raven really not ORKO Snags in Ch. 19? Hm... I guess he does need to gain 3 Strength in 2 chapters so that seems pretty unlikely. There's also the fact that like Dorcas and Guy, Raven pushes us towards Jerme. But yeah.

I am pretty sure that Priscilla doesn't save any turns prior to Pent. She has no combat and half the time healing will just get in the way because it will draw enemy attention, so at best it would be carting someone somewhere.

@Refa: Erk does help out before Pent shows up though. He's very useful in Living Legend, for example.

Lucius also has a better Staff rank after promoting (C vs. E) and thus has a much easier time getting to Warp.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had a problem with Erk's staff rank thanks to the free defend/gaiden chapters. Maybe I'm wrong about Priscilla, I think the last time I had her I had Pent as well so...

matthew should drop quite a bit, you get a chest key in chapter 17 and he's free to get promo items anyway, and he might as well be redundant after dread isle or earlier combat wise.

Pent can drop as well, there's no difference between him and erk except erk has existed for way longer. erk ORKO's enemies all the same enemies that pent does anyway, even if pents stats are possibly better. Same goes for lucius canas etc except lucius may cost turns and canas comes slightly later

lucius's staff rank is irrelavant because they all hit warp easily anyway

i'd have to think a bit more on where they'd go though.

and priscilla can drop to like right above serra since all they do is take up space until they promote then they have useless combat, and their warp range isn't even that great.

Edited by General Horace

Why is Hawkeye this low, just let him have a speedwing/Brave Axe and he's solid.

Also, tanking, high res, good bases(Except for that speed, but lolfe7 enemy AS by the time Hawkeye comes), and his terrainwalk.

Yeah, he's got 6 move and 16 con, but he's not capable of being that low.

He can do whatever Dart does when they both exist, except for being Ferried to the frontlines.

But UNLIKE Dart, he's durable.

Also, Renault>Nino.

Some changes:

Eliwood dropped to below Oswin

Lucius>Pent

Erk>Isadora

Canas>Isadora

Rath dropped to below Dart

Matthew dropped to below Rath's new spot

Priscilla dropped to below Dart

Dorcas should rise.

He's almost equal to Oswin in earlygame combat, except minus the durability and shitty move.

He does have axes, eventual bows, and can promoted by ch17x/18 for one shotting crap with specialized axes, and maybe steel bow use by ch26.

Also, what the hell is he doing under freaking Serra?

He's probobly the one hero crest user worth drafting, because good bases and 1-2RKOing early Armours.

Oh, and with the use of a speedwing or two throughout the game, he's pretty good.

I mean, who else wants the wing, Heath/Lowen/Hawkeye/Bartre?

Heath doesn't really need it if he's training in desert with spear+PW.

Lowen, maybe, but he's normally doubling in HNM.

HAwkeye can have the brave axe instead.

Bartre-

multiple hero crest users should never be on the same team IMO.

I mean, who else wants it?

Vaida maybe, but she arrives so late, may as well hand her the 28x one.

Athos maybe, IDK.

But I believe that Dorcas should rise, due to earlygame+good bases.

20% spd growth is workable, and speedwings exist.

20% Speed growth is far from workable. The Speedwings require you to draft Matthew and Serra is a potential warper. Dorca's earlygame combat is far from being comparable to Oswin. Too lazy to dig up numbers right now, but Oswin is like 10HKO'd while Dorcas is 3-4HKO'd. Oswin OHKOs snags while Dorcas cant. And the move disadvantage isnt even that bad in earlygame because of what Oswin/Dorca's role is.

Speaking of Oswin, what's so great about him that warrants picking him over Erk (or even people lower in mid tier like Raven)? Obviously he's insanely durable but at about halfway through the game so is everyone else, and his move and bosskilling abilities are lackluster

Speaking of Oswin, what's so great about him that warrants picking him over Erk (or even people lower in mid tier like Raven)? Obviously he's insanely durable but at about halfway through the game so is everyone else, and his move and bosskilling abilities are lackluster

I've never drafted Oswin, but I think that if you can draft a mount that can ferry him to places as well, then he's still worth having around. And his earlygame contributions are worth that much, perhaps.

he is probably a bit high, but he's great in chapter 12 and 14, and can even soak up a lot of exp in chapter 14 that would have otherwise gone into marcus, but yeah, he's probably too high. He's pretty useless once New Resolve hits.

Are we also assuming Lyn Mode being used? Because if yes, Sain and Kent should rise, especially Sain. Even though Fiora ferries and flies, Sain/Kent can take Wallace's Knight Crest and join early and promoted.

Yeah, I probably overrated Oswin. Hes good, but probaly not high tier material.

@Laurence- never assume Lyn mode in drafts. Lyn mode drafts are bad :p.

Haha very true. I just remember the FE7 drafts I've done included LHM.

Anyway, it may be possible to move Sain over Fiora. Statistically he's the better of the Cavalier duo, especially with a few Speed Procs, which he can get. He's second in line for a Knight Crest, maybe even first depending on Oswin's status. He becomes a second Marcus after promotion and is probably the best mounted unit besides Florina. He also has four and a half more chapters than Fiora (16, 17, 17x, 18, the first part of 19). 16 he has a slow start because damn forests, but 17-18 he has clear and full movement, and he can probably take a sword and eliminate the pirates on the right side of the map.

-Low-

Serra

Dorcas

Hawkeye

Guy

Louise

Jaffar

Harken

Legault

Rebecca

Vaida

Bartre/Karla

Wil

Seriously, how is she this high, when Dorcas can do almost everything Oswin does earlygame-except for the getting 12RKO'd part.

And after ch17, Oswin starts petering out-even with promotion, while Dorcas can be a Warrior by pirate ship and have powerful Bow chip or smash Armours and the occasional OHKO on squishies with a steel axe.

Serra gets..........eventual warp.............but it takes her forever to promote and at 10/1 she's got Renaults magic or worse.

dorcas also has poor hit at 1-2 range, and is absolutely useless against sword users forever. Oswin still has some ORKO'ing power after promotion, and Oswin is faster than dorcas after they both promote. Oswin might even double cavaliers!

And it takes Dorcas a LONG time to catch up to Oswin in strength, so whatever Dorcas can do, Oswin can as well. The 1 move difference isn't as bad as people make it seem.

Yeah, but under SERRA?

THe staffbot with shit magic base, slow levelling, low move, and mediocre magic growth?

I can see Oswin>Dorcas, but not Serra>Dorcas.

Also, Bows can help with swordies, to a point

Edited by Sharpy

Haha very true. I just remember the FE7 drafts I've done included LHM.

Anyway, it may be possible to move Sain over Fiora. Statistically he's the better of the Cavalier duo, especially with a few Speed Procs, which he can get. He's second in line for a Knight Crest, maybe even first depending on Oswin's status. He becomes a second Marcus after promotion and is probably the best mounted unit besides Florina. He also has four and a half more chapters than Fiora (16, 17, 17x, 18, the first part of 19). 16 he has a slow start because damn forests, but 17-18 he has clear and full movement, and he can probably take a sword and eliminate the pirates on the right side of the map.

You might be right. He has 4 more chapters on Fiora. While Fiora's flight gives her an advantage in 19x, 23, 25, 27, 29 and 32...Sain is also no slouch and can save a bunch of turns early on. Its tied imo.

Seriously, how is she this high, when Dorcas can do almost everything Oswin does earlygame-except for the getting 12RKO'd part.

And after ch17, Oswin starts petering out-even with promotion, while Dorcas can be a Warrior by pirate ship and have powerful Bow chip or smash Armours and the occasional OHKO on squishies with a steel axe.

Serra gets..........eventual warp.............but it takes her forever to promote and at 10/1 she's got Renaults magic or worse.

Yeah, but under SERRA?

THe staffbot with shit magic base, slow levelling, low move, and mediocre magic growth?

I can see Oswin>Dorcas, but not Serra>Dorcas.

Also, Bows can help with swordies, to a point

Fine, Serra below Dorcas. I still dont think hes good at all though. After earlygame, hes basically useless.

serra should not be below dorcas at all

dorcas forces the horror that is jerme's map (where dorcas coincidentally doensn't help much) and serra forces the much easier kenneth map and warps, which is more than dorcas can dream of without his negative affect on turncounts