The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team Challenge!

BBM

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get only one chance at the personality test?

• Yes
    • No, we should get 3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress Update the !st.

I have completed Mt. Steel so far, Skarmory was a complete joke, it never even got to attack. Before doing Mt. Steel though, I did my usual PMD-style stalling, as in I do some job requests and stuff until I don't see anything good/I want in the rewards for completing them, AKA no mention of Reviver Seeds. I know I said in the Chat that I wouldn't use a Mail-Generator for items or whatnot, but I am going to use it just once, to get me a pair of X-Ray Specs, which is my favorite hold item. For reference, it lets me see where all of the Pokemon and items are on the floor, but it doesn't show me things like floor layouts or where the stairs are, so it is just a thing to pretty much dodge enemies and gather items. I'm just getting them right after Skarmory rather than during Magma Cavern. Anyway, my partner and I are at the standard level 10 stats for Mudkip and Charmander respectively. Oh yeah, and Magnemite has been named Richard. I also got some extra useful items from the X-Ray Specs thing like a gummi and a Power Band, but I threw those out, considering I can get them in a couple dungeons anyway, all I wanted were the Specs. Got an Aron, named it Jonathan.

Edited by Konnor97

I answered all of the questions without looking at what I was picking for the extra randomness.

Got Cyndaquil and picked Chikorita as my partner, who's now named Cherish thanks to a random word generator. Then I asked my little brother to give me a random name and he said Will so Will it is.

pokemonmysterydungeonre.png

Damn right.

Been playing through on cart. I should be just before Sinister Woods if I remember correctly. Rescue team SERIOUS contains the members SB (Squirtle), Breeze (Cyndaquil), Refa (Magnemite) and Shin (The sleeping Zigzagoon). Haven't had much trouble so far, I'm just making an attempt to hoard reviver seeds and the likes for the outcast section of the game.

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_-_Red_Rescue_Team_01.png

Totally not selfish of me at all!

For the record, I got Meowth as my Hero and Bulbasaur as my partner.

TEAM:

Kanbei-Meowth

Hanbei-Bulbasaur

yes I'm too lazy to think of names so I let Pokemon Conquest do the work for me.

This is a start anytime kind of thing, so no one's too late and the list isn't too long.

I'd love to start this, but I need to finish up the rest of DoG's mugs first.

God damnit, multi hit moves are OP as fuck in PMD. A Beedrill took me down with one Fury Attack when I was at full health in Silent Chasm B9F.

?5??P PRSmale6??? female!4?6

?W??? ?M43+?F? ?HRP?

??0?K 67??7Q?? ROJN?

If that's not right, someone tell me. "male" refers to the male gender sign, and "female" refers to the female gender sign. Honestly, I could restart the dungeon and redo it in the time that it'll take someone to rescue me, but hey, this was what this was all supposed to be about, right? Us bailing each other out?

I'm on my way BBM. Okay, you are good to go. I hate how they spawn monster houses once you get into the room where the person that you are rescuing died. A-OK Password is

?5?PPPP?male6??9S!4?6

?WM?H?M53+?FM?HRP?

?+0?K67??7Q2?ROJN?

Tell me if this doesn't work.

Edited by Konnor97

OKAY GUYS ITS PERSONALITY QUIZ TIME

#1. There's an alien invasion! What will you do? Run, Fight, or Ignore it?

Aliens are our friends! I'd never hurt them or ignore their feelings!

#2. The road forks right and left. You are told there is treasure on the right side. Which way will you go? Instantly right, It's a trap! Go left, or Choose either side?

Treasure is for greedy geese!

#3. When the going gets tough, do you get going? Yes, or No?

I go with the flow~

#4. Do you like pranks? Yes, or No?

Do I!

#5. Do you hate to be the last person to leave class at the end of the day? Yes, or No?

I don't really mind. I'm getting asian-level grades either way~

#6. Can you go into a haunted house? No problem, Uh... N-No..., or With someone I like?

Haunted houses just SCREAM romance! Get it? Get it...?

#7 Are you always late for school or meetings? Yes, or No?

Nope! I'm as punctual as a... a... a penguin!

#8. Do you like groan-inducing puns? Love them, A little, or Spare me?

Many people have GROAN to love my puns!

#9. Are you a boy or a girl?

BOY BOYBOY

You appear to be...

The brave type.

NOPE.

You have a strong sense of justice.

You hate evil.

You will take on any opponent.

NOPE

You are truly a hero!

Go forth!

For justice...

For peace on earth...

Fight the forces of evil!

NOPE

Oh, wait, I have to. Eh!

A brave person like you should be... a Machop!

Oh, that's pretty cool.

Edited by Esme

The Shin saga continues! I even fix it so I can save!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_10-1.png

No! My immortal enemy!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_13-1.png

DEAD END.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_14-1.png

THIS GAME CHEATS.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_15-1.png

And that's why Magnemite should not do it with each other!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_17-1.png

CAPS LOCK CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_19-1.pngPokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_20-1.png

Because I live in a green void!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_28-1.png

I am the greatest!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_36-1.png

You could help you know, I'm sure you're pretty tough.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_39-1.png

It's entirely possible that Skarmory is just a jerk.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_40-1.png

Killed in two turns... woo!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_44-1.png

Now those are some kinky Magnemite.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_45-1.png

The lines that follow are better.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_47-1.png

I pretend these guys sound like Daleks.

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_49-1.png

Yes!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_52-1.png

Horniest pokemon ever!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_53-1.pngPokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_57-1.png

Jerk!

PokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_63-1.pngPokemonMysteryDungeon-RedRescueTeam_64-1.png

HAPPY ENDING!

It all started when Professor PicKLe got into pokemon all over again, and the main cast were all assembled in this room for half-assed plot related reasons.

Then an explosion occured and the cast was thrown into another world.

This is a story, centering on the first Folgore Green.

So, the mysterious voice talked to him, and announced him as jolly and stuck him in the body of a Squirtle.

"Oh well, it's got a fridge with soda in here; So this is how cartoon animals stockpile soda. I've always wondered how Snoopy does it in that doghouse.." muttered Harpoon, as he fell asleep before landing in THE WORLD OF POKEMON DUNGEON!

"Hey wake up, I have no hands, and I can't fine "ADULT COMICS"

Said a very angry Torchic as he clawed Harpoons face.

So if I play on emulator, I'l only save state when I have the option to save ie: mid point of dungeons like Mt. Thunder. Is this okay?

...well crap

ive been save stating like a madman

...well i really only save stated before a dungeon testing to see whether im prepared, but that would still go under to category of cheating.

also, and i shall admit this, i said yes to get a bail, but i didnt get any password so i didnt know what to do

Not very eventful up through MT Steel, Machop is a tricky person to be.. nearly died like 5 times [got lucky in most of those cases] I'll post pictures in the NEXT update though, just letting you know i'm through Mt Steel

I'll do the next progress update when I finish Mt. Thunder. I am currently trying to get my Reviver Seed collection back up, because Silent Chasm and BBM's rescue ate them all up. Also for future reference, I am not going to be noting new Pokemon additions to my team unless they are important or whatever. In other news, Zapdos is going to suck, I have a Water type partner and no access to cool things like Ice Beam or Attract, so I might have my first big death there.

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_-_Red_Rescue_Team_03.png

Team Meanies: Grade A Failures

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_-_Red_Rescue_Team_04.png

We all know what Hanbei was going to say right? :P

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_-_Red_Rescue_Team_05.png

We Will be heroes! We can change the world if we try!

Edited by Shadowbreeze64

"Hey wake up, I have no hands, and I can't fine "ADULT COMICS"

Said a very angry Torchic as he clawed Harpoons face.

oh gog

I literally bursted out laughing in my room. xU

Meanwhile, on The Real Housewives of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon...

Igor the Machop-- a lonely, half-drunk, Pokemon-turned-human dude --tries to get over his awful hangover after a night in the Gaiabar, an underground bar hosted by Onyx the Onix. He is soon found lying in the woods by a stranger, a Chikorita who goes by the name Couscous.

"HEY." Her loud voice rings in his ears.

"I SAID HEY, YOU DICKHEAD. GET OFF MY CELLPHONE! IT'S GONNA BREAK IF YOU KEEP LEAVING YOUR FAT ASS ON IT."

Igor, still fighting his hangover, absentmindedly moves over and groans in agony. Chikorita ignores it while she taps away at her cellphone. It's her stupid boyfriend, Jon-Jon. He's so stupid, and dumb, and hopelessly in love, and sexy, and hot, but she still hangs with him anyway because free food and shit. SO ANYWAY, as she tip-taps away at her cellphone, she begins to notice Igor's intense moaning. It's gotten louder and deeper since a few minutes ago and she's beginning to get worried.

"I guess I can't just leave this guy here to die. Pokemon these days are getting cray-cray and they'd probably eat him since he's so defenseless." She sighs heavily and picks him up, placing his back upon a nearby tree. She then slaps his face with her head-leaf.

"Hey, get up. Get up... GET UP YOU SACK OF CRAP!" She slaps him harder.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET UP! I HAVE IMPORTANT GIRLFRIEND THINGS TO DO." She says as she unleashes one more fell slap. Igor finally wakes up.

"Oh my g... gwuh... gugh... I... did... nnn... u-u... con... CONNNN... du... guh...." He mumbles very incoherent sentences.

"Oh god, it's worse than I imagined. He's, like, mentally damaged or something. Ugh, what to do, what to do..." Couscous goes to the nearby lake and grabs some lake water and throws it in Igor's face, hoping to free him from his daze. It works, and Igor can finally speak like a normal Pokemon. Although he's still a bit sluggish when talking, that could just be normal for him, or he's probably a heavy Sleep Seed smoker. Who knows?

"Ugh... god... GODDAMNIT!" He yells, "My head is pounding! Shit!"

Couscous snarkily replies, "Hah, you only had two Dopey Seed shakes! You're such a lightweight."

Igor, greatly embarrassed, replies, "Sh-Shut up!"

No seriously.

That's all said.

"So, dude, what's your name? I mean, I have to call you something, right?"

Yes, she does. It'd just be awkward to call Igor "dude" or "that guy" all the time.

So he then tells the Chikorita his name. "It's Igor."

"Igor?" She guffaws, "Oh wow, your parents must've HATED you! Oh god! Well, anyway, I'm Couscous. Nice to meet you."

Igor is now pissed, but what use would it be to strike some lady you hardly know? Sure, she's uppity... but still!

Suddenly, a Butterfree appears to the two strangers. "U GUYZ I NO HAVE MY BBY HE LOST IN CHASM WHATEVER THAT IS LIKE GROUND CRACK OR SOMETHING GO GET HIM!!!" Obviously overdosed on Dopey Seeds, the Butterfree zips back and forth, bumping into trees.

"Damn, lady. Calm your tits, we'll get your kid back." Says Couscous.

Wait a minute..., Thinks Igor, We? Does she mean me as well?

While he questions the situation, Couscous speaks to him. "C'mon, get on your feet. I ain't saving SHIT by myself, so you'd better get the hell up and help me." Igor is suddenly hoisted up by her oddly plump yet muscular arms and dragged away to the general direction of where the chasm was said to be located. As they venture sluggishly through the depths of the chasm, various cute forest creatures attack them in horrible, blind rages. Fortunately, Igor and Couscous know how to hit people, and so they do until they reach the end, where they find Butterfree's son, Caterpie.

"omg u guyz r here! omg I wuz so scurrred! tnx u!"

"Tnx? What? Ugh..." Couscous sighs and carries the baby Caterpie on her back. "I better get an award for this." She says under her breath.

When they arrive at the spot where the two first met the Butterfree, the little Caterpie baby squeals. Suddenly, her mother swoops down from the top of a tree and catches her child, while at the same time knocking Couscous down to the ground.

"GODDAMNIT LADY, WATCH IT!" She yells as she rubs her know-bruised backside.

The butterfree mom speaks in a very rushed, unintelligible manner, and throws a few berries at Couscous' feet. They can only assume that this is their payment.

"What the... That's it?!" The oh-so-ungrateful Couscous exclaims, "All we get is a few crappy berries? Shit, I should've just haggled with her, or maybe hold the baby ransom for like 5000 Poke or something."

The hell?! Thinks igor, Did she seriously just say that?! How fucked up is this lady?

Couscous looks over to Igor, "So... I guess this is where we part? Oh wait, let me guess, you don't HAVE a home." Before she says anything else, Igor interrupts and tells her his history. He's actually a very successful businessman from a faraway land. Apparently, he used to be a human, but was turned into a Pokemon. He decided that it could be a great change of pace for his life and decided to stay. He actually enjoyed being a Pokemon much more than he did a human, mostly because he could do whatever he wanted. Before he ended, Igor also mention how he was at the Gaiabar when he met a pretty great guy and had two drinks with him, but he now guesses that the drinks were drugged because before he knew it, he was asleep and then woke up here in the clearing feeling gravely ill.

"Wow." Commented Couscous, "That's a pretty crazy story, but I don't believe most of it." Igor was surprised at her comment. After all, what was there to not believe?

"It's just... I can't believe how a human can just suddenly turn into a Pokemon and be totally okay with that." Igor was going to say something, but Couscous interrupted

"Ah, who cares. Since you've got nowhere to stay, you can hang out at my place. My bf, Jon-Jon, is at his parent's place for the month. Even if he were here, though, I'm sure he'd let you stay anyway."

There was a long, slightly awkward pause.

"...Uh... let's go." said Couscous.

And then, a great friendship began to simmer like a delicious, creamy potato soup.

Edited by Esme