Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

I'd just like to point out I don't like that wagon on Aere atm. I don't even know why you're jumping to the conclusion he's scum- its believable if he jumps on someone and thinks he's scum- he's relatively new to this game now.

##Unvote

##Vote: Snike

Can't exactly say I find your reasoning for voting Aere legit.

Also if you guys keep prodding other to give their reads, I'd just like to point out that everyone is doing the same thing- they want others to give their reads. AND its about the same people with similar reasons. How do you expect me to get a read on someone?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay i'm pulling a bad move but i think ether might be scum

just cause he is subbing out and not posting you think Ether is scum?

Technically on SF, members of the mafia sub out more often than members of the town. Trying to determine anything from someone subbing is questionable though.

Dislike this exchange from Kaoz. Why would you hold onto your reads, or in other words, why aren't you scumhunting?

To increase the chance that my town reads live a bit longer? It might have been clever of me to say this earlier, but I don't really see a reason to out town reads during the first half of the cycle when actions can still be changed. While there is a chance that our opposition has the means to change their kill target during the second half as well, it still seems like a safer choice and we don't actually lose anything from it.

(That being said, town reads don't actually exist, but if I had one it'd be Levity)

Keeping my vote where it is for the time being. I didn't really like the quote wall and it kinda feels to me like talking for the heck of it, with the same point being repeated twenty times. As for the reads list you posted, what about the people that are neither town nor neutral nor mafia reads? It's not like those people didn't do anything, and there aren't any categories outside of those three that I'm aware of (yeah 3rd parties potentially, but you get what I mean).

To increase the chance that my town reads live a bit longer? It might have been clever of me to say this earlier, but I don't really see a reason to out town reads during the first half of the cycle when actions can still be changed. While there is a chance that our opposition has the means to change their kill target during the second half as well, it still seems like a safer choice and we don't actually lose anything from it.

Fair point, but what I'm concerned with is that you're not actually looking for problems with people, just kinda standing around watching the rest of us do all the work. I would think that you would at least put some pressure on people.

Keeping my vote where it is for the time being. I didn't really like the quote wall and it kinda feels to me like talking for the heck of it, with the same point being repeated twenty times.

So you wanted me to sub in and say nothing then? Fuck if I'm doing that. I pointed out what I didn't like, what more do you want?

As for the reads list you posted, what about the people that are neither town nor neutral nor mafia reads? It's not like those people didn't do anything, and there aren't any categories outside of those three that I'm aware of (yeah 3rd parties potentially, but you get what I mean).

Sorry, probably should have been clear on this, but anyone not listed is a null read.

Fair point, but what I'm concerned with is that you're not actually looking for problems with people, just kinda standing around watching the rest of us do all the work. I would think that you would at least put some pressure on people.

I would like to think that my votes do that for me.

So you wanted me to sub in and say nothing then? Fuck if I'm doing that. I pointed out what I didn't like, what more do you want?

That you point it out with less text. It's just talking without much substance behind it, I believe you complained about that with other people.

Sorry, probably should have been clear on this, but anyone not listed is a null read.

What's the difference between a null read and a neutral read?

That you point it out with less text. It's just talking without much substance behind it, I believe you complained about that with other people.

Fine, I'll try and do that next time, but no guarantees.

What's the difference between a null read and a neutral read?

Specifically, null reads are people that I can't place anywhere because of no/little meaningful interactions, whereas neutral are the people I think could lean either way.

Technically on SF, members of the mafia sub out more often than members of the town. Trying to determine anything from someone subbing is questionable though.

I don't do it very often at all, trust me

but

it's ether

also I'm guilty of it which is what makes me feel worse but it's ether

as you can see though I haven't placed a vote on him or anything

no sense in doing that until I can see contributions from his sub

why would I vote for ether now, there is absolutely no point in it at all

unless there's something you know that I don't know

I never said you were voting for Ether, did I?

and I leave Prod votes cause I tend to be gone for long whiles

anyways, back to Ether, I found it scummy you are calling Ether scummy based on the reason that he is subbing out instead of getting actual reads on him and I didn't find anything he did so far scummy actually.

Tbh there was no point posting that Ether might be scum when you're obviously not gonna vote him.

You're misinterpreting my intentions, a lot. You seem to be lumping together all of the times people have listed suspicions of people without actually voting them. This sounds almost like a subtle attempt to get my vote off of you (out of being worried of what people might not think about me), as well as looking for some sort of reason to add to your previous case about me being probable scum.

I am not voting for Ether because he is subbing out right now and there would be no point. I unvoted Prims because I figured the vote was going nowhere. And this post just made you look a whole lot worse.

anyways, back to Ether, I found it scummy you are calling Ether scummy based on the reason that he is subbing out instead of getting actual reads on him and I didn't find anything he did so far scummy actually.

no

it's not at all because he subbed out

it's because he didn't say much before he subbed out

fuck.

if you want me to be clear

i forgot ether was even playing the game until his sub was announced

think on that

no

it's not at all because he subbed out

it's because he didn't say much before he subbed out

fuck.

ah okay, well he normally does talk and is more enthusiastic but he hasn't really said anything scummy either

Actually, one thing that Ether did before he subbed out that bothered me was his whole, "hi I'm a generic unimportant townie so please don't lynch me" speech. What exactly was the point in saying that? At the time I didn't really have much thought on it, but reading through the thread again that post jumped out at me. Perhaps he was trying to break the ice or was fishing for reactions, but ... it's weird that someone would pretty much just say, "don't lynch me please kthaxs" that early into the cycle.

But if Ether is subbing out, then doesn't that make any suspicions I may have had on his behavior invalid, since his sub isn't going to play the same way he is?

But if Ether is subbing out, then doesn't that make any suspicions I may have had on his behavior invalid, since his sub isn't going to play the same way he is?

Actually, no. a player being subbed out shouldn't make a difference--you can still be suspicious of them. A player's record isn't automatically cleared if they get replaced; the trick is forming new reads on top of the old ones and forming a careful opinion based on that.

Actually, no. a player being subbed out shouldn't make a difference--you can still be suspicious of them. A player's record isn't automatically cleared if they get replaced; the trick is forming new reads on top of the old ones and forming a careful opinion based on that.

agreed

@Boron look at Snike in School girl for reference