Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

I didn't say that one of Shinori/Aere are totes 100% scum, I said that I'd hazard a guess that maybe one of them is. But I don't know who and it's not a major thing I'm sure of either. Nor did I ever say that this was my strongest scumread, so I'm not sure why you're tunneling in so much on that one post.

And, bussing doesn't require you to be the source of the lynch. The purpose of bussing is to make yourself look good after the person whom you voted for flips scum, and that's what you did. As you yourself said, there was no point to your vote other than to bring the hammer quicker, as he was getting lynched either way. So you just put yourself on his wagon so that afterwards, when people see the votals, they see that you voted for a scum's lynch.

I'm being one of the only active and contributive players too. Does that make me town as well? I agree that Prims is looking townie, but your reasoning for it is bad and you should change it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I've been kind of inactive. I've been trying to catch up on some schoolwork last night. Not to mention the slow activity anyway. I could just talk to myself here, but that's just weird.

@Xin Li #727: Rapier never actually voted Core over it so I think it's reasonable to interpret it as potential distancing. It's a null tell imo, unless you have something in specific about the interaction that makes you think they were addressing eachother without knowing the other's alignment?

He didn't vote Core over it? I might've missed something. I'll have to reread Rapier's posts again. To be honest, I'm not completely sure where he stands right now. I can't remember him doing much other than defending me whenever votes start to pile up on me. I found it odd that it's literally the only thing I can remember about him since the beginning, but I didn't know if it was enough to call him out on it. (Since not having votes on me is a good thing, so if someone else doesn't agree with it, then it might be good for me.)

Rapier, do you really think Aere/Core make sense as buddies given their C1 interactions? It looks to me like Aere was Core's intended mislynch for the first half of the day.

Manix whoisscum

Right now; I'll still not particularly liking Shinori, but I don't think he's as obvscum as I thought in C2.

I also don't like Aere, BBM and Blitz (because he isn't exactly contributing a lot)

Rapier, do you really think Aere/Core make sense as buddies given their C1 interactions? It looks to me like Aere was Core's intended mislynch for the first half of the day.

Manix whoisscum

I think he thinks that I am scum.

Also; far out it's hard to get reads this game; mostly because there isn't enough interactions to be sure on my reads.

Some of it is massive guesswork

Guys, I've been thinking about something ...

We have four dead players at the moment: Marth, Snike, Core, and Elieson. Of those three, Core was scum and Marth was a mislynched vanilla townie. Snike and Elieson were killed at the end of the cycle, and both had "investigative" roles. From what Core outed before he was lynched, since he was right about Kaoz/Elieson visiting Levedad/Helios we assumed that the scum team had a watcher.

However, doesn't anyone else besides me think it's a little ... strange, how our two investigative roles went down so fast? Of course, I can't be certain about any non-dead person's role besides my own, but is it normal for town to have a lot of "investigative" roles? (By investigative, I mean a role that gets a result from a host.) Because this leads me to believe one of two things: 1) there are much more investigative townie roles than I had originally suspected there were, or 2) scum is hitting all the right people early.

If option 2 is correct, then does that mean that scum also has a role cop of their own in addition to a watcher? (Is that even possible?) And even if they do have a role cop or a watcher, how are they hitting the right people so early? I'm assuming (hoping) Marth isn't the only vanilla townie in the game. And even if he were, I'm sure there have to be other roles that are not investigative. Did Snike and Kaoz have any strong suspicions on anyone specific in cycle 1 that may have led to scum investigating them early and taking them out?

Also; far out it's hard to get reads this game; mostly because there isn't enough interactions to be sure on my reads.

Some of it is massive guesswork

That's because people don't ask questions or scumhunt or contribute to the discussion.

Xin Li, how does whether a scum investigator exists or not help us catch scum? It's most likely that scum has just been hitting all the right people, though also possible they rolecopped Kaoz. Snike was probably a namekill. This line of speculation seems irrelevant to getting scum lynched.

Did Snike and Kaoz have any strong suspicions on anyone specific in cycle 1 that may have led to scum investigating them early and taking them out?

That's what I'm wondering about right now. As for whether the rest of my line of speculation is irrelevant to getting scum lynched or not ... perhaps what I'm thinking means absolutely nothing. But it is what was on my mind and I felt that perhaps I should get it out there instead of keeping it to myself.

Also, what specifically does it mean to be "namekilled"? I've seen the term but I haven't an idea what's different about a name kill and another mafia kill.

It means you were killed for just being who you are. If scum was Players A,B,C and town was D-J or something like that and D was known to be a very good Mafia player and he wasn't on the scum team, scum might just kill him because of who he is.

Oh, all right. Got it.

Honestly, I can't remember Snike being - that - active. I mean, he did show up and say/do stuff, but he posted rather little. If scum didn't know his role, I'd think they'd go after someone more active.

Neither of you two are voting.

If I threw out a vote at this very exact moment, for any person still in the game, it would be without a good enough reason. Give me some time to read through again and decide.

actually, I'm not voting either

let's fix that

##Vote: BBM

yeah 8)

I think that he could possibly be crumbing stuff that scum has, and the mentioning of a possible scumrole that gets information in the middle of the cycle well before Kaoz/Elie playerslot flipped still doesn't sit right with me.

votal analysis

C1

[7] Marth: Manix, Snike, Shinori, BBM, Camtech, Xin Li, Kaoz, Core

[2] Core: Prims, Levity

[1] Aere: Rapier

[1] Snike: Marth

[1] Rapier: Blitz

C2

[5] Core: Camtech, Aere, Manix, Xin Li, Prims, Elieson, Rapier

[2] Manix: Shinori, Core

[0] Blitz: Rapier

[1] Elieson: BBM

[1] Shinori: Blitz

[1] Aere: Helios

now that it's 9 AM and i'm a bit more awake let me first

##unvote

rapier's (very few) posts involved him voting someone who had little to no votes on them (until he hopped the core wagon at the end). if he was scum trying to ensure a mislynch, that would make basically no sense.

i'm actually really wary of manix now that i look at this. the debacle with shinori made me slightly suspicious to begin with, but pay attention to this:

this post has manix tunneling on boron a bit then suddenly switching gears and going after marth. after the wagon built up, then there was this, shortly after which shinori expressed my current opinions on that

he was also the third person on core. normally this might not necessarily be a bad thing, but his reasoning for doing so was just an activityplz prod. This comes after spending a ton of time tunneling on Boron and myself. after making a huge fuss on how both of us are on the scumteam (protip: i'm not, can't speak for boron), he suddenly changed his mind and didn't mention either of us again.

what made you change your mind so fast, hm?

##vote manix

this post has manix tunneling on boron a bit then suddenly switching gears and going after marth. after the wagon built up, then there was this, shortly after which shinori expressed my current opinions on that

he was also the third person on core. normally this might not necessarily be a bad thing, but his reasoning for doing so was just an activityplz prod. This comes after spending a ton of time tunneling on Boron and myself. after making a huge fuss on how both of us are on the scumteam (protip: i'm not, can't speak for boron), he suddenly changed his mind and didn't mention either of us again.

Personally, I interpreted this as Manix going back and rereading the entire thread over again. (I do believe he might have mentioned this, actually.) So at the time I didn't think of it much. Of course, I never did get an explanation that I was satisfied with on why he thought I was scummy. Which does bother me. Also, the first time he voted for me was after he had been subbed in on cycle 1. After I gave him an explanation as to my behavior, he said, "I feel better about you, but not completely." Then he voted me again in cycle 2 saying, "I've seen enough." I never did understand this.

However, if Manix and Core were scum buddies, wouldn't it have been easier for them to just ignore one another? Cam had his vote on Core for the entirety of cycle 2. Aere brought back Core after it seemed everyone else had forgotten about him. But Manix seems to be the one who really pushed for the Core lynch. I mean, suppose it's possible that the rest of the scum team decided to sacrifice Core due to his inactivity in cycle 2 and apparent lack of interest, but ... I still think Manix pushed too early and too hard for him. :/

this post has manix tunneling on boron a bit then suddenly switching gears and going after marth.

You really like misrepping, don't you? Like I said, I got exactly what response I wanted from Xin, and then felt it prudent to start pressuring someone else who I thought was scum at the time.

after the wagon built up, then there was this, shortly after which shinori expressed my current opinions on that

Are you kidding me. I'm sure I talked about this already to Shinori, but if not, here it is again; holy crap you are stupid. Seriously, people who say stuff like that (what Marth said) pretty much should be expecting this response. Besides, I recall that he had done it before in some game (don't remember which one). In other words; Don't say this stuff, please. I tried to be confident in that lynch, but after the flip I really needed to reconsider my reads. You think I was happy about that? Not at all.

he was also the third person on core. normally this might not necessarily be a bad thing, but his reasoning for doing so was just an activityplz prod.

Did you even read my case on Core that I summarily posted not too soon after? It wasn't just an activity prod, now stop misrepping. (I was making the posts in succession because sometimes my thoughts work that way)

This comes after spending a ton of time tunneling on Boron and myself. after making a huge fuss on how both of us are on the scumteam (protip: i'm not, can't speak for boron), he suddenly changed his mind and didn't mention either of us again.

My opinions change, btw. Xin's recent activity has been much better, and same really goes for you. It's amazing what a reread can do for reads as well.

"fast"

> I take about 48 hours to change opinions

> this apparently constitutes as fast

Not really, Cam. Aere had a quite sizable wagon at a point in C1. Rapier just didn't have time to switch from it, which is why it looks as if he didn't vote for somebody other people were voting for.

You really like misrepping, don't you? Like I said, I got exactly what response I wanted from Xin, and then felt it prudent to start pressuring someone else who I thought was scum at the time.

so you were trying to force a playstyle onto her or...?

Are you kidding me. I'm sure I talked about this already to Shinori, but if not, here it is again; holy crap you are stupid. Seriously, people who say stuff like that (what Marth said) pretty much should be expecting this response.

getting a bit defensive there

obviously that was a bad move on marth's part but he was already getting lynched

why bother driving it in further, especially right before he flips town

Did you even read my case on Core that I summarily posted not too soon after? It wasn't just an activity prod, now stop misrepping. (I was making the posts in succession because sometimes my thoughts work that way)

reading! (directed at myself)

My opinions change, btw. Xin's recent activity has been much better, and same really goes for you. It's amazing what a reread can do for reads as well.

it thereby follows that the only reason you had scumreads on us was our activity

explain plz

"fast"

> I take about 48 hours to change opinions

> this apparently constitutes as fast

reading! (this is why i should not try to scumhunt while jetlagged as fuck)

Not really, Cam. Aere had a quite sizable wagon at a point in C1. Rapier just didn't have time to switch from it, which is why it looks as if he didn't vote for somebody other people were voting for.

reading!

it thereby follows that the only reason you had scumreads on us was our activity

explain plz

No, I found your early actions scummy, but the activity and content that you have both given has made me feel better about you two.

Why you think I mentioned rereading?