Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

About Manix, I feel like he just read through the thread and found every instance of someone saying that they didn't have any reads, or needed more information for reads. That doesn't feel like scumhunting to me.

People who don't contribute need to be called out for being scummy like that. No frickin way am I giving them a free pass throughout the game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also question as to whether you read my entire post or just skimmed it, because it's not just calling those people out like I did.

There is other stuff in there.

it's basically day 1

how many reads are we expected to have

More than none, after RVS and people's reactions. People who don't just give me the feeling that they're not trying to help town, which to me looks quite scummy.

what part of me making an offhand comment that was based off a reading mistake is scummy

Direct me to the quote (because I'm silly sometimes). Also, if that's your only point against what I've read (note: I picked four quotes from you), then I still rest my case.

More than none, after RVS and people's reactions. People who don't just give me the feeling that they're not trying to help town, which to me looks quite scummy.

You should take into consideration that they are newbies. Not even those players who are used to playing Mafia are that good with getting reads on D1 and digging info by themselves. That doesn't mean we should let them give us these excuses and forget about it, however.

What I mean is, I think we should focus less on the newbies' mistakes and more on the more experienced players' mistakes.

the first quote from me was a stupidly bad idea and i apologize for that

second one is the one i just responded to, it was the one where i thought that eclipse was modding

the third one i'm not even sure what you're talking about

the last one is just what

just because i'm not mr genius doens't mean i'm scum

and you say you have 10 reads

let's hear them

all i see is you getting in my, boron's and marth's faces

when i flip town i expect people to stare very hard at you

You should take into consideration that they are newbies. Not even those players who are used to playing Mafia are that good with getting reads on D1 and digging info by themselves. That doesn't mean we should let them give us these excuses and forget about it, however.

What I mean is, I think we should focus less on the newbies' mistakes and more on the more experienced players' mistakes.

Hmm, maybe. I still don't think that would excuse Marth though.

Although, I still don't think it's fair to either set of players (newbies v experienced) to focus more on one than the other for a particular reason. What if one of the newbies is scum? Giving them a free pass is basically saying "Here, screw over town some more." Scum are scum, newbie or not.

Eh, just what I think.

the first quote from me was a stupidly bad idea and i apologize for that

Still doesn't change the fact that it happened.

second one is the one i just responded to, it was the one where i thought that eclipse was modding

Doesn't matter, roles are still randomized (except for edge cases). Who's modding shouldn't have made a difference.

the third one i'm not even sure what you're talking about

You're fluffing and not contributing much.

the last one is just what

I'm calling you out on not trying to scumhunt.

Town  |Neutral|Scum
Bizz  |Prims  |Marth
Rapier|Kaoz   |Xin Li
Manix |Core   |Cam
     |BBM    |

Present.

You have town reads on yourself? Lol.

Hmm, maybe. I still don't think that would excuse Marth though.

Although, I still don't think it's fair to either set of players (newbies v experienced) to focus more on one than the other for a particular reason. What if one of the newbies is scum? Giving them a free pass is basically saying "Here, screw over town some more." Scum are scum, newbie or not.

Eh, just what I think.

That doesn't excuse Marth. I admit he's under the scum radar.

Also, being fair or not doesn't matter. You can't treat a newbie like a veteran (expect him to contribute, have reads, scumhunt, be active etc.) because we expect the veterans to play Mafia properly and that's pretty much how we scumhunt. The same can't be done to the newbies. I'm talking about tolerance, not forgiveness.

Jedi was in the same situation Cam and Boron are. Does that mean he was scum?

Jedi was in the same situation Cam and Boron are. Does that mean he was scum?

Well, I already know if he was or wasn't, but if I was someone else, I probably would have done the same to him.

Also, being fair or not doesn't matter. You can't treat a newbie like a veteran (expect him to contribute, have reads, scumhunt, be active etc.) because we expect the veterans to play Mafia properly and that's pretty much how we scumhunt. The same can't be done to the newbies. I'm talking about tolerance, not forgiveness.

Okay, fair point then. But still, I don't want people to not really have no opinion on anything. I want them to at least have something, even if it isn't quite as much as the experienced players.

##Vote: Xin Li

Really, really not liking his fluff about "I don't want to vote yet because not everyone has spoke."

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but that is how I roll. As I've already explained, I'm not one for voting and re-voting numerous times for each person I am suspicious of. I prefer to wait until I know I am positively suspicious of someone. If you think that is a "scum read", then I don't know what else to say other then "better change my playing style."

I am glad that you're not simply giving me a "pass" because I'm new to SF mafia, but I feel as if the "scum vibes" you're picking up from me are for the wrong reasons. If I really am scum, you and everyone else will probably figure it out sooner or later. For now, that's pretty much just my style of playing in mafia that doesn't seem to roll with you.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but that is how I roll. As I've already explained, I'm not one for voting and re-voting numerous times for each person I am suspicious of. I prefer to wait until I know I am positively suspicious of someone. If you think that is a "scum read", then I don't know what else to say other then "better change my playing style."

Votes can be changed. There is no penalty for changing your vote.

But also then, voting patterns can be analysed later to possibly determine scum. But hey, that might just be the way I play in thinking that changing your vote (ie: your power against scum) can be beneficial when shifted around, in that people get an idea about what you're thinking. :/

Thank goodness, Manix is here!

@Aere: I never said I thought you were town, so I guess it's more of a 90? Anyways, you still haven't given your opinion of other players, That would probably help.

Votes can be changed. There is no penalty for changing your vote.

But also then, voting patterns can be analysed later to possibly determine scum. But hey, that might just be the way I play in thinking that changing your vote (ie: your power against scum) can be beneficial when shifted around, in that people get an idea about what you're thinking. :/

All right, the changing votes thing is something I'll have to get used to. I guess I'm a bit stuck on trying to make the right "choice" once.

Actually I'm not sure why people think Xin Li is scum now; she's looking better than Jedi did