Path of Guidance

Hash Jar

Path of Guidance (being thought about)

Path of Guidance, name inspired by Path of Radiance, is a hack currently being set up to be in development. I would like to use a somewhat small group of dedicated hackers to create and finish the hack. I would in fact like for someone to take up most of the hacking. It is a rather ambitious project, but I feel that with help it could be done. I honestly can not finish a hack alone. I would like to note that we would also take help from other people outside the team. My main goal is to reskin the game in general to not work like a typical fire emblem game.

Goals of the Hack:

-Change the battle system to work like arena battles always

-Change the turn system to work like a sort-of chess game

-Change graphics such as map graphics, sprites, hud, menus, cutscenes, icons, etc. (I would like to make all characters have custom battle animations)

-Change all of the weapons and items

-Make long chapters with tales to tell

-Make "Break" chapters where characters may walk around the city and talk to citizens, buy weapons and items,

find new units, or battle (battle chapters are red and break chapters are blue)

Battles:

All battles will work like arena battles. Battles do not end until the player backs out or one of the units are defeated.

Turns:

I would like to change the turn system so that when you click "End" or "Wait" it counts as a move. Players may take 1, 2, or 3 moves before it is the enemies turn.

Easy: Players make 3 moves

Normal: Players make 2 moves

Hard: Players make 1 move

Graphics:

I would like to almost completely change the graphics. I would like them to look something like the image below.

Zebrassss-1.jpg

These are just the map graphics. I would also like to change the rest of the graphics as well. Well I don't want it to look like this, but it's just an example. I want bigger proportions and such.

Break Chapters:

They are not exactly break chapters. They will be castles or towns most of the time that allow you to explore freely without an enemy phase. There would things to do such as talk to NPCs, get info, buy weapons and items, battle certain NPCs, or induce a side quest.

Weapons:

I don't want tiered (iron, steel, silver) weapons. All weapons are simply unique and have their own attributes.

I have a list of some that I have come up with already but it is cumbersome.

Characters:

I already have names and ideas, not graphics or anything else. I would like the graphics style to change a bit.

So who would like to sign up?

Spots:

Graphic Design (of all kinds)

Lead Hacker

Nightmare Editor

Event Writer and Editor

Text Editor

Script Writing (Story and/or Supoorts)

Um, other stuff?

The hack is still in idea mode, but I really want to put it to work. I hope to get a lot of support.

Here are some notes I have for the hack. Things are subject to change.

Weapons

All weapons have 100 hit and 99 durability

Power-Critical Chance-Weight

Magic and orbs are dense with magic and are actually heavy

Con is more character, not class dependent

Swords:(Multipurpose weapons made to slice or stab)
-Regal Sword	9-6-10 (+3 Def/+1 Res/+1 Spd)
-Unicorn Horn	8-7-9 (+2 Def/+4 Res/+7 Lck/+2 Spd)
-Frost Blade	10-8-14 (+3 Def/+3 Res)negates defense
-Florete	10-14-12 (+4 Def/+4 Res/+5 Str/+1 Spd)
-Legendary Edge	12-11-15 (+4 Def/+2 Res/+3 Spd/+3 Skl/+3 Lk)
-Killing Edge	8-36-11 (+2 Def/+1 Res/+3 Spd)
-Demon Sword	11-16-20 (+6 Skl/+6 Spd/-6 Luck/+3 Def/+3 Res)demon magic
-Demi Claymore	10-5-15 (+6 Def/+3 Res/+2 Spd/+2 Skl)x2 hits
-God Claymore	15-10-20 (+6 Def/+3 Res/+2 Spd/+2 Skl)x2 hits
-Light Sword	8-15-10 (+2 Def/+6 Res/+2 Spd)magic 1-2 rng
-Tempest Edge	11-7-13 (+2 Def/+6 Res/+2 Spd)magic 1-2 rng
-Soul Reaver	13-4-15 (+2 Def/+6 Res/+2 Spd)magic 1-2 restores hp
-Lancereaver	9-5-11 (+5 Def/+1 Res/+1 Spd)
-Rapier		7-9-11 (+1 Def/+1 Res/+5 Spd)armor deadly
-Estoc		11-5-13 (+3 Def/+1 Res/+2 Spd)armor deadly
-Wyrmslayer	9-13-10 (+3 Def/+1 Res/+2 Spd)dragon deadly
-Stiletto	8-17-8 (+1 Def/+1 Res/+2 Spd/+2 Skl/+2 Lk)
-Baselard	12-28-9 (+2 Def/+1 Res/+2 Spd/+2 Skl/+12 Lk)

Lances: (Weapons made to attack from a grand distance to fatally stab or cut)
-Fauchard	10-5-10 (+4 Def/+1 Res/+3 Skl)
-Glaive		12-5-4 (+5 Def, +1 Res)
-Guisarm	11-5-4 (+6 Def, +2 Res)
-Halberd	11-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)
-Paladin Spear	10-5-4 (+4 Def, +2 Res)
-Long Spear	13-5-4 (+4 Def, +2 Res)
-Hero Lance	12-5-4 (+7 Def, +2 Res)
-Hero Lance	17-5-4 (+7 Def, +2 Res)
-Javelin	10-5-4 (+3 Def, +2 Res)
-Short Spear	13-5-4 (+4 Def, +2 Res)
-Wishblade	16-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)
-Axereaver	11-5-4 (+6 Def, +2 Res)
-Trident	19-5-4 (+8 Def, +2 Res)
-Morning Star	12-5-4 (+3 Def, +2 Res)
-Partisan	13-5-4 (+4 Def, +2 Res)
-Pike		11-5-4 (+3 Def, +2 Res)
-Quarter Staff	9-5-4 (+2 Def, +2 Res)

Axes: (Multipurpose weapons used to case blunt force trauma or to hack and chop)
-Ion Axe	11-5-4 (+1 Def)
-Star Axe	13-5-4 (+3 Def)
-Giants Axe	15-5-4 (+5 Def)
-Battle Axe	10-5-4 (+7 Def)
-Wedge Hammer	12-5-4 (+2 Def)
-Demon Axe	20-5-20 (+5 Def)
-Hero Axe 	14-5-4 (+3 Def)
-Hero Axe 	19-5-4 (+6 Def)
-Short Axe	12-5-4 (+3 Def)
-Tomahawk	18-5-4 (+6 Def)
-Swordreaver	11-5-4 (+4 Def)
-Seraph Axe	12-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)
-War Hammer	11-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)
-Pole Hammer	12-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)
-Pole Axe	12-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)
-Jagged Axe	13-5-4 (+5 Def, +2 Res)

Bows: (Weapons that are skillfully shot from a vast distance to fatally penetrate)
-Bow		3-5-4 (+1 Def)
-Bow		3-5-4 (+3 Def)
-Bow		3-5-4 (+5 Def)
-Bow		3-5-4 (+7 Def)
-Arc Bow	3-5-4 (+5 Def)
-Court Bow	3-5-4 (+5 Def)
-Critical Bow 1	3-5-4 (+1 Def)
-Critical Bow 2	3-5-4 (+1 Def)
-Hero Bow	3-5-4 (+1 Def)
-Hero Bow	3-5-4 (+1 Def)
-Bow
-Bow
-Bow

Classes

Unpromoted Classes:
Fencer: Sword
Fighter: Axe
Soldier: Lance
Archer: Bow
Armor: Lance (Armor)
Green Knight: Sword (Horse)
Blue Knight: Lance (Horse)
Red Knight: Axe (Horse)
Yellow Knight: Bow (Horse)
Dragon Knight: Axe (Dragon)
Pegasus Knight: Lance (Pegasus)
Mage: Anima
Lumi: Light
Shaman: Dark
Auris: Aura
Auris Knight: Aura (Horse)
Mage Knight: Anima (Horse)
Lumi Knight: Light (Horse)
Shaman Knight: Dark (Horse)
Caster: Light (Pegasus)
Magus: Dark (Wyvern)

Promoted Classes:
Swordmaster: Sword
Reaver: Axe
Halberdier: Lance
Marksman: Bow
Ranger: Sword/Axe
Warrior: Axe/Bow
Sentinel: Sword/Lance
Carnal: Lance/Axe
Warder: Lance/Bow
Armaster: Lance/Axe/Sword (Armor)
Amber Knight: Sword/Axe/Bow (Horse)
Emerald Knight: Sword/Bow/Lance (Horse)
Ruby Knight: Axe/Lance/Sword (Horse)
Sapphire Knight: Axe/Lance/Bow (Horse)
Amethyst Knight: Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow (Horse)
Wyvern Knight: Sword/Axe (Wyvern)
Dragon Lord: Axe/Lance (Dragon)
Pegasus Lord: Lance/Sword (Pegasus)
Falcon Sniper: Bow (Pegasus)

Characters

A group of travelling vigilantees get involved in a horrific war.

All growth rates are 5% except Lk which is 25%

Main and Start Units:
Oja-Fencer Lv5
Hp-34	Pwr-11	Skl-14	Spd-18
Lk-10	Def-09	Res-04
Giana-Archer Lv5
Hp-32	Pwr-09	Skl-17	Spd-15
Lk-12	Def-08	Res-05
Malfoy-Red Knight Lv5
Hp-37	Pwr-15	Skl-13	Spd-13
Lk-08	Def-12	Res-06
Leon-Armor Lv5
Hp-39	Pwr-17	Skl-15	Spd-09
Lk-07	Def-15	Res-03
Amora-Mage Lv5
Hp-31	Pwr-12	Skl-15	Spd-16
Lk-11	Def-06	Res-10
Edualc-Shaman Lv5
Hp-33	Pwr-14	Skl-13	Spd-14
Lk-06	Def-08	Res-11
Aster-Auris Knight Lv5
Hp-36	Pwr-13	Skl-17	Spd-15
Lk-13	Def-09	Res-14
Nila-Lumi Knight Lv5
Hp-35	Pwr-12	Skl-14	Spd-17
Lk-10	Def-08	Res-12

Other Units:
Soldier
Fighter
Green Knight
Blue Knight
Yellow Knight
Dragon Knight
Pegasus Knight
Lumi
Auris
Mage Knight
Shaman Knight
Caster
Magus

Edited by Hash Jar

Well, I hate to be the one to break the ice first

But let me attempt to kindly ask you some questions that you can reflect on:

- why should anyone help you--i.e., dedicate hundreds of hours dedicating their lives to aid you--with your personal project?

- "If you want something done

, do it yourself."

- is all of this stuff even possible for a Fire Emblem hack?

- how do you intend to change the graphics, and who will read your mind and do this for you, the way you want?

I would in fact like for someone to take up most of the hacking.

And I would like for you to, slowly and calmly, contemplate the concept of asking other people to do something so great a task for you... with absolutely no benefits at all.

Unless you're going to be paying someone by the hour, in which case I hope you are rich and have thousands of dollars; and that money could be better spent in so many ways.

And heck, even if I COULD do this stuff, I still wouldn't do it, even for thousands of dollars...

I realize this is a highly negative reaction. It's not that allthe ideas are bad, but expecting people to just up and support you with your personal project is, to most people (considering most of us have lives and don't have enough time to do everything WE want in OURS), is a bit unreasonable, silly, and at its worst, ludicrous.

If you CAN get someone to do it, more power to you. But I'll speak from experience: most of the things I've done in my life, I've done with little support, except from my parents and a few friends who help me because we're friends and/or they enjoy the things I do. I do almost everything in my own hack, for instance--and although yes, I do get plenty of help, I am, at all times, ready to do everything there is in my project myself. People helping achieve your dreams is a bonus. Gotta be ready to achieve'm yourself.

just my 2 cents

Putting aside how all this is largely impossible and you aren't coming up with anything yourself...

Turns:

I would like to change the turn system so that when you click "End" or "Wait" it counts as a move. Players may take 1, 2, or 3 moves before it is the enemies turn.

Enjoy everyone soloing with your initially strongest character! Particularly considering, y'know, the whole 'practically no growth rates' deal.

Carnal: Lance/Axe

do you know what this word means

All growth rates are 5% except Lk which is 25%

what

Giana-Archer Lv5

Hp-32 Pwr-09 Skl-17 Spd-15

Lk-12 Def-08 Res-05

Because 'piss-weak low levelled archer' is a formula that has made some great units throughout the years...

So uh

What exactly are you doing again.

You are asking people to make you a hack but you seem to not want to invest a large sum of time.

may as well use fexp for most of this because good luck getting gbafe to work with what you want

Edited by AstraLunaSol

So uh

What exactly are you doing again.

You are asking people to make you a hack but you seem to not want to invest a large sum of time.

may as well use fexp for most of this because good luck getting gbafe to work with what you want

enter Klok

i promised you your thing under the impression that you were either going to hack the game yourself or had a team set up already

as it stands i'm a bit wary of sinking my time into a project that is potentially never getting off the ground

Ok...

I have a life too... In fact it is very busy, I am setting a restaurant up now, quite difficult. Do you really think I don't know that people have lives? Anyway, a lot of these people come here to blow off steam and talk about something they like, and some like to hack FE games for free, including me.

I can hack slightly (no expert and I don't know asm), but my computer is not cool, and it crashes constantly while hacking for some reason. It has always pissed me off :( I could do most of the work the hack requires.

I don't want people to make me a hack. I want them to make a hack themselves with me.

I can make graphics, for example I made the graphics in that screen, I just want help.

I do think it is possible to change the graphics so dramatically although I don't know the color limitations or tileset editing, and I would like help.

All of the IDEAS I have brought up are subject to change and would be able to be changed by the team or anyone else who has a bright idea (this is a forum).

I am very willing to let go of the chess idea, as I don't know if it is even possible. However, how would having the enemy make a move right after you do make the game easy? If anything it will make you think more, because you don't have a whole damn phase dedicated to setting up your perfect turn.

Carnal pleasures, yes I know, but this is a fictional game and I can use cool words for whatever I want. It could be changed, but I like it.

The stats of units and weapons are subject to change, but don't judge. This won't exactly be Fire Emblem and stats won't work the same way.

She is not piss weak, because attacking and damage don't work the same way.

Also, I would someone to take the lead hacker and director role, as in it's theirs, and mine as well. It's not my hack, its's A hack and I would like a group of people to make it to divide the labour. I want to do this for fun first and foremost.

Edited by Hash Jar

new formulas and the chess system, i dont think any one has done something anything like that before and i dont think it would be possible so unless you got any ideas thats out. as to animations not many people make animations and the proses is time consuming you need to show progress before theyll make you one or give permission. str and mag combo classes are plausible nl has patch in his utilities topic. rest levels/maps can be done one already exists in fe7

as to normal battles being arena battles i have no clue if it is possible

if you realy want new formulas and a chess system go get fexp

look

ideas are good

but when you ask us to sign up, it sounds as if you're expecting us to go OOH GOOD IDEA I MUST BE IN

instead of just throwing stuff out there and expecting us to come to you, come and ask us yourself

you're putting the burden on us to come forward

if you really want to set up a team like this then you come and search out good people for yourself and ask them

hence why i'll finish your arena battle system but i refuse to sign up

Edited by CT075

Carnal pleasures, yes I know, but this is a fictional game and I can use cool words for whatever I want. It could be changed, but I like it.

Tell me how the word 'carnal' ties into the concept of an axeman. We know nothing about this class beyond their choice of equipment.

Oh, you know what I think? I think there should be horsemen called Voluptuouses, they'll use swords, it'll be brilliant.

She is not piss weak, because attacking and damage don't work the same way.

damage tends to help

Oh, unless the enemy never retreats, in which case, WELL, anything without two-range is kind of fucked.

Well my idea was that when you attack or start a battle the intent is to kill the other unit not damage it (because this isn't really Fire Emblem anymore). Players will be forced to back out of fights often, because they may face a dangerous situation.

I would like for people to try to think of ways to innovate the hack into something other than Fire Emblem. Don't think of stats the same way.

Strength/magic split is awesome, by the way. That will be cool.

@Furetchen-Look I just thought the word was cool, not the meaning (although the meaning is cool). If I were to put it in this hack it would mean a foot unit with axes and lances.

You have a very good point about 2 range though. I didn't think of that... The enemy can not back out so yes it is cheap.

This is why I need help. I need help thinking of how this can work.

Edited by Hash Jar

if it's not fire emblem then why hack fire emblem

why not just create a game from the ground up (or do something like FEXP where it's easier to alter things in a big way)

Honestly, I didn't know of FEXP, which looks awesome.

And I thought it would be cool to edit a game into something completely different.

There's a few generic SRPG engines out there, as well as scripts for some of the RPG maker engines to make them play as SRPG games. There's also the dedicated SRPG 95, which the fan remake of FE2 used. Though, compatibility is always finicky... They might be a better idea for you, if you want less limitation, and more room to spread ideas how you want them, rather than how to make them compatible.

Edited by Celice

I suppose. I could. I never thought of it. Fire Emblem is the only SRPG or RPG that I play really so I didn't realize there was much support for the genre.

It really is a much better idea to use something else, but I would still like to use Serenes because of their Fire Emblem influence. So I suppose this is canceled for now.

Really though how would I go about fixing ranged attacks. I could make it so that when attacking a defenseless unit at 2 or more range you only get 1 or 2 hits. I could also make it so that the defensive unit can't even attack back. So that could be the trade off. Attacking at range is safe, but only allows one hit, while 1-1 range combat allows for more damage output, but you could also be taken out. Feedback anyone?

Edited by Hash Jar

Really though how would I go about fixing ranged attacks. I could make it so that when attacking a defenseless unit at 2 or more range you only get 1 or 2 hits. I could also make it so that the defensive unit can't even attack back.

A DEFENSELESS UNIT CANNOT DEFEND HIMSELF

REVOLUTIONARY

Also given the relatively piss-poor strength of your archer, I return back to the point that she'd be awful. Because that's what archers need, to be able to kill fewer people every turn.

That'd be a possibility, but then if it turns into an arena style battle it is literally one unit hammering on the other forever. Unless he removes the arena battle thing, it ain't happening.

I did not mean to remove counter-attacking. I meant that I would remove counter-attacking at 2 or more range. The attacking unit would only get 1 or 2 hits (depending on speed of course). That way attacking at 2 range is safe, but causes less damage, and attacking a 1-1 range allows for total decimation of the enemy (arena style). I could also make it so that battles at 1-1 range are arena style and 2 or more range are not arena style and are simply regular FE style. Thoughts?