The Drums of War

Parrhesia

That's right, baby. We're up and running at last.

The Drums of War is a hack with a simple goal; to be the least anime that ever was to focus on the story of a band of desperate asylum seekers as war rages around them that they are basically completely incapable of dealing with on remotely favourable terms. Alternatively, just imagine that that FE7 advertisement was remotely like the actual product.

There will be ten patches made; the Normal and Hard Hurt Me Plenty and Olde School versions, released in five acts. No massive, sweeping changes should result, so you should hopefully never have to start over for any given patch. Each act until the last is seven chapters. The most recent of either patch will be linked into the OP when finished.

KZapC.png

[spoiler=Credits]Writing, Concept and Misc: Furetchen

Hacking and Misc: Hikarusa

A Certain Character: Nightmare

Graphics:

Luminescent Blade

AK

Amelia

Furetchen

Kon

Feaw

Maps:

Dancer_A

Sakusa

Animation Packages:

MageKnight404

The Blind Archer

Music:

Agro

Hexator, Nintenlord, etc. who made the building blocks of hacking and stuff.

Tell me if you think you deserve your place in the credits, I've honestly probably forgotten at least one person.

Edited by Furetchen

7 speed for a archer at level 2!! Thats a godly unit!!

Given that you chose his relatively weak point to focus on but considering that seven at level 2 is better than literally any GBA archer and with a view to the fact that his speed is largely irrelevant (he's faster than Trahern, as well), I literally have no idea whether or not you're being sarcastic.

Given that you chose his relatively weak point to focus on but considering that seven at level 2 is better than literally any GBA archer and with a view to the fact that his speed is largely irrelevant (he's faster than Trahern, as well), I literally have no idea whether or not you're being sarcastic.

Yeah I was comparing it to the GBA archers nearly god awful.

That's right, baby. We're up and running at last.

The Drums of War is a hack with a simple goal; to be the least anime that ever was

Oh god... I dunno how to break it to you Furrychin but you may as well not bother to make it as what you plan to make it.

Especially when it's based off Fire Emblem.

Now for actual constructive criticism. Kinda. Not really.

Why do the dudes have the same eyes? Kind of weird to be honest...

Oh god... I dunno how to break it to you Furrychin but you may as well not bother to make it as what you plan to make it.

Especially when it's based off Fire Emblem.

Strikethroughs!

Besides, 'least anime FE' means it's compared to other FEs. So it's kind of an easy task.

Now for actual constructive criticism. Kinda. Not really.

Why do the dudes have the same eyes? Kind of weird to be honest...

They're similar, but there are clear differences...

Because I am terrible at spriting eyes a while back and didn't really get a chance to fix them due to working on the 800 different projects that I end up doing so cut me some slack now and they will be fixed after I get my massive to do list done it'd be really nice if someone hires me a secretary I am entirely serious

I know the sprites look terrible by my current standards right now it'll be fixed later

Edited by Zhuge Liang

Strikethroughs!

Besides, 'least anime FE' means it's compared to other FEs. So it's kind of an easy task.

They're similar, but there are clear differences...

Strikethrough mean you're cereal. :Knoll:

Not really dude. Then again I'd have to read the script so I can properly break it down for funsies. muahaha

I hope someone in your hack wears bright pink or purple, despite being completely out of whack for your intended universe

I never realized how utterly bland the backgrounds were until I saw your screenshots. I blame IS for this.

Well it's the one way to make wt out of the way like in FE12

Since that is the intention

... I knew that *cough cough, unconvincing cough*

Don't worry about it :p I'll probably assign some purely cosmetic weight values to them later; like, every sword is below the con of a femyrm or thief, etc. Low enough they never actually affect anything.