Project dondon

dondon151

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, if Lilina is in this hack, shouldn't Hector be older? Though that would be one of those things that don't need to be dealt with as of yet.

i really don't want to overhaul every single portrait; people working on other hacks are already having enough issues getting that done on time

hector's normal portrait also has the angry and shifty-eyed versions that i use a few times

and as a matter of consistency, making hector and eliwood look older while everyone else remains the same doesn't feel quite right

(i don't make the chibis; i'm completely inept at graphical endeavors and have to outsource all of that.)

Edited by dondon151

hector's normal portrait also has the angry and shifty-eyed versions that i use a few times

and as a matter of consistency, making hector and eliwood look older while everyone else remains the same doesn't feel quite right

(i don't make the chibis; i'm completely inept at graphical endeavors and have to outsource all of that.)

I guess that's true. It would be much more of a pain to have to edit portraits from those who are only in FE7. IDK, it's one option to take, but I guess Hector's normal portrait is good enough.

So, uh, after playing this and utterly failing, I have just realized how terrible I am at Fire Emblem.

But, still, Ch. 1 was pretty fun...

Edited by Esme

lol I'm enjoying this hack and still figuring out how best to get the lowest turn on chapter 1 still. The first three turns are solid, but the left hero keeps getting me RNG screwed. Alternating between targets, misses, and not getting himself killed by turn 4 >_>

Is this a ragefest submission?

It should be.

I'll throw you guys a bone with some helpful information (only fair if you want to save yourself several restarts):

Chapter 1 chests contain:

Top left - Shine

Top right - Physic

Bottom right - Slim Sword

Bottom left - Short Bow

Oswin and Barth can talk for a Steel Axe (Barth)

Matthew and Serra can talk for a Mend (Serra)

Chapter 2 chests contain:

Center left - Sword Killer

Center right - Bow slayer

Bottom right - Torch (staff)

Chapter 3 chests contain:

Center - Boots

Bottom right - Sleep sword

Chapter 4 chests contain:

Top left - Restore

Top right - Silver Sword

Center left - Brave Lance

Center right - Brave Axe

Bottom center - Fortify

I wouldn't recommend missing any of these :):

And! I did say that you'd get the chance to try and beat me, right? For the most hardcore of you, see if you can match these turncounts:

Chapter 1: 8 turns

Chapter 2: 6 turns

Chapter 3: 7 turns

Chapter 4: 7 turns

(If you beat any of them, send me a .vbm and I will eat a hat.)

Edited by dondon151

This hack is kicking my ass, but I'm having so much fun with it. Props Dondon

Thanks! Each chapter is fairly difficult blind, but they get a lot easier once you get the hang of it.

Are those turn counts achieving the max possible in each chapter? Every item is obtained. Every conversation like barst and oswin is completed, etc.?

Yes; they're also part of a continuous playthrough, not a chapter-by-chapter count.

Edited by dondon151

That's depressing. I might have to be manipulating a lot more than I would like to match that turn count. I skipped the physic staff and only got a 9 turn so far. I do have an idea where I might change it up to get that turn 8, but Serra might have to avoid an 80 display accuracy to do it :(

Edited by Eryth

Turn one was pretty obvious other than which thief do I send which direction. I do not think it matters much other than making sure both avoid a couple of the early turn enemy phases.

That's depressing. I might have to be manipulating a lot more than I would like to match that turn count. I skipped the physic staff and only got a 9 turn so far. I do have an idea where I might change it up to get that turn 8, but Serra might have to avoid an 80 display accuracy to do it :(

Experiment and think outside of the box! I originally designed chapter 1 to be a 9 turn clear, but then tried doing something completely differently and happened upon an 8 turn clear. (But really, 9 turns is pretty solid.)

You shouldn't have to go out of your way to RNG abuse for any of the strategies; I think the lowest hit rate that I needed was a 67 staff hit in chapter 3. Most of the time you should have 80+, 90+ hit except in a few select circumstances.

Edited by dondon151

Well, I got my solid 9 turn strategy and getting everything done in that map. It still requires Astor and Matthew to both avoid one of three attacks aimed at them or else they die.

I'll have to come back to this later though.

Edited by Eryth

Anyone had any luck patching this on macs? I tried, but it says the patch isn't supported.

Use Multipatch. It won't give you these problems.

Use Multipatch. It won't give you these problems.

That's what I'm using. It just says "not supported." It looks like it just doesn't support .rar Can you send me a link to one that does?

Edited by bottlegnomes