Favorite Lord

TheGhosteon

108 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Lord?

I don't think many people would consider Leaf flawed if he could heal without using staves, played the same role in being the figurehead of the rebels if there was a more legitimate heir, and turned out to be Celice's older brother and the true Emperor of Grandbell.

What does any of this have to do with flaws? It's ridiculous to suggest that "inability to heal" and "not an Emperor" are Leaf's defining flaws and what give him his depth. If you call Leaf flawed because he makes serious mistakes and faces serious setbacks, you have to say the same about Micaiah.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does any of this have to do with flaws? It's ridiculous to suggest that "inability to heal" and "not an Emperor" are Leaf's defining flaws and what give him his depth.

You're right, I'm not sure what I was trying to say there. Leaf and Micaiah don't have the same abilities and heritage, but that isn't relevant to their flaws.

If you call Leaf flawed because he makes serious mistakes and faces serious setbacks, you have to say the same about Micaiah.

It's not the same circumstances, though. Leaf is captured after being ambushed, is broken out by the Magi Group, and is pursued by Manster until Hannibal intervenes. Micaiah willingly gets captured without an escape plan, is broken out by her own allies, and escapes without any help.

In any case, Leaf's most serious mistakes is trying to capture Alster after liberating Lenster, Micaiah doesn't make a mistake like that. Nevertheless, if you consider being flawed and being a Mary/Canon Sue mutually exclusive, then Micaiah is definitely not a Sue.

People who hate crossdressing maybe?

Don't worry, it's not like anyone in these modern, enlightened times would be that shallow or hold such antiquated notions.

Wait.

Ephraim and Leaf tie for first. I guess Ephraim wins because I also love him as a gameplay unit, and because I love his... um... stupidity. EPHRAIM DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT BOATS HE WILL KILL EVERYTHING ON THE BOAT MURDER KILL DIE

Wait, how is Ephraim stupid in any way? He led his little troop to retake an entire castle! THAT is what I call a great and smart commander.

Remember when he charges into that obvious trap in 5x? Yeah.

But Furrychin.... You're just as shallow as he is. :L

ok

Wait, how is Ephraim stupid in any way? He led his little troop to retake an entire castle! THAT is what I call

FUCKING STUPID. Like, seriously, he has four guys (and their retinues if you think of FE that way) against AN ENTIRE CASTLE. He emerges through a SHEER MIRACLE. So he took a castle with four guys... that is both fucking stupid and incredibly masculine. That is why I love Ephraim.

I hate how this poll isn't multiple choice, I picked Ike anyway, first Lord you know.

1. Ike

2. Micaiah

3. Ephraim

4. Eirika

5. Eliwood

Roy

Leaf

Also, how is Lucina a Lord? Besides her being Krom's daughter.

Don't worry, it's not like anyone in these modern, enlightened times would be that shallow or hold such antiquated notions.

Wait.

I'm not one of them, actually. I was just saying that there are people who have an issue with it, and that might be a reason to dislike her if they did.

Also, how is Lucina a Lord? Besides her being Krom's daughter.

Lord class, for one.

Hector is the best in my opinion. Because:

-He is totally badass

-He is far from perfect and he don't deny his violent side

(ex:

"Hector: You see, I’m about as angry as I’ve ever been.(...) Prepare to die!!!"

"Hector: I have a brother, too. If someone killed him, I would make sure his killer paid dearly and suffered long…"

"Linus: Hey, you! You think you’re tough, don’t you? Hector: Tough enough to cleave you in two."

and so on...)

-He kinda say f*ck to his political responsibility.

-He appears as a main lord after the first playthrough and add gaiden chapter and grants access to more character.

-His sprite and picture are awesome .

-And, yes, I almost forgot: BADASSNESS with an axe.

Remember when he charges into that obvious trap in 5x? Yeah.

My question was serious.

Really? That's what I call a Gary Stu.

Having great leadership skills is Gary-Stuish? I don't think so.

As for Lucina, yeah, she has the Lord class. Unlike Micaiah, whom I don't consider to be a lord because of that AND the fact that Ike takes over the main role again in RD anyway.