[FE10] The Best Draft team

Zanarkin

Titania ferries the Sage and the sage ORKOs the boss easily with the thunder forge + wrath. In soren's case, he overkills by also having Adept. IVE DONE IT BEFORE so i know what im talking about. Titania wont ever have enough str to ORKO him without an 8% crit. And I never admitted that a sage doesnt cut turns off in 4-4. Heck, I always 7 turn the map without a sage but when I draft Soren, I 6 turn it. Thanks to Blizzard the first door in the west, then opening the sages door up north (they do move) and the rest is just ike rushing and getting the other doors and the generals in front of them. Heck, Meteor also helps deal with the stationary general in the southeast.

Damn it you people need to get different avatars so I can tell you apart. At this point I don't know which arguments were made by you and which were made by CR-S01. That is what's causing this confusion.

The 3-2 thing I can accept, but still not sure about 4-4. When you say "they do move," who are you talking about? The Sages inside? Because that's what it looks like you're saying, and I know they move. It's the units standing in front of the doors that are the problems. And for anything in the south east we already have Titania.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I sign up?

Of course. With that we get 3 people. Now, if they decide to start the game, just tell me the tgeam agreed upon and you guys can start right away. If you guys want to wait a few days to see if someone else wants to sign up thats fine too.

Edited by SlayerX

Titania ferries the Sage and the sage ORKOs the boss easily with the thunder forge + wrath. In soren's case, he overkills by also having Adept.

Note: Ilyana can also do this, less avoid ^^'. Besides, forging a thunder tome is really wasting gold unnecessarily, an Eltome is just enough. We have to have in count that we are having both Foxcar and Titania, who will need some forges. It is better to avoid wasting resources unnecessarily :P.

The 3-2 thing I can accept, but still not sure about 4-4. When you say "they do move," who are you talking about? The Sages inside? Because that's what it looks like you're saying, and I know they move. It's the units standing in front of the doors that are the problems. And for anything in the south east we already have Titania.

The units within the rooms DO move, the generals stay still. It's true that you need to send a unit to kill the generals guarding the chest rooms (4-4) but breaking doors from afar reduces time and one or two turns, because as soon as your unit climbs the ledge to reach the two northern rooms, he'd have already killed the two wind sages and probably the two warriors and the swordmaster from the other room, making your unit only kill the two gens and the two snipers in the way. Besides, the Archsage (Soren, imo) can help siege killing other gens on Oliver's room (helping Pass Ike), and can also kill a pacifist bishop in the corners. I'm pretty sure a siege archsage cuts one or two turns (assuming 8 as MY regular TC for 4-4), I did it with Tormod :3

I suggest having BOTH Ilyana and Soren. Why? Soren for Greil Army and Ilyana for Silver, it's true that two sages are quite redundant, but just for P3. Imo, having Ilyana for Silver is better than having Marcia (for example) on it in terms of reducing resources (because Marcia'll need a couple of forges to deal with the enemies at the desert, while Ilyana can get bunches of El/Arctomes).

By the way, Marcia can team up with Oscar for Hawk Army and maybe deal with enemies much faster, and help Elincia in 4-2. Marcia and Elincia can go through the southern and northern paths, respectively, rushing to Valtome while Oscar deals with enemies on the eastern part of the map.

For 4-5, you just need Elincia double Rescuing (with the Staff) someone with Reyson's help. If it is a foot/mounted unit, then it should have Pass and ORKO Izuka. If it is a flier, then, maybe just one Rescue is enough, don't know because I've never done it with two fliers, but for example, Elincia + Pelleas/Marksman can do it.

The only thing I see for having P4 Laguz Royals such as Tibarn, Naesala, Caineghis (not Giffca cause Mario>Luigi (no formshift)) is that they are just filling spots but not participating in the main strategy for a chapter, where Soren can Meteor/Blizzard doors and Ilyana can deal with the main army in 4-P and 4-3; they are just doing secondary tasks imo, unless Naesala is chosen for Silver.

If it is about the P4 Endgame, there's no problem since:

• Tits+Ike+Elincia+Marcia can Wyrmslay Dheg or get some help from Ilyana's Rexbolt.
  • No unit listed (on my team suggestion) can ORKO Sephiran, but Boots Parity Ike can double Sephiran and have Micaiah or one of the two Archsages kill him with Purge or Meteor (Tome blessed from Sanaki's inventory).
  • I don't think 4-E-5 can be 2 turned X_X

I'm cool with taking one Sage (still unsure about 4-4, but I'll take both your words for it; not like I have a better idea), but not two. Your previously listed team excludes Nailah, and I really doubt that 2nd Sage is going to make up for Nailah's contributions in 1-9 and 1-E (and 1-9 isn't only about mobility and power, but also location), especially since you only list it as a matter of "reducing resources" in part 4, which really should not be a big deal.

The mention of Tibarn/Cain/etc. was only for filling the last spot with a powerful unit, but if we have someone else, that's irrelevant.

So my list becomes:

1. Edward

2. Jill

3. Nailah

4. Elincia

5. Marcia

6. Nephenee

7. Titania

8. Soren

9. Oscar

Much as I don't like Soren and would love to say Ilyana should fill the spot (not that I particularly like her; I just don't like Soren), what few advantages she has probably aren't worth it in the long run.

Well, it seems the only thing left is deciding between Ilyana or Nailah...or other unit we haven't consider.

Edward + Ilyana is the same as Edward + Nailah, in terms of TC respecting 1-8. Both duos are able to 4 turn it. Regarding 1-E, it's all about Pass!Savior Sothe ferrying Miccy to the throne for a 5 turn. He can form a duo with Jill or Ilyana/Nailah (Nailah is a much more reliable option here because Ilyana'll have to Crtkill Jarod so Miccy can seize), but in the end, even Sothe+Jill get the 5 turn. Actually, I've never killed Jarod with Jill but I don't know if Adept Jill can ORKO him, I think she'll need something like 19Str and 23sp and a steelpoleaxe+Adept. Nailah naturally ORKOs Jarod. Ilyana will need like 21mag and an Arcthunder tome Crt.

What would it be your team distribution for P4?

• Silver - Jill, Marcia
  • Greil - Titania, Soren, Nailah, Edward
  • Hawk - Elincia, Nephenee, Oscar

Something like this^?

I know Nailah won't have trouble in 4-1 but I don't know if she'd have trouble in 4-4 due to lack of 1-2 range. Another thing, I don't know either, is if Elincia+Marcia can get a lower TC for 4-2 (as my P4 team distribution suggests) unsure.gif

Sighs...I don't know. Maybe let's see what Xander says. Or you try your team with Nails and I try mine with Ily XD

Edited by Quintessence

With Nailah:

Have Nailah deal with the western part of the map (the two thunder mages, the soldier, the pries and one or two bandits), have Edward stay north and kill the wind mages, the soldiers and the bandits (the northern ones and the northeastern ones). Resolve Miccy can easily deal with the southern enemies and Celerity Sothe can head to Radmin's area, killing a bandit and probably the draco if he enters Sothe's attack range.

Nailah's part is just using Player Phase to kill the priest and the two thunder mages.

With Ilyana:

The same thing as Nailah but here, Eddie or Ilyana do Nailah's job (in the west). Sothe and Miccy do the same as mentioned above.

Note: If Ilyana is taking the western part, she'll need a shove, or two, but Eddie can do that, so Ilyana can deal just with northern enemies.

I don't remember the things turn by turn, but basically, that's what both of them will have to do in order to get the 4 turn.

I see. I think it's a toss-up at this point. I'd still prefer Nailah for one less unit needing significant experience, better reliability in the part 1 maps, and superior Endgame performance, but I guess it won't make much difference either way.

I'm cool with taking one Sage (still unsure about 4-4, but I'll take both your words for it; not like I have a better idea), but not two. Your previously listed team excludes Nailah, and I really doubt that 2nd Sage is going to make up for Nailah's contributions in 1-9 and 1-E (and 1-9 isn't only about mobility and power, but also location), especially since you only list it as a matter of "reducing resources" in part 4, which really should not be a big deal.

The mention of Tibarn/Cain/etc. was only for filling the last spot with a powerful unit, but if we have someone else, that's irrelevant.

So my list becomes:

1. Edward

2. Jill

3. Nailah

4. Elincia

5. Marcia

6. Nephenee

7. Titania

8. Soren

9. Oscar

Much as I don't like Soren and would love to say Ilyana should fill the spot (not that I particularly like her; I just don't like Soren), what few advantages she has probably aren't worth it in the long run.

Looks good, but I'd prefer Nailah over Ilyana and Mia over Nephenee

Looks good, but I'd prefer Nailah over Ilyana and Mia over Nephenee

Madame and I have Neph on our teams due to 2-2, she can duo the map with a free unit (Luchi I think) and let Lucia be smitten by Mordecai (the best undrafted unit) in order to get the 4 turn clear.

I can't think on anyone else :/. Laura means getting B Light y 3-13, and that'll be hard if Jill and Eddy are doing everything. Lucia, Naesala...no.

Apparently no one else is joining, so I have no problem on closing sign ups and start this. Although I won't be starting it right now but in a few weeks or even a month.

Should I surrender and let go Ilyana? :(

You are free to start whenever you want. So long as you finish sometime in the next year.

In anycas, i think Nailah is way better than ilyana in terms of usefulness, considering you already have soren.

Sorry for double posting :/

Umm...Slayer, I think Madam, Xander and I all agree on the team, you should update the OP 83

Team - Edward, Jill, Nailah, Elincia, Marcia, Nephenne, Titania, Soren, Oscar

Lol 6 female units, this is like a female playthrough laugh.gif

Let the draft begin! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Umm...Slayer, I think Madam, Xander and I all agree on the team, you should update the OP 83

It has to be official though. In other words i have to hear it from them (as long as one of them approves its good to go, hence why i wanted atleast three not 2).

Edited by SlayerX

That's why Soren should have been Ilyana and Oscar should have been Mia. There's no reasonably replacing Edward, though.

It has to be official though. In other words i have to hear it from them (as long as one of them approves its good to go, hence why i wanted atleast three not 2).

Considering...

So my list becomes:

1. Edward

2. Jill

3. Nailah

4. Elincia

5. Marcia

6. Nephenee

7. Titania

8. Soren

9. Oscar

I see. I think it's a toss-up at this point. I'd still prefer Nailah for one less unit needing significant experience, better reliability in the part 1 maps, and superior Endgame performance, but I guess it won't make much difference either way.

I think I'm good.

What's this 4 turn strategy for 1-4? I know it involves Edward killing stuff, but I'm there now and I don't see how I could have made him strong enough to reliably live or kill enemies without a lot of Wrath triggers...

What's this 4 turn strategy for 1-4? I know it involves Edward killing stuff, but I'm there now and I don't see how I could have made him strong enough to reliably live or kill enemies without a lot of Wrath triggers...

Edward goes first goes down with sothe on his side. Eddie sits on his left and next to the south pot. Sothe kills first tiger and the cats die to Eddie. After that, Eddie goes right and Sothe goes left. Have Miccy chip/Sacrifice for Eddie as needed and dont rush too much. Dracoshield helps. Idk if he has to be blessed though, last time I did it with an average Eddie but his only stat that was blessed was def, so idk. Btw, the boss moves untransformed for some reason so hes easy to kill lol. Things that are required:

1. Iron Sword forge with Max MT and Crit.

2. Wrath of course.

3. An Eddie that doubles the cats. He needs 16 AS for this and he reaches it at level 9 on average, so this is actually feasible. My Eddies are always level 9 by then.

I've started, I'll update this post with part 1.

1-P 5 turns

Classic 5 turn. Edward was fed the kills.

1-1 4 turns

Micaiah was still level 1 by the end of the chapter. Nolan picked up the hand axe on the last turn. Edward was fed most of the kills again.

1-2 4 turns

Pretty much the standard strategy (Leonardo picks up Laura, Micaiah blocks off the soldiers) except I skipped all of the items and fed Edward as much as possible. Micaiah finally leveled up this chapter.

1-3 5 turns

1-4 4 turns

Edited by Xander

I suggest you spend some more time on micaiah given the fact that its pretty much mainstream to get a 4 turn of 1-8 (might be outdated by 6 months or so).

Edited by SlayerX

The 1-2 4 turn and a 1-3 5 turn clear makes the TC estimation drop to 172 turns

gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

To 5 turn 1-3 wouldn't you need to give Micaiah Thani? Or is there another strategy I'm missing?