Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But yet, you still do it all with Jan.

If you leave Jan in the corner and have him escape, the only thing you'll be doing is going through the second phase one unit down. It's an "Escape All" mission.

Is there a way, Archie ol' pal, to have Jan in the second half of Legault's story? I actually really love him and Legault's relationship.

I second that

NuRavenFormat-5.png

Credit: Nayrion Rosfarus

I also second this portrait, it looks phenomenal and I think Raven could use a quick update personally :)

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

Did you just google that portrait off google images or something because there's no source next to it

Because you shouldn't even be posting other people's artwork without at least giving them credit, let alone asking people to use it

That is extremely rude to the creator whoever they are

I ask the creator to not take any offense, but...he looks a bit...under the influence...

I thought the same but it also kind of makes him look sleep deprived and a bit crazy which about sums him up in Elibian Nights. XD

Did you just google that portrait off google images or something because there's no source next to it

Because you shouldn't even be posting other people's artwork without at least giving them credit, let alone asking people to use it

Well I'm pretty positive Arch isn't going to use it and if he were by some crazy chance I'm sure he'd give credit where it's due. I was just using it as an example so I don't see how anything further is necessary unless I or someone else was serious about using it, but to make you happy I did edit in the name of the original poster :)

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

A reverse image search gives me: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-21178.html

So it's Nayr's.

I thought the same but it also kind of makes him look sleep deprived and a bit crazy which about sums him up in Elibian Nights. XD

Well I'm pretty positive Arch isn't going to use it and if he were by some crazy chance I'm sure he'd give credit where it's due. I was just using it as an example so I don't see how anything further is necessary unless I or someone else was serious about using it, but to make you happy I did gave the name of the original poster :)

Arch definitely isn't going to be using it, since Nayr left the project and took all of his portraits with him.

And an example of what? I'm kinda confused here.

Oh hey, it's the old Raven that Nayr tried making for EN that got outdone by BwdYeti, The Blind Archer, and Niharu.

dsD1O59.png

I highly question your eye for aesthetic value if you think that Nayr's mug will be an improvement over the one I've currently got. Aside from the quality issues which rampantly persist through his works, there's a longish history between the two of us (which I don't expect people to know/care about - because I sure as hell don't care), and there's a reason his shit ain't in Elibian Nights no more.

Edited by Arch

Wait, so we're comparing Nayr's to BwdYeti+TBA+Niharu's mug which is apparently a collaboration between them?

NuRavenFormat-5.png vs dsD1O59.png

Um... Nayr's looks way better to me. The face shading on the current one looks super vertical and like straight lined. Neck looks splotchy, and considering this is a character who swore vengeance on house Ostia, I think the serious expression on Nayr's mug, for once, matches better. The biggest upside of the current one is it actually looks older though, so I'll give you that much.

It doesn't seem the current mug is a vast upgrade, rather it looks like a downgrade. Not to say you can just use Nayr's anyway, you have to stick with what you've got, but I think his is much better.

Edited by Klokinator

Klok, he's smiling because he just got his revenge.

Anyways, I stand to disagree with you. Nayr's looks like Raven got his hands on some hard drugs. The pauldron's angling is glaring, Nayr's habit of overusing the outline color is as apparent as ever, and not to mention it's the same face he always sprites. I'm pretty sure it's just a simple OA trace and he didn't even age the character. This was probably made for EN at some point (I do vaguely recall), and rejected for these reasons.

Edited by Arch

Klok, he's smiling because he just got his revenge.

Anyways, I stand to disagree with you. Nayr's looks like Raven got his hands on some hard drugs. The pauldron's angling is glaring, Nayr's habit of overusing the outline color is as apparent as ever, and not to mention it's the same face he always sprites. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure it's just a simple OA trace and he didn't even age the character. I'm pretty sure this was probably made for EN at some point, and rejected because a better mug was created.

5poilersss!!1!1!1!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the fact it isn't aged properly, and on that sprite thread he specifically stated it was 'based' on the OA. That being said, your current one could still use some work. Inb4 it's already been fixed for the final update

Is it just me, or is this thread becoming a bit of a hot bed (is this the correct way of saying it?) for arguments? First the whole deal with Igrene's sprite, then the whole debacle with Rennac, now this...