Elibean Nights

Arch

Speaking of plotholes, [spoiler= Renault related]is Kishuna still Renaults old pal in this?

No, I haven't played the new version The Renault Kishuna issue isn't really a plot hole, I guess, but Renault talks to Nergal about his Morph-friend being a shell, while Nergal specifically mentions Kishuna having emotions, so I don't think they're bros.

I also think Renault would've been mentioned in Kishunas flashbacks if he were.

I guess that should be in spoilers...

I could be remembering FE7 wrong.

It isn't a big deal, really. And it technically is all speculation.

You've discussed this before, somewhere, I bet :x knowing my luck...

While I'm not entirely sure if Kishuna is Renault's old friend, it does make a lot of sense to me.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm not entirely sure if Kishuna is Renault's old friend, it does make a lot of sense to me.

GIVE ME YOUR SECRETSSSSSSSSSS

I DEMAND PLOTHOLESSSSSSSS

Also, regarding L95's point:

[spoiler=L95's Point]While it is never 100% confirmed, it is hinted at. Renault worked for Nergal centuries ago; the agreement was that Renault would allow himself to be experimented on and use his skill to collect Quintessence for Nergal's cause. In exchange, the first morph would be a recreation of his lost friend. It is stated, in Kishuna's side chapters, that Kishuna is one of Nergal's earliest (if not the actual first) creations, whom Nergal regards as an utter failure. Renault left Nergal's service once he met his "revived" friend; he found it to be a soul-less creature, not a revival of Renault long-lost best friend as was promised. Since Kishuna is Nergal's earliest known work, the connection has been drawn that Kishuna is, in fact, the attempt to recreate Nergal's friend.

Now you've sparked me to draw out the entire Renault timeline. Gah....

I agree with you point on Kishuna being an early morph but I really doubt he's the first.

"...I name you Kishuna. You are the only morph to whom I've given emotions. It won't suffice simply to refer to you as a number. It is said man was sculpted by the hands of the gods. If so, then you, who were sculpted by these, my hands... And I, whose labors gave you breath and life... What are we, then? What does that make us? In your fabricated heart, which I gave unto you, what is it that you believe, Kishuna?"

Strikes me as meaning Nergal has made morphs before.

Though, with how the game handles it, a mysterious abandonded morph and Renault, it really seems like it. But the empty puppet and Kishunas emotions don't line up, IMO. I do like the plot point, either way, just kinda wish it made more sense ingame.

Nergals personality definetly suggests this is very early in time, back when Nergal still seemed to give a shit about peeps, to an extent. I wonder if he still remembered Aenir back then?

But yeah, I just felt like bringing it up :v

There isn't really much else beyond this that isn't speculation, so there isn't much to discuss. XD

Edited by L95

You're right, that is something that I was wrong on. I'm not sure if this detail is mentioned in Elibian Nights, but it is not implied that Kishuna is one of the first.

Even though Kishuna is the only morph to whom Nergal has given emotions, perhaps they are imperfect? Renault may have been deceived by these emotions, but perhaps, after spending time with his revived friend, saw through the facade and was enraged?

Thanks for bringing this up, actually. I've been meaning to refine the Renault plot-line.

Edited by Arch

[spoiler=regarding the Kishuna thing]Kishuna is the first morph Nergal created with emotions, not the first morph. It's been mentioned that there were more prototypes before Kishuna, and it's also possible Renault's friend was one of them.

Just my two cents.

Man. I really need to get around to actually playing this...

I haven't really thought of doing it. I'll stop commenting until I do. Sorry XD

Don't worry about it :P:.

Anyways, I figured I should update people as to what's going on. I've been lacking Ravenspiration lately, so I haven't touched his tale since the FEE3 demo. Figured I needed to start getting back into the groove of things, though, so I can finish this project at some point soonish. So, I started importing the last three tales. After I copy/paste those into the new ROM, I just need 5-2 and the final chapter, plus Creative Liberties and whatever else my mind hatches between now and release day.

thischapteragain.png

RAGARUTO RETURNS!

Edited by Arch

Actually, it's not even a custom palette. It's literally "Fields: Night" just applied to a "Mountains & Shrine" map. If you're down to do something about it, I definitely appreciate it.

Actually, it's not even a custom palette. It's literally "Fields: Night" just applied to a "Mountains & Shrine" map. If you're down to do something about it, I definitely appreciate it.

Yeah, I know, and yeah I can do a custom, I'll pm you or something when I have it all ready to be inserted.

Does there need to be a fog version as well?

[spoiler=regarding the Kishuna thing]Kishuna is the first morph Nergal created with emotions, not the first morph. It's been mentioned that there were more prototypes before Kishuna, and it's also possible Renault's friend was one of them.

Just my two cents.

[spoiler=Kishuna]

I don't think that's quite accurate. As I recall, Kishuna was meant to be the first sapient morph. Free thought, conscious, not a mindless drone. Nergal asked him about his opinions/beliefs/etc and decided that he was a failure when he couldn't answer.

Emotions were, I believe, the one thing Kishuna did have. As he cries Nergal's name upon his death.

:P Idk how to obtain it, though, I forget.

[spoiler=How to get the Heaven Seal]

Kill Efta in Pent's first tale. IIRC.

Edited by The Illusive Man

The Black Fang should've been given more justice in the games.

I actually liked the Reed brothers, Uhai, and Legault as characters. x.x

Now I'm so hyped for Legault's tale. xD

Just want to say it's a great hack. I love how you try to stay as close as possible of the official storyline and of the average stats. I hope the plot will become even more consistent and believable. Good work on the sprite (even if I'm not found of this hairy Dan).

Can't wait for the next update !

Just want to say it's a great hack. I love how you try to stay as close as possible of the official storyline and of the average stats. I hope the plot will become even more consistent and believable. Good work on the sprite (even if I'm not found of this hairy Dan).

Can't wait for the next update !

I love that this narrative that I have a problem with plot-holes and consistency is setting in. Bladehero disses my plot, we joke about it here, discuss the Kishuna bit, and now all of the sudden I've got a widespread problem. Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear that you're excited for the next update (which is just another short little tangent away).

If you find anything to be actually unbelievable or inconsistent, please bring it to my attention. I pride myself on making this as legitimate as possible, so if there are actual issues, I like to be made aware of them. But if it's just commenting on a whacky false narrative, I'd rather not be reading it.

morelegault.png

Anyways, I knocked out Legault's tale pretty quick. Now I've just got to mend that ending event to stop it from crashing :P:.

P.S. Bladehero, I'm still waiting on you to point out those plot-holes.

Edited by Arch

Thanks.

Actually, I still can't find them. I'm having characters stand on different grass spaces and trees, but nothing's showing up. Am I being an idiot, or is my luck bad because the items are randomly found?

Edited by Shugey