Ike's SkillsA

Aether is pretty good, but I really prefer Wrath+Resolve. Kills things so much easier.

Same here. I used to give him Aether when I didn't know better. But now I do. And since Resolve comes so late, I would just go Wrath alone, then Wrath + Nihil, then finally Wrath + Resolve.

What can I say? I'm paranoid when it comes to the Black Knight.

Yea im not only one :) But another one i do is Adept and renewal but no kings ring if you go with renewal :/

I like how if Adept actives it kind of helps with Black knight :)

Edited by agility

Aether is nice and shiny, but I always skip it when seriously attempting the Black Knight battle (I find Wrath and/or Adept much more reliable, especially when you can always avoid Luna hits on Easy/Normal mode). That and going on a Resolve rampage afterwards is always fun.

I use Aether all the way until Resolve becomes accessible, then Wrath/Resolve is just plainly better than Aether, especially vs Ashnard. I never bother giving Ike any other skills until then. I like what Aether does enough to warrant keeping it on him, though Wrath/Adept is probably more reliable than Aether vs Black Knight.

• 2 weeks later...

Only ever used Aether but I should try Adept+Resolve in my next Difficult Fixed Growths playthrough. Nearly every time I've played through the game I've had to reset Chapter 27 because Aether never activated vs the BK and thus I couldn't beat him. Since I only ever play on Difficult these days, Nasir > Ena by a country mile.

• 3 weeks later...

Aether is Ike's signature move. I never NOT give it to him. He just doesn't feel like Ike without it. Plus, I've been able to beat the Black Knight and Ashnard just fine with it. Never once have I failed, actually, except if the BK somehow kills Ike first, which has rarely happened as it is.

Edited by Anacybele

Aether is nice and shiny, but I always skip it when seriously attempting the Black Knight battle (I find Wrath and/or Adept much more reliable, especially when you can always avoid Luna hits on Easy/Normal mode). That and going on a Resolve rampage afterwards is always fun.

Not always. My sister and I have been Normal Mode recently, and we both went up against the Black Knight. That Luna activation rate is stupidly high, because we both had our Ike's asses handed to us by 4 Luna strikes...per attempt. It was, quite honestly, ridiculous to see Ike with maxed out strength, nearly maxed out skill, maxed out speed, and very high luck to get slammed so badly.

This is why I never trust the RNG.

Edited by Duels at Dawn

Aether is Ike's signature move. I never NOT give it to him. He just doesn't feel like Ike without it. Plus, I've been able to beat the Black Knight and Ashnard just fine with it. Never once have I failed, actually, except if the BK somehow kills Ike first, which has rarely happened as it is.

Well, the main problem I have with Aether is that when I face the Black Knight, it almost never activates even if Ike has max Skill, even if I use Mist to heal Ike so that he can attack more. Approximately two out of every three playthroughs I've had to reset the chapter because Aether never activated. I've never liked the Black Knight battle because even if you land every single normal hit it is possible to hit him with during the five-turn limit, he has something annoying like 3HP left.

Of course, based on what I've read, I just happen to have incredibly unfortunate luck during the Black Knight fight, because it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else (and why would it? With maxed out skill, Ike has, or should have, a 26% chance to activate Aether each time he bloody attacks).

So I'm very tempted to try out a different skill combo to see how reliable it is.

On the subject of Ashnard, it doesn't really matter whether Ike pulls off an Aether or not when you're up against him unless you are unfortunately low on healing items/staves and need to kill him quickly.

Whenever I feel like I might lose the BK fight, I just retreat. Nasir isn't worth the trouble.

As for Ashnard, he's easy enough. maxed out Ike with support or healing can take him, or just leave it to the royal.

Aether is useful for taking on masses of regular enemies without needing healing from others.

Funniest thing I ever did: I gave Ike Miracle, screwed up horribly on Blood Runs Red, and found out that the Black Knight and Ike have a further dialogue exchange if Ike somehow survives a round with him. Double Miracle activation is awesome! ^w^

Funniest thing I ever did: I gave Ike Miracle, screwed up horribly on Blood Runs Red, and found out that the Black Knight and Ike have a further dialogue exchange if Ike somehow survives a round with him. Double Miracle activation is awesome! ^w^

Really? Do you remember what they said?