The second batch of DLC

Well, having glasses is one thing, innertubes still seem out of place in an medieval-setting game.

I'm not surpriseed to see one though; we're talking about a game that uses the adjective "dasai" (odd, rural, inexperienced in urban style) and anime-derived phrases like "hinnyuu" (flat-chested) - both derogatory comments Tiamo got from her fellow knights.

I wouldn't really think too much of the inner tube. It is an "other world" resort, unless it's location is specified the DLC could take place in a "world" where the plastics used have been developed.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question regarding the DLC.

In the Future of Despair, the parent's in the main game are the same as the parents in the alternate world of FoD, right? So a male MU that married Velvet would decide Chambray's hair colour (Or at least his little bit of changeable hair colour in his case) and get a conversation with him, correct?

But do the Mark's get altered at all by this? Would a Nono mothered Female Mark be half-manakete? The aforementioned Velvet mothered Female Mark half-taguel? Does the game take into account second-gen romances (though I suppose that would be impossible given the setting)?

Because if the FoD!Nn for instance, recognises Male MU as her father and so does a fully human female FoD!Mark, then that raises the question of what exactly MU was doing in that timeline. Though given that Boss!Mark seems to have a fixed hiar colour, we could ask some questions of a Female MU too. Or is it just that there are alternate world Mark's jumping around, which would explain the existence of both Female and Male Mark in the same timeline?

...And yeah, the 'quick question' expanded somewhat once I started typing.

Quick question regarding the DLC.

In the Future of Despair, the parent's in the main game are the same as the parents in the alternate world of FoD, right? So a male MU that married Velvet would decide Chambray's hair colour (Or at least his little bit of changeable hair colour in his case) and get a conversation with him, correct?

But do the Mark's get altered at all by this? Would a Nono mothered Female Mark be half-manakete? The aforementioned Velvet mothered Female Mark half-taguel? Does the game take into account second-gen romances (though I suppose that would be impossible given the setting)?

Because if the FoD!Nn for instance, recognises Male MU as her father and so does a fully human female FoD!Mark, then that raises the question of what exactly MU was doing in that timeline. Though given that Boss!Mark seems to have a fixed hiar colour, we could ask some questions of a Female MU too. Or is it just that there are alternate world Mark's jumping around, which would explain the existence of both Female and Male Mark in the same timeline?

...And yeah, the 'quick question' expanded somewhat once I started typing.

MUxVelvet does not make Mark half-Taguel, as she had no beast weakness in FoD2, though Chambray recognized MU instantly (and had his hair). I can't really test MUxNono, because Female Mark is a Dragonmaster and has a dragon weakness regardless. Alternate world Marks jumping around or GiMUle fooling around are possible explanations, but the real explanation IMO is "Mark's parentage is too variable to work with." There's no sensible explanation for FoD!Mark to have a 2nd-gen parent, so s/he won't reflect one, and making him/her change for first-gen parents but not second-gen parents is unfair and could even suggest that 2nd-gen partners were "non-canon," and IS certainly doesn't want that. Thus, Boss Marks have fixed hair and race, and don't recognize anyone but MU.

So, besides the require Krom x the highest support leveled woman/generic village girl = Lucina. What if you haven't S supported any of the parents for the DLC? What's their hair color? XD

Default (parent's)

MUxVelvet does not make Mark half-Taguel, as she had no beast weakness in FoD2, though Chambray recognized MU instantly (and had his hair). I can't really test MUxNono, because Female Mark is a Dragonmaster and has a dragon weakness regardless. Alternate world Marks jumping around or GiMUle fooling around are possible explanations, but the real explanation IMO is "Mark's parentage is too variable to work with." There's no sensible explanation for FoD!Mark to have a 2nd-gen parent, so s/he won't reflect one, and making him/her change for first-gen parents but not second-gen parents is unfair and could even suggest that 2nd-gen partners were "non-canon," and IS certainly doesn't want that. Thus, Boss Marks have fixed hair and race, and don't recognize anyone but MU.

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Judging by the way the Mark's fails to recognise ANYONE who's not MU, including herself/himself, I'm going to have to go with alternate timeline Mark's hopping about as the in-universe explanation. Because I can't imagine a single MU calling both his/her son and daughter Mark in the same timeline.

Edited by Onestep

There's default sets of who the fathers are for the children?

No, I mean the mothers. Like how in the trailer, Selena was depicted as having red hair, like Tiamo.

There's default sets of who the fathers are for the children?

He meant the parent who the child is linked to, in most cases (barring Krom and a Male MU) the mother. So Nn has light green hair, Noire has black hair, Selena has red hair etc etc.

There are some bizzare exceptions though. Degel has brown/greyish hair amd Chambray has a white tuft of hair for instance. Going by the trailer anyway.

Hmm. It seems that the swimsuits are limited to the CGs when you send those four characters to a building Anna points out - and when you send any Sorcerer into battle. Not Dark Mages, just Sorcerers. Even the enemy Sorcerers on the map don swimsuits.

Three enemies drop Bond Seeds; no others drop any items. The enemies, aside from the Assassin boss with a Brave Sword and the third Bond Seed, are in pairs: a promoted unit and a corresponding unpromoted one, the latter always with more skills. Even though in the case of the Dark Mages one of those added skills is Strength +2.

That sounds kind of weird, especially only Sorcerers getting swimsuits (and no 3d models for the characters who get special CGs?)... Oh, well, at least that means that the Spotpass characters can get swimsuits here.

Edited by NeonZ

If you want a real wizard, you'll need to summon shadowofchaos and his 3DS capture card.

I was having a hard enough time powerleveling all the classes to get your skill icons :P

I got an exam in 3 hours and homework to do. Besides I still gotta play the Future of Despair DLC. XD

I'll get screenshots/videos for you guys eventually. lol.

Sarya's back bugs me. I can't make sense of it. She seems to be both standing up and bending over at the same time.

No new map announced for next week, looks like. Strange.

Edited by Othin

Sarya's back bugs me. I can't make sense of it. She seems to be both standing up and bending over at the same time.

There is only one possible explanation for it. And it only needs one word. One. Word.

"Japan".

It looks physically quite possible, but I don't think she'd be able to stay in that position for long...unless she had really good balance and didn't mind a backache. Still, anime physics. Actually, I think shadowofchaos sums it up nicely.