The second batch of DLC

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be archetype related? I don't know much about Clerbe to comment on both having Sol. Life Absorb I can understand, although it seems more fitting on Nergal and they could have given Gharnef something else like a damage-halving skill or one of the avoid raisers. Many skills would be more fitting of Lute, but War Knowledge does sum up her bookishness.

On Est, the eyes coupled with that grin make her seem more creepy than cute. The rest of her body looks very 90's to me and I'm ok with it. Once again, a face devoid of soul ruins a DLC artwork for me.

Not sure what pattern is in the new DLC batch, but Marcus (6/7) and Othin (5) seem likely soon, in my opinion. I think Est was chosen to fill the gap in female and other-than-Marth representation from Akaneia, the setting of 1/3rd of the series. They chose Lyn over Eliwood after all.

Hmm. Alvis already has Great Shield, while Lyon took Magic Expert and Julius has Wrath. I guess he could've had Holy Shield?

I'm also expecting Othin, and probably some Elibe and Tellius characters - one of each. Marcus is definitely a possibility.

wha

Just the old art or new artwork for her?

Old Path of Radiance artwork. She's just one of the units handed out daily via SpotPass and not a special DLC chapter, so they just use the original character illustration from PoR.

EDIT: And am I the only one disappointed with how they handled the logo for the FE9 SpotPass team under the SpotPass menu? All it is is Roy's GBA map sprite recolored to make him resemble Ike more. Granted, I had no idea how they were gonna actually represent the game, but this just seems lazy.

Isn't it the same sprite they used for FE9's savefile icon in the GC's data management menu?

Edited by NeonZ

Isn't it the same sprite they used for FE9's savefile icon in the GC's data management menu?

If it is, I never actually knew that. Haven't looked at that menu in ages, at least with PoR save data. Same goes for the Wii version of said menu.

Ended up with Ashnard. Bonus is Renewal. Even with a few teams left, maybe I'll track what order I get them in...

I've tracked which order I get most of the units.

Currently I've got Zihark and Mia so I'm imagining I'm going to get Ike, Ashnard, then probably Mist then Soren. I don't like the first two I get since in a lot of cases like FE4 gen 2, FE5, FE2, FE1 and FE9 now where I get the same class or a class and it's promotion in a row.

Yeah, it's a great map.

That music isn't new; it shows up several times in the regular game. I think it's mainly used for the Battle Preparations screen in several endgame maps, including Algol's original map, Ch21. As for the Sound Room, it doesn't access any DLC content, same with the rest of the Extras menu. Total songs there are still the original 77; I just checked.

Do you need to download any of this DLC to get the next "part" like the tailsmans, or can you just choose one?

The old future chapters look pretty cool, not so much with the High school/Beach ones. I know this is Japanese DLC, but really?

Do you need to download any of this DLC to get the next "part" like the tailsmans, or can you just choose one?

The old future chapters look pretty cool, not so much with the High school/Beach ones. I know this is Japanese DLC, but really?

So far they're all free, but we haven't gotten any of the hopeless future DLC yet, which seem to be the ones most likely to have a specific order. Also, there's no high school DLC, come on. How is a beach anything like high school?

I'm fairly certain the recolored Roy sprite was used for GC memory management, yeah.

Looking at it now, and yeah it is. I never actually knew that. I still think it was kind of a lazy move, but at this point Im just being nitpicky; it's not really a huge deal.

Maybe it was a lazy move back then (you see traces of laziness in a lot of IS's games anyway), but here in FE13 it feels like a nice reference to the save file icon to me.

I'm now even more interested in what sprite might FE10 be represented with.

Maybe it was a lazy move back then (you see traces of laziness in a lot of IS's games anyway), but here in FE13 it feels like a nice reference to the save file icon to me.

I'm now even more interested in what sprite might FE10 be represented with.

Anyone want to bet that it would be a picture of Yune?

High School? There is no High School DLC, the convo ones are Festival, Swim Suit, and Hot Springs.

Edited by Fanfaire

The Talismans are the only ones dependent on other DLC.

High School was Momo's joke poking fun of the beach and hot springs levels. The developers are not fucking braindead.

Yeah, unlike everyone else, she wasn't redesigned to match FE13's classes, unlike the other DLC characters with new art. Most changes to her there come just from the artist's own art style.

Edited by NeonZ