So what do you think of this FE6 balance patch?

Gold Vanguard

This patch was not created by me it was from a guy from Gamefaq called gringe666. Anyways here whats in it....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ey4nczczmmcvy95/FE6-gheblybalancedv1.0.zip

Patch should be applied to any FE6 ROM. Should work along with the translation patch too.

Basic rundown of changes:

-Changed all weapons to FE7 values (except monetary values and certain Legendaries)

-Increased weight of Legendary magic tomes

-Decreased Swordmaster and Berserker crit bonuses to 15

-Increased Roy's promotion bonuses rather significantly to compensate for his late promotion (HP +8, Con +2, everything else +5)

-Increased the starting levels and base stats of many characters who started late at a pathetically low level (exceptions: Wendy to a degree though she is improved slightly, and Sophia, who has had some minor base boosts and massive growth boosts)

-Gonzales comes at level 11 both routes

-Attempted to balance characters to be worth using for different reasons. Documentation is included in the download link above. Most characters have the same role they had originally, but many prepromotes in particular have been made to excel in certain stats (IE Cecilia now has a notable Mag advantage over Clarine, Garret is now relatively tanky, Marcus is now pretty much the same as FE7 Marcus, Zealot has weak bases but great growths, etc.)

-Increased Thief speed cap to 30 to compensate for the fact that they can't promote

-Increased all of Merlinus' growths to 255% and his defensive caps to 30. Hey, if you've gotta dodge 100 times to level up, might as well make it worthwhile if you actually bother. >_>

So... among the largest improvements were to Marcus, and amongst the least were to Sofiya and Wendy?

This. Sounds like it could use some work on the actual balancing. FE6 Marcus is probably one of the most balanced Jeigans in the series.

Upon reading some of his GFAQs topic, I think I've found the problem: You know, you're right. I changed stats with the assumption that all prepromos were bad

Edited by bottlegnomes

Hmm. Might try this out if I get the chance. Once I finish my other FE6 run with the normal patch. Just curious, but are the enemy stats altered any, or is this all player character?

Edited by Diortem

Hmm. Might try this out if I get the chance. Once I finish my other FE6 run with the normal patch. Just curious, but are the enemy stats altered any, or is this all player character?

Mostly Player characters.