Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Game Over

Grace

ah fuck it

shinori it's not possible for you to be scum with scum!safeguard (assuming there are no role duplicates) because that's my other ability

Okay. Coherent sentences, now. Cam, are you claiming self!safeguard (aka commuter) or safeguard? If it's the former, why the fuck didn't you claim D1? If it's the latter, I'll expound on that later.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinori is the highest on my scumspect list for reasons I already stated, so I voted for him. Rein (and to a lesser extent Iris) have been less active so they aren't as bad IMO, but both of their lack of scumhunting as well as jumping on my wagon doesn't make them look great.

3 "visiting me sucks" claims. What the fuck.

Shinori, proving your role doesn't mean you're town. I'm not really liking how insistent you are about that, but whatever, Cam's still a lot worse (no, I don't think he's improved since my tirade in D1). I don't personally want to lynch between Cam and Shinori yet because I kind of think Helios is the better lynch right now but I would back off on that if everyone decided so. I'm keeping my vote the same for now.

@Aere: That's her point...

@Iris: I'm interpreting him as he's claiming alternating granny/safeguard, like Rapier's role.

I think it isn't hard, Helios. So many of your posts are low content self-defense (your most recent one is a good example. The whole thing is self defense) and a lot of fluff. Is everyone who votes you scummy now? How are we allegedly "not scumhunting" when a significant amount of your content is just trying to make people voting you look bad. Your behavior all game has not been too great. Seems to me like you're just struggling to get votes off you as scum.

Yeah. Right helios. Cause I only wanted to lynch you once you got to L-2 and I definitely didn't want you lynched yesterday at all. Nope. No way. I just feel that you are guaranteed scum and there isn't any reason to not lynch you, but I wanted to pressure the other scummy players.

Also if i use my role right it does prove that I'm town.

I was thinking it was your secondary role because you mentioned you could prove your alignment right after you mentioned proving your second role. Also if your first role could prove your alignment we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Hi I'm here. Yes, I'm aware I said I would have a vote on by phase end. But, at phase end, if you go read back, there was mass confusion as to who we were going to lynch. So, I actually had a page open where I had a vote ready to place in case someone tied up the votes. But, I didn't want to place the vote until we had a lynch target settled. And yes, I get the fact that it still seems scummy that I wouldn't place a vote, but consider this. If I was scum, I'd be aware that not placing a vote would look super scummy. I'd also be aware of the fact that most people were ok with a Rapier lynch so that when he flipped town as he did I wouldn't be the only one to look bad. The reason I didn't put a vote down was because I was ok with either a Helios or a Rapier lynch and people weren't sold.

Not really. People are picked on when they hammer someone and that player turns out to be Town, not when they don't vote. When I was scum on Xenoblade Mafia (or whatever it was called) and I didn't participate on the Marth wagon, I was able to get through without looking as scummy as, say, the others who followed the wagon.

Also, did you mention that you were ok with either a lynch on me or Helios at any point?

I have to agree with your Core read. I didn't like the way he just changed votes to me and didn't even justify himself. He also suggested NL after we had lost a townie, that isn't benefitial to the town at all.

My role isn't necessarily a 'Don't touch me' one: I can redirect actions if I choose to idle/if I used my investigative action last time.

Uhh

You could be lying about your role

Why would he start all this role discussion, then? He 'roleclaimed' when he didn't have to, so we can assume that he did this in order to prevent us from targetting him.

.. But this doesn't really make sense if he's a Commuter. He didn't have to warn us about his role because it doesn't harm the town in any way.

If you had inspected me on night 1 when I used my role and I hadn't of claimed it Rapier you would have had a wasted night, not know if I was town, not know if I was scum, and it would have been a complete waste of time and we would still have no cop report. We don't really anyway but that's beside the point.

Also, Scorri, Commuter could pretty much confirm my role now with Cam's safeguard claim. Because Scum!commuter is worthless. It's not a 100% clear but it's more of a clear than anything else.

My second role still proves my alignment if used right. You can keep saying it doesn't but I know what it is and you don't therefore I'm pretty sure I know more than you about it. =|

Shinori: Yes I know you know your role better than me, but no role will 100% prove alignment unless it comes right out and publicly announces your alignment. The mods can always be screwing with us. Even if your role makes it seem 99% certain that you're town, it doesn't prove it. The only things that prove roles are flips, 100% trusted cop reports, or something that publicly shows your alignment.

Rapier:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:22 PM It depends on Rapier's claim. I'd be ok with a Helios lynch or a Rapier lynch, but Rapier's not claiming is making me more suspicious of him to be honest.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:37 PM Voteless are me, Core, and Rapier. Right now, I'd be ok with either a Helios or Rapier lynch. [...]

Yes I did say it.

Why would he start all this role discussion, then? He 'roleclaimed' when he didn't have to, so we can assume that he did this in order to prevent us from targetting him.

.. But this doesn't really make sense if he's a Commuter. He didn't have to warn us about his role because it doesn't harm the town in any way.

My point was that saying "I claim commuter and commuter doesn't make sense as scum" doesn't mean anything because we don't know for sure that he is a commuter.

I can say "I claim Oracle and Oracle doesn't make sense as scum" and it won't mean anything because you don't know if I'm Oracle.

People could have targeted me last night. I think one or two people even requested that someone visit me. By the looks of it no one decided to waste their night on it.

Paperblade is your current scum reads: Cam/me - Helios - Core/aere?

Or something like that? Just curious.

@Rein: I read it as that, too. But I want Cam to clarify himself.

Also, still think Helios is scummy + between Cam and Shinori, leaning Cam!scum, but would like that response from Cam first.

People could have targeted me last night. I think one or two people even requested that someone visit me. By the looks of it no one decided to waste their night on it.

Paperblade is your current scum reads: Cam/me - Helios - Core/aere?

Or something like that? Just curious.

That looks about right

[spoiler=Day One Votals]Votals:

Iris (1): Paperblade, Shinori, Aere, Helios

Shinori (0): Helios, Rapier, scorri, Helios, Paperblade

Aere (0): Elieson, CT075

Rapier (3): Aere, eclipse, Aere, Iris

Delirium (0): Strider, Elieson

Strider (0): Iris

CT075 (1): scorri, Iris, Elieson, Strider

Elieson (0): Paperblade, Rapier, Helios, Delirium

Strider (0): Paperblade

Helios (2): eclipse, Shinori, Paperblade, Iris, Delirium, Paperblade

scorri (0): CT075

Not voting: Rapier, scorri, CT075, Delirium

Voting History:

Paperblade: Iris > Elieson > Strider > Helios > Shinori > Helios

Helios: Shinori > Unvote > Elieson > Unvote > Shinori > Iris

Elieson: Aere > CT075 > Core

Aere: Rapier > Iris > Unvote > Rapier

CT075: Aere > Unvote > scorri > Unvote

Strider: Delirium > Unvote > CT075

Iris: Strider > CT075 > Unvote > Helios > Rapier

Shinori: Iris > Helios

Rapier: Shinori > Elieson > ForcedUnvote

scorri: CT075 > Unvote > Shinori > Unvote

Delirium: Elieson > ForcedUnvote > Helios > Unvote

eclipse: Helios > Rapier

Votals:

scorri (0): Shinori

Helios (3): Rapier, Paperblade, Iris, Strider

Delirium (2): scorri, CT075

CT075 (2): Shinori, Paperblade

Shinori (1): Helios

Not voting: Aere, Delirium

Voting History:

Shinori: scorri > CT075

Rapier: Helios

Paperblade: Helios > CT075

Iris: Helios

Strider: Helios

scorri: Delirium

CT075: Delirium

Helios: Shinori

There are 44 hours and 30 minutes left in the day. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch outright.

considering i out and said it directly yes

i can choose to activate my granny OR i can choose to safeguard someone at night

i'm pretty sure there are no role duplicates

Only problem is, I'm pretty sure one of my abilities is safeguard, Cam.

##Vote: Cam

did you just disagree with me on "i don't think there are any role duplicates" and then vote me because you have one of the same abilities as me

wat

MANIX ARE THERE ANY ROLE DUPLICATES CAN YOU CONFIRM/DENY

Hmm, that's interesting, Aere.

I did not disagree, I quoted that, because on that logic, one of us would have to be scum.

There's no way in hell that Manix will confirm or deny that.

I'm an alchemist, and one of my abilities is to warp a user away (one shot), preventing night actions from targeting them sans mafia kill.

cam, are you scum?