Theatre Mafia GAME OVER

Snike

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, in posting, there is voice. Voice is the medium of expression. It is what differentiates us from one another as people and as players of the game. It is the subtle flavor that chews up our deepest thoughts and spits them out as manufactured words, stolen of a bank gone dry many moons ago. It has occurred many times past; when The Great DJ played the record of life, he pushed his fingertips upon humid, full vinyl, while those who were witness might've sworn, a blue match flew forth, but they have long since tucked into narrow beds on wooden floors, replaced like decaying batteries. Some say voice is just vibration. Vibration turned to pitch, black as tar, taken literally there is no shortage, no famine of imitation with a cold core of digital numbers, parameters too narrow to grasp and hold the intangible. Words are wisps of wind, and if you figure out how to bottle them up, you might just see how they leave traces of cracks etched in the rock, crystallized for thirsty archeologists to drink when the time comes.

tl;dr I will continue to have my fun.

strawman's town because he's un-confident as scum, elieson was too reasonable to get jumped by manix, who reacts too unnaturally and posts things like "I have a feeling that you're trying to do something here..." which is a typical vague scum line; most obviously, in that first post i quoted, manix dwells somewhere useless and goes nowhere with it

SB has since disappeared, which is very scummy

@scorri, you still haven't introduced yourself, and you need to expand your viewpoint (and work on density)

Weapons: Ok, first that post made me laugh, thank you for that. Second of all, ok. That's more along the lines of what I was hoping to see. I'm still not 100% sold on you, but I'm also aware I'm starting to tunnel here so I'm going to back off for now.

##unvote

I plan rereading tomorrow and posting some more then. I probably won't post again tonight unless someone makes a post directed at me. So keep that in mind.

Also, hello Weapons, I'm scorri. It's nice to meet you. I hope we all play our best.

Don't feel scorri wagon, her first response to Bananas also looked like an attempt to halt rolespec (which she wasn't starting) that she later corrected. Find her Weapons vote misguided though, I'm not finding it hard to tell where Weapons is coming from despite his low wordcount. Thoughts on other targets, eg Manix and BBM?

Cut by scorri empty unvoting while reading. Irritating but looks like SFplayerbase/general so.

BBM looks unimpressive, Marth prodvote was pointless and he could have made that scorri vote back when he voted Marth, yet he didn't until Paperblade voted scorri. Why? Explain if scorri's posts after your Marth vote affected your opinion on her.

@Shinori: Manix was voting me as if I were a lurker. Content level of my posts was fine for when I made them.

@Shinori: like Prims said, Manix parked his vote and basically complained that Prims was inactive/lurking... during RVS

Weapons always plays like this so I'm not thinking much of it. Then again I don't think I have any experience with scum!Weapons, although he is a very good player

@Prims, BBM's switch to scorri was at like the same time as mine so it likely wasn't influenced by mine. I didn't think it was very scummy

##Unvote:

##Vote: Serious Bababas or whatever your name is

I feel like this is fine for now. Don't like posts 104, 107, or 127. I also feel that post #107 is hinting at a cop on the mafia team, combined with his talk of Godfathers and millers I feel that he could be scum breadcrumbing roles again use the excuse of "him not being stupid enough" to do that again since it almost cost his previous team the game.

I can't remember who (maybe Prims?), but somebody said that using meta was somewhat scummy. Eclipse said something about emotions being easy to fake, etc. etc. ergo I dislike meta. Neither of those posts were in this thread.

I don't know Weapons's style, but more than half of his posts have been joking. Other than that, he restated what was said about Manix, and randomly accuses SB of being scummy for leaving. AND he doesn't place a vote. Considering I didn't even know Marth was playing until BBM's prodvote, I hardly think inactivity is super scummy right now.

Using meta isn't scummy itself, it's how the person is applying it (like pretty much everything).

I'm pretty sure everybody uses meta to some extent, perhaps subliminally, but I'm not fond of overusing it because it leads to giving weaker players passes for being bad when they could still be scum, etc. This is a playstyle thing though and not everybody has to agree.

The problem with overuse of meta is that strong players will abuse it as scum while weak players will get free obvtown passes, so the latter never really get better, causing stagnation etc.

My post was at like the exact same minute as Paper's... Shinori even made a post directly after commenting that we posted at nearly the exact same time. >_> And no, my vote against Scorri was based on a reread of the thread, of events mostly before my prodvote against Marth.

I have kind of a null read on SB. From the couple games he's played in, he tends to be inactive and sort of disinterested whether he's town or whether he's scum.

And hey, Rapier's playing. Didn't know that either.

Shinori even made a post directly after commenting that we posted at nearly the exact same time. >_>

Fuck if I'd know that, I barely parse one-liners with no relevance to the actual game because they make the thread annoying to read.

Fuck if I'd know that, I barely parse one-liners with no relevance to the actual game because they make the thread annoying to read.

So you mean some of the stuff you do? Kind of like the post you just made?

Prims: Who is scum?

Maybe I wouldn't have needed to posted a one-liner if you'd read my contentposts. Incidentally the response to BBM wasn't worthless either, it was a ~subtle call~ to post less shit because I often find SF games annoying to re-read as town (and as scum I just don't re-read).

Manix is my only notable scum read but he's obvious scum because seriously, read his ISO and tell me that's town play. His votepark on me is bad and the rest of his posts are "why me" because he's nervous and not scumhunting. Wouldn't object to Bananas lynch either for reasons detailed in my first D2 post. As for other people, I get Scum Aren't Posting Yet Vibesâ„¢.

I'm getting weird vibes from scorri, due to how she voted weapons for posting only fluff when most of the game hasn't done anything else at that point either. She posted she was suspicious of the inactives, but then claimed she wasn't and that it was mostly poking. I think she looked way too much into weapons being unhelpful in day 1.

I also had a scum read on weapons but looking back I think he's just unhelpful town so far. Also I left because I went to sleep.

K it's party time

I'm keeping my vote on Prims. Wanna know why? Sure.

##Vote: Manix

Pretty sure I was existing just fine Day 1, lol earlygame prodvotes.

These were his D1 posts. Something feel off to you? None of them actually contributed anything. Existing, yes. Productive? Not at all.

@Shinori: Manix was voting me as if I were a lurker. Content level of my posts was fine for when I made them.

subtle reminder that I voted Prims before he even posted D2. hey look at the above posts. What content?

yeah Prims, stop trying to say you've done stuff before that, because you didn't